2022 So. Fla DL class is STACKED

Advertisement
See this is how a legit conversation in a legit thread gets derailed and devolves into bull****
I love the way Macho and Sands break down the real root of the BS. I respect those dudes cause they will be hated for it but most of the **** they are saying is true....we have 15 years of proof. If this was 2008 then the slurpers can fight back but they can't there is too much evidence. I remember dudes saying our guys develop in the nfl but not here and even then I knew that was bs. They used Sam Shields all the time for that argument and we were living off Butch legends in the nfl.

I love the way Macho and Sands break down the real root of the BS. I respect those dudes cause they will be hated for it but most of the **** they are saying is true....we have 15 years of proof. If this was 2008 then the slurpers can fight back but they can't there is too much evidence. I remember dudes saying our guys develop in the nfl but not here and even then I knew that was bs. They used Sam Shields all the time for that argument and we were living off Butch legends in the nfl.
The last time we had a DT taken in the 1st round was 2010. That says a lot. When was the last time we had a LB taken in the 1st round?

Edit: 2004

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The last time we had a DT taken in the 1st round was 2010. That says a lot. When was the last time we had a LB taken in the 1st round?

Edit: 2004
Lol yup. I posted that above in this thread. Wilfork was out last first round dt. We had them in the ‘00s, ‘90s, ‘80s, ‘70s, and even ‘60s, but not the ‘10s. Worst run ever for the program.

Advertisement
Thread Title says FL 2022 DL class stacked.
Discussion has been anything but it.

You got cucked in here by Macho and Ethnic trying to argue evals at DT. Your cohort in Slurperdom showed up and derailed the thread and we tried to get it back on track by talking football and now you’re back crying foul?

It’s been years of bad evals. Alf may have had the best evals of all of them since Coker. I don’t know, maybe Shannon. Hard to believe.
Off memory -

hard to assess because the quality of kid receptive declined with the brand. Coker got plenty of good kids, but evaluated poorly to not at all. The culture also took time to degrade, and some of the assistants under coker knew evals.

Randy was quirky. He did know how to see some kids who were tough. But he had weird bugaboos (tall cbs), was lazy so didn’t evaluate enough kids well, and took way too many kids who weren’t evaluated at all as far as I can tell. Stoutland had some good evals under Randy.

Golden - i think he evaluated TEs well, and Dorito was solid at LBs. They were pretty hit or miss elsewhere. I’d say some good S evals but they also took some complete wtf kids at db. Ditto at wr and dl. Overall, golden may have been the best eval regime given the circumstances, but i’m pretty confident his process sucked, or larry hope and vernon davis and d’mauri whoever and brandon loftus don’t get offers. I think some lf the staff had good instincts but that’s not enough to make for good evals overall.

Richt - mediocre at best. He was hands off on D (half the team) and that wasn’t the right approach. On O, underrecruited OL, WR, QB. He did have a sense of some character topics but also took kids you could tell he’d have to toss. Overall a bad fit at UM, imo.

Manny - we’ll see. I don’t have any reason to think Manny is a good evaluator, but hoping he can get good evals from a good eval process. There’s reason to think he can be a good salesman when he’s focused on that.

Advertisement
Lol yup. I posted that above in this thread. Wilfork was out last first round dt. We had them in the ‘00s, ‘90s, ‘80s, ‘70s, and even ‘60s, but not the ‘10s. Worst run ever for the program.
This year will mark 17 years since we had a DT taken in the first round and 14 years since we had a LB taken in the first round. Hard to believe.

You got cucked in here by Macho and Ethnic trying to argue evals at DT. Your cohort in Slurperdom showed up and derailed the thread and we tried to get it back on track by talking football and now you’re back crying foul?

No one is crying, just pointing it out what I see.

Off memory -

hard to assess because the quality of kid receptive declined with the brand. Coker got plenty of good kids, but evaluated poorly to not at all. The culture also took time to degrade, and some of the assistants under coker knew evals.

Randy was quirky. He did know how to see some kids who were tough. But he had weird bugaboos (tall cbs), was lazy so didn’t evaluate enough kids well, and took way too many kids who weren’t evaluated at all as far as I can tell. Stoutland had some good evals under Randy.

Golden - i think he evaluated TEs well, and Dorito was solid at LBs. They were pretty hit or miss elsewhere. I’d say some good S evals but they also took some complete wtf kids at db. Ditto at wr and dl. Overall, golden may have been the best eval regime given the circumstances, but i’m pretty confident his process sucked, or larry hope and vernon davis and d’mauri whoever and brandon loftus don’t get offers. I think some lf the staff had good instincts but that’s not enough to make for good evals overall.

Richt - mediocre at best. He was hands off on D (half the team) and that wasn’t the right approach. On O, underrecruited OL, WR, QB. He did have a sense of some character topics but also took kids you could tell he’d have to toss. Overall a bad fit at UM, imo.

Manny - we’ll see. I don’t have any reason to think Manny is a good evaluator, but hoping he can get good evals from a good eval process. There’s reason to think he can be a good salesman when he’s focused on that.
I know you and Dwins won’t believe it til you see it but I’m falling for it a little this year. I’m not sold on the LBs except Smit, like Dwins, but I think we got some good players and other spots.

Advertisement
Back