3-star CB Brownlee breaks down his UM commitment, what the future holds

View as article
Advertisement
So now we are allowing 3* kids to eat up scholarships as a place holder.

We need to get to a point of either commit now and shut it down or just wait while both parties are still doing evaluations.
I feel you drew but they got bit on that hand last year.

I see what you're saying but I'd personally rather get an honest assessment of someone's recruitment than just an orange and green puff piece. I don't ask it of everybody, but for someone with no other major offers, I think it's a more than fair question. And no, both Good and Munoz just answered that nobody else coming in could sway them, so some do, some don't. It is what it is

It was a good question to ask. I mean the kid is being honest but it's not a good look to commit and THEN say that you're really waiting on offers from Miami's biggest rival and then the team Miami is trying to dethrone in the conference. That really does wreak of putting Miami as a placeholder and I'd have to imagine the Canes coaches will holler at him about that. If not, they need to.

Advertisement
I see what you're saying but I'd personally rather get an honest assessment of someone's recruitment than just an orange and green puff piece. I don't ask it of everybody, but for someone with no other major offers, I think it's a more than fair question. And no, both Good and Munoz just answered that nobody else coming in could sway them, so some do, some don't. It is what it is

Got to know who your interviewing. Munoz ...committed on the spot. No need to ask him that. Good isnt from S.fla and were his biggest offer. Brownlee is a kid from Carol City and plays on the S.FLA Express a team full of kids recruited by all the best schools in the nation....its a circle jerk to say who offered who and who is visiting where with those kids. That's why his answered differed from the other two. Your question pushed him towards the answer. Not really a fluff piece..but next time...just ask When he states that he will still do visits...just ask to which schools. That way down the road you can do a follow up interview with him during the season..and maybe bring that question back up (What schools are coming on hard?, who can maybe change your mind?). You essentially KILLED his commitment interview.

Advertisement
As one of everyone’s favorite former head coaches said .... If you’re still looking we’re still looking.

In addition to his Clemson / FSU comment I found his comment about commiting now because.... I felt like I had no choice ... to be odd.

I'd drop this kid for Kaiir Elam in a second, especially after that comment. Let him try to get away with holding on punt returns for someone else.

Advertisement
just keeping it real...Everykid that goes to UM is blessed for our academics and that is an amazing thing. something we offer that much other schools cant compete with.....If you are a football player and you come to miami for FOOTBALL ... I can assure you that bama and ga recruits are not saying they commit there becuase academics ... ITS LIVE AND DIE FOOTBALL , football with passion......

on top of that I heard davis was on campus today and we have this kid commit .. pretty embarrassing....

"On the defensive side of the ball, Jordan Battle proved he is one of the top safeties in the country, showing terrific instincts and range. Josh Sanguinetti was another eraser on the back end, Top247 cornerback Tyrique Stevenson was physical and broke up several passes and Jaden Davis was a presence as well. All four of those guys are touted and showed why, where meanwhile Jarvis Brownlee came out West and made a name for himself. The 6-foot, 170-pound cornerback had a clutch pass breakup to secure the perfect record and pool play and it was fitting he picked off a pass in the championship on Sunday to cap a very productive weekend."

“A lot of our guys have the big offers and big rankings, I think Jarvis Brownlee is as good as any of those kids,” Goetz said.
South Florida Express wins Adidas 7-on-7 National Championship

Now let's see if it pans out that way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What is wrong with these kids man. I like him but not enough for him to be flirting and begging other schools for offers. Best case scenario is nobody else offers him and he comes in with a chip on his shoulder. If not take Davis and tell him to kick rocks.

Advertisement
Back