2022 So. Fla DL class is STACKED

Advertisement
I might honestly put every OL in the "kids where evals will really matter" category, just out of respect for how difficult I think that position is to evaluate (though I am very high on Seymour and high on Rodriguez).
I don’t disagree. I put them in easy takes because i think their long suit gets a kid above the bar - not because i think they’re guaranteed. Seymour for physical size/ability/potential and rodriguez for play, toughness. Agree its a crapshoot and I admit I would have put Donaldson into easy take and maybe obvious. But the point of these discussions is to differentiate amongst kids so trying to do that on OL.

So he was literally hit or miss so I guess the hits meant a lot of draft picks but the others disappeared completely.
The ‘miss rate’ may be more important than the ‘hit rate’ when it comes to evals. Empty / useless roster spots are so harmful. For the level of comp we play, we should be less dependent on getting lucky on a few kids. Hit the average for our recruiting level and we’ll win 10+ games a season. That’s a reason I have consistently talked about ‘effective roster talent’ when people bring up NFL stats. Zion may end up in the nfl in the future. That didn’t help him in 2019, and he played because our OL depth was a disaster, which resulted from bad recruiting and bad evals. One day someone may say rhat OL was good because zion ended up an nfl all pro. They’d be wrong. If you want to know a team’s competitiveness, you‘d be well served to assess the talent on its practice squad, because that tells you both who’s above them and the level of depth and competitiveness. We could semd 6 kids a year to the nfl forever and still not have experience, depth, maturity etc.

Advertisement
Back