2024 24 3* QB Luke Moga from AZ

Advertisement
Advertisement

“Obviously [Shannon] Dawson wasn’t there in January and no communication with [Josh Gattis] actually,” Moga told InsideTheU regarding getting back down to Miami. “I’m excited to meet [Dawson] face-to-face and then sit down with him to get his philosophies and how he can use me. Then it’s also important for my mom to see. It’s my decision, but both my dad and my mom are the most influential people. Just practice and [Dawson]’s philosophies and stuff. Obviously if that’s a place where I’m going to go, which could be a possibility, any school, I’d like to get there multiple times, so it’s super important for me.”

“I was on the phone with him [Tuesday] night and we’ve been talking a lot. We have a group chat too with the coaches and a lot of my family members, so we’re just chopping it up and talking about football but also talking about random stuff. I communicate with them very heavily,” Moga said.

“They’re obviously pushing extremely hard, and just the opportunity to have a legacy there. To bring The U back to The U and to be a part of something great and to live a quality life out there. From what I’ve seen, it’s a perfect opportunity to do that and I’m excited to get back,” Moga said.

“Quarterbacks love to throw the ball too, but Miami always gets the top linemen in every class, so you’re also going to have big guys protecting for you and protecting for you well, giving you time to throw. I can also use my legs in this offense when things break down to extend the play, which I look forward to,” Moga said.

Outside of Miami, Moga will go see TCU, Oklahoma, and Oregon this spring. Utah and Cal have hosted on campus as well. The plan is to take some official visits in the summer and have a decision made before his senior season.

“After spring ball, summer, whenever I know, I know. It will be before the season is the goal,” Moga said of a decision timeline.

Advertisement
He's going to rise up the rankings, talent is there. He is just extremely raw which is fine for a QB whose just started playing the position like 2 years ago. I definitely like him better then Hairston.
This is stupid. Everyone said the same about Emory, production and game film matter. We have enough projects on the roster, go get an actual ******* Quarterback.

This is stupid. Everyone said the same about Emory, production and game film matter. We have enough projects on the roster, go get an actual ******* Quarterback.
Exactly. Like this guy…

46C57D60-DBEE-4B29-B283-912CCA0846B0.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao. Bro, this is not important.
Bro...

1. Accuracy is the most important QB trait to our OC.

2. You're associating two completely different players; an early enrollee (technically should still be in H.S.) with polish who finished 3rd in Elite11 final composite ranking, vs. a highly-athletic H.S. Junior who just started playing QB recently.

3. They have different skill-sets and, if you watch the film, play the game very differently.

I agree with your overall premise of recruiting elite talent, but that comparison is neither fair nor necessary.

Bro...

1. Accuracy is the most important QB trait to our OC.

2. You're associating two completely different players; an early enrollee (technically should still be in H.S.) with polish who finished 3rd in Elite11 final composite ranking, vs. a highly-athletic H.S. Junior who just started playing QB recently.

3. They have different skill-sets and, if you watch the film, play the game very differently.

I agree with your overall premise of recruiting elite talent, but that comparison is neither fair nor necessary.
I have no further comment on the elite 11 stuff. I could post 3 other sites that hardly even mentioned Emory its all subjective with no true value. My bigger issue is signing guys that can't come in and compete for multiple seasons. If Jacurri is 2 or 3 years away and Emory is 2 or 3 years away and we sign this kid that's 2 or 3 years away who tf is competing for the job?

Advertisement
Back