2024 24 3* QB Luke Moga from AZ

Advertisement
So Air and Judd are deciding before him. We will see if there's a spot left when he decides.

Fail Take That GIF by Fort Wayne TinCaps

Ill just point out, the stuff yall saying about this chap is the exact type of thing people, some of yall probably said about Lamar Jackson who was in our backyard and we see how he turnt out. Instead of looking at what kids do, yall down them for all kinda things they need to work on. Do you know the fitz DC's get trying to scheme for a true mobile QB. We seen players like Tebow break all kinda records in college with a weird **** throwing motion but yall never learn. Yall also assume they cant improve or they are too dumb to learn. Even Vince Young, years ago, weird throwing motion, couldnt be tackled and fast as ****. National champion. Dawson is good at fixing mechanics and making the reads easy for QB's. I trust his evals

This is stupid. Everyone said the same about Emory, production and game film matter. We have enough projects on the roster, go get an actual ******* Quarterback.

Emory didn't do camps, he didn't play the PR/SM game, he played on a bad team in a small town, and the staff was higher on him than the clowns who make the lists. He also earned his way into the Elite 11 and did well against many top QBs. And still, Emory rose up the rankings over and over and the early word from Greentree is he is even better than expected and his arm and accuracy are legit. No guarantees, but there is reason to feel optimistic about him.

My dead grandmother can identify the 5-star no-brainer QB's (and like 60% of them fail anyway, btw). We need to let the staff evaluate. Recruiting is a numbers game. There is a reason they want two QB's this cycle and they sure aren't trying to settle for their B-list guys. If we can land say Air and Moga, we would (if we can redshirt Brown, god-willing) then have four young QB's on the roster ready to compete in 2024.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Emory didn't do camps, he didn't play the PR/SM game, he played on a bad team in a small town, and the staff was higher on him than the clowns who make the lists. He also earned his way into the Elite 11 and did well against many top QBs. And still, Emory rose up the rankings over and over and the early word from Greentree is he is even better than expected and his arm and accuracy are legit. No guarantees, but there is reason to feel optimistic about him.

My dead grandmother can identify the 5-star no-brainer QB's (and like 60% of them fail anyway, btw). We need to let the staff evaluate. Recruiting is a numbers game. There is a reason they want two QB's this cycle and they sure aren't trying to settle for their B-list guys. If we can land say Air and Moga, we would (if we can redshirt Brown, god-willing) then have four young QB's on the roster ready to compete in 2024.
CIS puts way to much to much stock into Elite 11. His team being bad wasn't in spite of him, he was a contributing factor. The early reports from 2022 told us TVD was in command of the offense and looked sharp. I'll continue to wait for on field results.

CIS puts way to much to much stock into Elite 11. His team being bad wasn't in spite of him, he was a contributing factor. The early reports from 2022 told us TVD was in command of the offense and looked sharp. I'll continue to wait for on field results.

Well, I don't put "too much stock" into the Elite 11. But it's nice when your guy competes well in anything against the 5-stars that people fellate. It's not football, sure, but it's one, small part of the puzzle, and certainly replicates a lot of the things kids need to practice when they get to college.

You could say "people put too much stock in getting 5-star QB's" and be equally right since so many of them flame out.

As for you saying his team being bad wasn't in spite of him, you're wrong, you just threw that out there, and nah, I'm not gonna let it pass, homie. Get behind the kid, he has as much potential as a lot of the guys you'd give a toe for. Will he work out? We will see. Will the 5-stars work out? We will see. Again, less than 50/50 chance on them too. You stack numbers.

UGA just won an NC with a walk-on. Oklahoma went to the CFP with a former walk-on. Bama has won the ship with a 3-star QB who had almost the exact rating Emory has. Miami won the NC with Gino Torretta, a near-nobody who was recruited to hold Bryan Fortay's Gatorade bottle. Even Dorsey's best offers came late. He wasn't some 5-star. He was a 175lb kid who a lot of majors passed on. And on and on. All those guys are super competitive work-ethic guys who were super coachable.

What Emory 100% has, is the personality traits, work-ethic (on field and off) and football IQ that gives him a much lesser chance of getting derailed. The types of traits that so many winning QB's have. And he has an NFL body and a big arm to boot. The ceiling is there.

I'm happy he's on the roster. Let's add even more now.

Last edited:
Well, I don't put "too much stock" into the Elite 11. But it's nice when your guy competes well in anything against the 5-stars that people fellate. It's not football, sure, but it's one, small part of the puzzle, and certainly replicates a lot of the things kids need to practice when they get to college.

You could say "people put too much stock in getting 5-star QB's" and be equally right since so many of them flame out.

As for you saying his team being bad wasn't in spite of him, you're wrong, you just threw that out there, and nah, I'm not gonna let it pass, homie. Get behind the kid, he has as much potential as a lot of the guys you'd give a toe for. Will he work out? We will see. Will the 5-stars work out? We will see. Again, less than 50/50 chance on them too. You stack numbers.

UGA just won an NC with a walk-on. Oklahoma went to the CFP with a former walk-on. Bama has won the ship with a 3-star QB who had almost the exact rating Emory has. Miami won the NC with Gino Torretta, a near-nobody who was recruited to hold Bryan Fortay's Gatorade bottle. Even Dorsey's best offers came late. He wasn't some 5-star. He was a 175 kid who a lot of majors passed on. And on and on. All those guys are super competitive work-ethic guys who were super coachable.

What Emory 100% has, is the personality traits, work-ethic (on field and off) and football IQ that gives him a much lesser chance of getting derailed. The types of traits that so many winning QB's have. And he has an NFL body and a big arm to boot. The ceiling is there.

I'm happy he's on the roster. Let's add even more now.
The people that keep hopping on this stupid "you can win with anyone at QB", leave out the generational talent surrounding those players. Yes it's possible but you also need a roster littered with 1st round picks. I didn't just throw out anything I saw firsthand Emory competing on the football field. Seeing a highlight tape isn't a comparison.

These are really weak arguments you are making. I support Miami so I hope he proves me wrong but a week of spring camp and an elite 11 competition won't erase what I saw in person. My biggest hope is he has a strong work ethic and is dedicated to the film room. If he does that and becomes just a backup he is a good addition.

You are not a QB coach with a proven record of developing underrated or raw prospects. TVD had proven results on the field before last season if u wanna go there. Thats a different thing when you are talking about 16 and 17 year old high school players. Ill take a chance on a great athlete every single time.

Advertisement
You are not a QB coach with a proven record of developing underrated or raw prospects. TVD had proven results on the field before last season if u wanna go there. Thats a different thing when you are talking about 16 and 17 year old high school players. Ill take a chance on a great athlete every single time.
You picked TVD over Bryce Young 12 months ago. I'll respectfully ignore your prognostications.

You picked TVD over Bryce Young 12 months ago. I'll respectfully ignore your prognostications.
I picked him in the offense he balled out in. I picked him with his OL intact and i picked him with his performance with 2 Miami all time statistical WRs to throw the ball to. Give Bryce Young last season dynamics then chat hombre.

Its a fact that players like Geno Smith and Lamar Jackson leave south FL and end up how they do because of some of the stuff you are saying.
Why would i not trust the guy eval who has done it? Sounds like common sense to me. Then again thats all that matters, who the coach want. Whether u mad or no

The people that keep hopping on this stupid "you can win with anyone at QB", leave out the generational talent surrounding those players. Yes it's possible but you also need a roster littered with 1st round picks. I didn't just throw out anything I saw firsthand Emory competing on the football field. Seeing a highlight tape isn't a comparison.

These are really weak arguments you are making. I support Miami so I hope he proves me wrong but a week of spring camp and an elite 11 competition won't erase what I saw in person. My biggest hope is he has a strong work ethic and is dedicated to the film room. If he does that and becomes just a backup he is a good addition.

Come on, meng. It's wild the way you twist what I say to suit your argument and put words in my mouth and think it flies.

I never said "you can win with any QB." Stop it. I pointed out that not every excellent QB was one of the highly ranked 5-star types you're obsessed with.

Out of the examples of lowly recruited QB's that won in CFB that I used, two are starting QB's in the NFL today, more than one won the Heisman, and another made millions in the NFL over 6 years and is going to be an NFL HC in the next couple of years. The other just graduated. I was ready for you, lol.

All this said, yes I know you want him to succeed. And yes, he most definitely "has a strong work ethic and is dedicated to the film room." If you really took a deep dive on him you would know that already. He's a junkie that way. All football.

Come on, meng. It's wild the way you twist what I say to suit your argument and put words in my mouth and think it flies.

I never said "you can win with any QB." Stop it. I pointed out that not every excellent QB was one of the highly ranked 5-star types you're obsessed with.

Out of the examples of lowly recruited QB's that won in CFB that I used, two are starting QB's in the NFL today, more than one won the Heisman, and another made millions in the NFL over 6 years and is going to be an NFL HC in the next couple of years. The other just graduated. I was ready for you, lol.

All this said, yes I know you want him to succeed. And yes, he most definitely "has a strong work ethic and is dedicated to the film room." If you really took a deep dive on him you would know that already. He's a junkie that way. All football.
We need a team of football junkies. If that's what Emory is in college we won but if you are looking for someone to elevate your team that's not who he was. Some guys elevate the talent around some guys fit in. In high school Emory was the latter.

Advertisement
I don’t see what the issue is with the approach last recruiting season. We took a shot and had a top tier QB committed in Rashada and still landed a strong upside QB, before that in Emory, and kept him. Rashada bailed and we weren’t stuck with zilch like the gator. Sounds like Emory’s actually pretty solid. I don’t remember TVD being super highly ranked. He was an Enos eval with potential and traits. Sure we want to land the top ranked ones of course but I think what they’re doing is solid. Right now it looks like they’re going for Air Noland as the top guy and also trying to land a strong upside guy, maybe Moga. This seems like a pretty sound approach.

I’m rooting for Emory because he is now a Cane but let’s not forget that he had a teammate that was committed to UGA all year that ultimately signed with 8-4. Cottrell was a top 150 recruit most of the cycle. Because of him many people got a good look at Emory and most did not offer. Hopefully those schools were all wrong, it would not be the first nor the last time, but if UF signed this kid we would be laughing at them for it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who does hand timing at track meets in 2023 😂
There’s more than you think. Timing companies are expensive as fucc. And buying you own timing system is just not in the budget for a lot of small schools…. Especially for a non revenue sport like track and field. Sad… but that’s fact.

Last edited:
We need a team of football junkies. If that's what Emory is in college we won but if you are looking for someone to elevate your team that's not who he was. Some guys elevate the talent around some guys fit in. In high school Emory was the latter.

I'm not sure we do need a guy who elevates. It's nice, but we've usually been successful when we've had an accurate QB who gets the ball to our athletes and limits mistakes.

I’m rooting for Emory because he is now a Cane but let’s not forget that he had a teammate that was committed to UGA all year that ultimately signed with 8-4. Cottrell was a top 150 recruit most of the cycle. Because of him many people got a good look at Emory and most did not offer. Hopefully those schools were all wrong, it would not be the first nor the last time, but if UF signed this kid we would be laughing at them for it.

Yep and that kid did all the camps, social media, PR, etc. Emory was an eval kid. Look, I don't give a crap where he was rated and who thought what. They like him on Greentree, right now. I hope he continues to develop.

I'm not sure we do need a guy who elevates. It's nice, but we've usually been successful when we've had an accurate QB who gets the ball to our athletes and limits mistakes.
Your "usually" is from 20 years ago. That was cool when Dorsey was on campus. I'll eagerly await the '24 QB class but excuse me if I avoid the Greentree hype.

Advertisement
Back