2022 So. Fla DL class is STACKED

I've noticed that you're a huge coach apologist.

Let's take your pom-poms off and think logically for a second.

You think THIS staff deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to recruiting and evaluation?
You see allllllll these South Florida kids balling throughout college football...
Kids that Miami didn't even recruit...
And you STILL trust the staff at all costs?

And then you mock the opinions of the "online scouts" on here, but if you've been around the message board for a while you'll realize that some of OUR EVALUATIONS have turned out better than Miami's!
I, for one, didn't want Holley. He was pedestrian in high school. There was a better DT locally that we chose not to recruit. So far I've been right, as the kid who I preferred has started his career out on a much better trajectory.

So yes, sometimes the board does know better about kids. Crazy ****, ain't it?

Who was the kid you wanted over Holley. Hunter and Holley are both young with a lot of football left to play.
Gerald Willis didn't do much until his fifth season in college. And he was one of the top DTs coming out of hs according to some sites.
And is not about defending the coaches, but the kids that give all to represent the U and our fans already ****tingg on them by their second year.

Advertisement
Man you full of poopoo, you know **** well you are not kicking a curvaceous big bosom milf out of your bed because you know she has the life experience to do things to you that could change your life.

2905400_15.jpg

Go Canes

LMFAO yeah I am. I think that's gross.

You’re misreading his comment.

He wrote “Over the years I've become increasingly certain that anyone who finds this sexually attractive was probably breast fed too long and has very serious mommy issues.

He’s not telling you about milf’s. He’s telling you about the _guys_ who are attracted to them. The real question is why he’s ‘increasingly certain’ about these guy’s sexuality and upbringing? Maybe he should know more about the merits of these ladies and less about the upbringing of the guys who nail them.

It's almost impressive how you can get it and also totally not get it. I'm not discussing "the merits" of any ladies at all. Large ******* short of being obese is not an indictment on anyone. I'm "increasingly certain" because every person I meet that turns into a puddle for abnormally large-breasted women ultimately proves to have some serious issues regarding approval-seeking behavior, and that continues to prove itself without fail.

I've noticed that you're a huge coach apologist.

Let's take your pom-poms off and think logically for a second.

You think THIS staff deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to recruiting and evaluation?
You see allllllll these South Florida kids balling throughout college football...
Kids that Miami didn't even recruit...
And you STILL trust the staff at all costs?

And then you mock the opinions of the "online scouts" on here, but if you've been around the message board for a while you'll realize that some of OUR EVALUATIONS have turned out better than Miami's!
I, for one, didn't want Holley. He was pedestrian in high school. There was a better DT locally that we chose not to recruit. So far I've been right, as the kid who I preferred has started his career out on a much better trajectory.

So yes, sometimes the board does know better about kids. Crazy ****, ain't it?

Calijah Kancey was too short for Manny & Jess. Well, this year (RsFr) he played in all 11 games for a very solid Pitt Dline, started a few games, and was named a Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Rivals and The Athletic. And a lot of people on this board wanted him offered and seriously recruited.

Who was the kid you wanted over Holley. Hunter and Holley are both young with a lot of football left to play.
Gerald Willis didn't do much until his fifth season in college. And he was one of the top DTs coming out of hs according to some sites.
And is not about defending the coaches, but the kids that give all to represent the U and our fans already ****tingg on them by their second year.
Doesn't matter who I wanted over Holley. I'm not gonna get into a debate about two kids. He's better than Holley, period. Was better than him in HS, and is on track to have a better career than him now.
Holley hasn't sniffed the field here. And we're not even talented at the DT position. We just recently added some LEGIT talent at the position which will likely push Holley back even further. Not to mention, playing ability aside, he's a cornball and made us look bad MULTIPLE times on national TV while dancing during losses to FIU and Georgia Tech. His scholly should be removed for that lone. (joking) (kinda)

And please don't compare him to Willis. Willis had other issues.

Advertisement

Holley is no Willis.

Also the narrative that Willis didn’t do much until his 5th year isn’t true either. His 5th year is when he ultimately became what he was but he played as a true freshman at UF on a MUCH DEEPER defensive line and also had 5.5 TFLs and 1.5 sack in 2016 at UM as a reserve DT. So to say he “didn’t do much” til 2018 isn’t true. We KNEW he was a player and he showed his ability several times throughout Richt’s first season. Holley hasn’t played a significant snap yet and has yet to show a single thing, IIRC.

I’m not expecting much from Holley. Hope he proves me wrong, obviously.

Last edited:
I watch D-lines eyes between plays and when you see them ( front 4) looking at each other calmly in a unison look no high fives just focused 3 and out

That’s a confident front FOUR

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back to the '22 DL class. Who of these guys do we actually have a good shot at? You'd think after (likely) having two DEs go in the 1st round in one year, we'd be very attractive to many of them. Though we know there are always many variables in a recruitment.

Doesn't matter who I wanted over Holley. I'm not gonna get into a debate about two kids. He's better than Holley, period. Was better than him in HS, and is on track to have a better career than him now.
Holley hasn't sniffed the field here. And we're not even talented at the DT position. We just recently added some LEGIT talent at the position which will likely push Holley back even further. Not to mention, playing ability aside, he's a cornball and made us look bad MULTIPLE times on national TV while dancing during losses to FIU and Georgia Tech. His scholly should be removed for that lone. (joking) (kinda)

And please don't compare him to Willis. Willis had other issues.
I guess the kid you wanted over Holley doesn't exist.

Advertisement
Calijah Kancey was too short for Manny & Jess. Well, this year (RsFr) he played in all 11 games for a very solid Pitt Dline, started a few games, and was named a Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Rivals and The Athletic. And a lot of people on this board wanted him offered and seriously recruited.
Yup. And Pitt’s DL evals have been solid.

Advertisement
Not every player will be an all american, I still trust the coaches that watch the players, scout them and then decide to offer them, over online scouts that base their opinions off a 5 min video.
Is easy to criticize after the fact. But at the time there weren't many people saying the 2019 DT haul was a bad one.
Also Holley is just a redshirt freshman he has time to develop still.
I said DT evals been bad for awhile just no one's talking about it. I didn't care for those north east kids and I live up here lol.

Of course you ‘trust’ the staff evals. That’s your thing. You must be perplexed at why it hasn’t worked out well for 20 years. Why do you think we keep firing these corches you trust? How come we haven’t had a single AA in a decade, outside of a transfer kicker we had this past season, who we managed not even to offer coming out of HS. It’s the worst talent eval period in the program’s history going back to pre-70s.

Of course you don’t trust anyone other than the staff. You’re apparently incapable of processing that there are plenty of posters on these sites who have specific knowledge or demonstrated judgment that has been more accurate than the staff plenty of times.

Of course you defend your face plant of a porst with a blah blah claim that everyone loved the DT haul from ‘19 and any criticism is just after the fact. That’s the tired excuse we hear on all discussions of this sort. It’s almost never true. Excuse mongers like you just say that after the fact to avoid having to consider whether your ‘trust the staff’ routine has any merit.

The ‘19 DT kids were pretty late adds to the cycle. There were folks who were happy with them in the context of piecing it together late. That’s quite different from everyone thinking we set out to take two NY kids at DT. We didn’t. We flailed for most of that cycle at DL. Holley was a kid folks hoped Simpson would have evaluated well, given the history. Seems like he was wrong. We’ll see. I don’t like to write kids off early but DT is a position you typically get a sense of relatively fast. He’s not a small kid who needs years to develop.
Bruh I hated the DTs after RJ left.....they were being recruited like wide receivers and linebackers just no one spoke of it.

Does anyone else find it odd that UM had first round DTs in the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s, and ‘00s, but in the 2010s? Wilfork was our last first round DT. How in the world can someone say we’ve been recruiting DT ‘just fine’? Is the standard around here that we win the Coastal once a decade?
Easy answer they are drones and anyone we recruit they watch the highlights and convince themselves that the prospect is elite. It's what they do with every recruit. They will blame development...so that means my old *** can get recruited and they will blame the development.....they won't say I sucked from jump but yea I suck but I apparently got offered by UM lol

Advertisement
Back