2022 So. Fla DL class is STACKED

Advertisement
If Roche and JP played with Willis and RJ. That’s what a Miami dline should look like.

Our dline has holes in it. If it isn’t good enough de’s it’s bad dt’s.
When we beat ND we had a front 7 with nfl talent all over it. And most of those dudes were recruited by alleged morons.
Everyone misses on evaluations but the low amount of players we failed to recruit to cover for the misses is likely just as important as evaluations.
The sht recruiting efforts by Serles and Kool left the trenches as empty as they’ve been in years and hurt both sides of the ball tremendously.
Add on top of that the **** poor corner back recruiting and we’re **** lucky sht ain’t worse both on the field and on the trail.
Not excusing anyone, but for a program like Miami to lag behind at key positions for the past few years means that something has been dysfunctionally wrong at some basic fundamental level and needed some massive overhaul. The 2020 and hopefully the 21 class will prove that some things have been improved on. But it still needs work.

I know you and Dwins won’t believe it til you see it but I’m falling for it a little this year. I’m not sold on the LBs except Smit, like Dwins, but I think we got some good players and other spots.
I hope that’s right.

I’ve not spent the time assessing I used to. Here’s how I see it:

- obvious kids: LT, JW, Arroyo
- seem like easy takes (should have high success rate): Chase Smith, Seymour, Thad, Garcia, Curtis (given need), Rodriguez, Borregales

kids where evals will really matter:
- Kinchens (there were other highly ranked safeties), Brashard, Ismael, Brinson, George, McLaughlin, Brantley, Davis, Haye, Troutman, Johnson

Notes: could move kinchens up a rung but there were other highly rated safeties we didn’t take so i consider him a good eval. Ould move curtis down but we had such a need we didn’t really have good alternatives so place less weight on the eval.

I hope that’s right.

- seem like easy takes (should have high success rate): Chase Smith, Seymour, Thad, Garcia, Curtis (given need), Rodriguez, Borregales

- Kinchens (there were other highly ranked safeties), Brashard, Ismael, Brinson, George, McLaughlin, Brantley, Davis, Haye, Troutman, Johnson

Notes: could move kinchens up a rung but there were other highly rated safeties we didn’t take so i consider him a good eval. Ould move curtis down but we had such a need we didn’t really have good alternatives so place less weight on the eval.
Brashard looks good. I don’t know enough about the others. People like Brinson and George but Pope came in with a lot of hype too.

Advertisement
Brashard looks good. I don’t know enough about the others. People like Brinson and George but Pope came in with a lot of hype too.
Fwiw, i like brashard’s skill set and we’ve been lacking kids like this so I’m excited to see what he can do. But not ready to crown any WR recruits after what we’ve been through as a program.

Looking at the draft picks he actually had good evals. It was his craziness with D’no mostly.
It’s a tricky topic. People want to look at draft picks as evidence of evals, but that’s a few kids a year. IMO it shows you only a small piece of the picture - essentially if you can find kids with relatively high ceilings. to me, the biggest issue with evals is whether a coach or staff has the QC to avoid really bad evals. Because totally blown evals can destroy roster depth and competition. If you accept that, then the NFL draft data doesn’t help that much. Golden took a bunch of kids who were terrible evals. So overall I mark him down somewhat for roster issues caused by too many blown evals.

Fwiw, i like brashard’s skill set and we’ve been lacking kids like this so I’m excited to see what he can do. But not ready to crown any WR recruits after what we’ve been through as a program.
My concern about Davis is they’re moving him from DL to LB. when we had success , we we’re doing the opposite. Am I missing something with this one?

Advertisement
It’s a tricky topic. People want to look at draft picks as evidence of evals, but that’s a few kids a year. IMO it shows you only a small piece of the picture - essentially if you can find kids with relatively high ceilings. to me, the biggest issue with evals is whether a coach or staff has the QC to avoid really bad evals. Because totally blown evals can destroy roster depth and competition. If you accept that, then the mfl draft data doesn’t help that much. Golden took a bunch of kids who were terrible evals. So overall I mark him down somewhat for roster issues caused by too many blown evals.
So he was literally hit or miss so I guess the hits meant a lot of draft picks but the others disappeared completely.

My concern about Davis is they’re moving him from DL to LB. when we had success , we we’re doing the opposite. Am I missing something with this one?
I share your concern. Don’t know. Maybe he can be a tool box kid but i recall the LB era for this program and don’t see enough kids like that anymore.

I'm worried about the other wideout besides Smith. I just don't trust us after Pope.....pope looked great in those t shirt and shorts games. But he looked so tiny man.......I remember people saying bama wanted him bad but did they? They may have tried make it look that way cause that boy 100 would of never played there.

Advertisement
I'm worried about the other wideout besides Smith. I just don't trust us after Pope.....pope looked great in those t shirt and shorts games. But he looked so tiny man.......I remember people saying bama wanted him bad but did they? They may have tried make it look that way cause that boy 100 would of never played there.
Correct me if I am wrong, but Mark Pope never reached above 600 yards in a season, right?

I remember looking at his stats in High School and went "How the **** is that dude a five star with that production?"

Correct me if I am wrong, but Mark Pope never reached above 600 yards in a season, right?

I remember looking at his stats in High School and went "How the **** is that dude a five star with that production?"
Is this true? In HS he never got over 600 yards?

Advertisement
I hope that’s right.

I might honestly put every OL in the "kids where evals will really matter" category, just out of respect for how difficult I think that position is to evaluate (though I am very high on Seymour and high on Rodriguez).

I hate the moving of DL to LB, it’s a much tougher adjustment than most fans realize and this comes from personal experience. Like most of us, I’m a big fan JJ’s philosophy and would love to bring in either Weldon or Marshall from Hallandale and move them down to LB.

As another poster already stated we are keeping Davis at DL, although I think if we keep struggling at LB recruiting we will see him moved around like we saw with Joyner. The DL we are moving to LB this year is Tyler Johnson, who may actually work out there if he has half the instincts and football IQ as his brother.

Advertisement
Back