2022 So. Fla DL class is STACKED

Blissett and Hunter were a good haul, nobody knew Blissett would retire because of concussions.
And I trust Simpsons evaluation of Holley over yours. He was offered after paradise camp where he was personally evaluated by the staff.
Sounds good. Keep me posted on how much trust you have in that eval as you watch the evidence continue to come in. One day you may even learn to think for yourself.

Advertisement
Naw he wasnt. I was at the camp he performed( might of been Paradise) at in front of the dl coach. It must be the Buford link but they were on him..same camp Blissett was at as well and got offered. Also not said much...but HOLLEY is also a NYCer like Hunte,Blissett. He moved to Atl during high school. In one class we took 3 NYC dts. Whats the chances of that.

Holley must of been trying to get the offer that day...kid was going 100% every drill...every rep. Think i seen Big Baby Seymore throw him somewhere in a rep...dude did a gymnastic roll got up and sprinted full speed back.
rolling-o.gif

I knew he was a character then....and wasnt surprised by the Soul Train line routine on the sidelines.
Cant tell from your response whether you think he was a good eval or not. I wasn’t suggesting they didn’t see him at camp. I recall that. I don’t think it was a good eval.

Sounds good. Keep me posted on how much trust you have in that eval as you watch the evidence continue to come in. One day you may even learn to think for yourself.

Not every player will be an all american, I still trust the coaches that watch the players, scout them and then decide to offer them, over online scouts that base their opinions off a 5 min video.
Is easy to criticize after the fact. But at the time there weren't many people saying the 2019 DT haul was a bad one.
Also Holley is just a redshirt freshman he has time to develop still.

Not every player will be an all american, I still trust the coaches that watch the players, scout them and then decide to offer them, over online scouts that base their opinions off a 5 min video.
Is easy to criticize after the fact. But at the time there weren't many people saying the 2019 DT haul was a bad one.
Of course you ‘trust’ the staff evals. That’s your thing. You must be perplexed at why it hasn’t worked out well for 20 years. Why do you think we keep firing these corches you trust? How come we haven’t had a single AA in a decade, outside of a transfer kicker we had this past season, who we managed not even to offer coming out of HS. It’s the worst talent eval period in the program’s history going back to pre-70s.

Of course you don’t trust anyone other than the staff. You’re apparently incapable of processing that there are plenty of posters on these sites who have specific knowledge or demonstrated judgment that has been more accurate than the staff plenty of times.

Of course you defend your face plant of a porst with a blah blah claim that everyone loved the DT haul from ‘19 and any criticism is just after the fact. That’s the tired excuse we hear on all discussions of this sort. It’s almost never true. Excuse mongers like you just say that after the fact to avoid having to consider whether your ‘trust the staff’ routine has any merit.

The ‘19 DT kids were pretty late adds to the cycle. There were folks who were happy with them in the context of piecing it together late. That’s quite different from everyone thinking we set out to take two NY kids at DT. We didn’t. We flailed for most of that cycle at DL. Holley was a kid folks hoped Simpson would have evaluated well, given the history. Seems like he was wrong. We’ll see. I don’t like to write kids off early but DT is a position you typically get a sense of relatively fast. He’s not a small kid who needs years to develop.

Last edited:
Of course you ‘trust’ the staff evals. That’s your thing. You must be perplexed at why it hasn’t worked out well for 20 years. Why do you think we keep firing these corches you trust? How come we haven’t had a single AA in a decade, outside of a transfer kicker we had this past season, who we managed not even to offer coming out of HS. It’s the worst talent eval period in the program’s history going back to pre-70s.

Of course you don’t trust anyone other than the staff. You’re apparently incapable of processing that there are plenty of posters on these sites who have specific knowledge or demonstrated judgment that has been more accurate than the staff plenty of times.

Of course you defend your face plant of a porst with a blah blah claim that everyone loved the DT haul from ‘19 and any criticism is just after the fact. That’s the tired excuse we hear on all discussions of this sort. It’s almost never true. Excuse mongers like you just say that after the fact to avoid having to consider whether your ‘trust the staff’ routine has any merit.

The ‘19 DT kids were pretty late adds to the cycle. There were folks who were happy with them in the context of piecing it together late. That’s quite different from everyone thinking we set out to take two NY kids at DT. We didn’t. We flailed for most of that cycle at DL. Holley was a kid folks hoped Simpson would have evaluated well, given the history. Seems like he was wrong. We’ll see. I don’t like to write kids off early but DT is a position you typically get a sense of relatively fast. He’s not a small kid who needs years to develop.

I said I trusted them more than yours. And the posters here that have a reputation have mostly seen the players in person before giving their opinions.
You come with the monday morning QB opinions acting like you know more than the coaches, is easy to give opinions after the fact.

2019 DT haul was a good one at the time and majority of fans thought so as well when we got them.
Hunter and Holley are redshirt freshmen so it could still be a good one. If nothing else they provide depth.

Advertisement
I said I trusted them more than yours. And the posters here that have a reputation have mostly seen the players in person before giving their opinions.
You come with the monday morning QB opinions acting like you know more than the coaches, is easy to give opinions after the fact.

2019 DT haul was a good one at the time and majority of fans thought so as well when we got them.
Hunter and Holley are redshirt freshmen so it could still be a good one. If nothing else they provide depth.
You should probably learn to write more accurately, if that’s the case. Your comment was that you trust the coaches “over online scouts that base their opinions off a 5 min video.”. That’s unspecific, plural and presumptuous (since you clearly don’t know what other posters base their views on). If that blather was intended to be directed at me it’s pretty passive aggressive.

In any case, it’s funny to see you now hiding in the ‘majority of fans’ view, as if that’s a logical thing to point to. The majority of fans don’t have views on most kids other than whatever they’re told on fan sites. You keep saying you ‘trust the staff’ despite that working out not at all the past two decades. Why do you even go to a recruiting site if you can’t even handle the idea that the staff may not be right and some posters may notice.

And lmao @ monday morning quarterbacking. I’ve been openly critical of UM recruiting on UM fan sites since 2002. I’m often accused of being a ‘mope’ on this site. That’s a term usually reserved for Sunday afternoon critics, not Monday morning ones. Our Monday morning problem is we haven’t had **** to celebrate as a program in ages, and that ain’t because our staff has been good at evals.

You should probably learn to write more accurately, if that’s the case. Your comment was that you trust the coaches “over online scouts that base their opinions off a 5 min video.”. That’s unspecific, plural and presumptuous (since you clearly don’t know what other posters base their views on). If that blather was intended to be directed at me it’s pretty passive aggressive.

In any case, it’s funny to see you now hiding in the ‘majority of fans’ view, as if that’s a logical thing to point to. The majority of fans don’t have views on most kids other than whatever they’re told on fan sites. You keep saying you ‘trust the staff’ despite that working out not at all the past two decades. Why do you even go to a recruiting site if you can’t even handle the idea that the staff may not be right and some posters may notice.

And lmao @ monday morning quarterbacking. I’ve been openly critical of UM recruiting on UM fan sites since 2002. I’m often accused of being a ‘mope’ on this site. That’s a term usually reserved for Sunday afternoon critics, not Monday morning ones. Our Monday morning problem is we haven’t had **** to celebrate as a program in ages, and that ain’t because our staff has been good at evals.

You keep talking about the past 20 years but this is a new staff. And according to the people that evaluate and are paid to talk about recruiting, the staff is filled with good recruiters.

And we all as fans depend on the information from sites like this one to form our opinions.
Unless you have personally scouted every player we signed all you're doing is going by highlight videos and other people evaluattions.
Our coaches are the only ones that evaluate all our players personally before offering scholarships.

And stop getting away from the main point. 2019 was a good DT haul.

You keep talking about the past 20 years but this is a new staff. And according to the people that evaluate and are paid to talk about recruiting, the staff is filled with good recruiters.

And we all as fans depend on the information from sites like this one to form our opinions.
Unless you have personally scouted every player we signed all you're doing is going by highlight videos and other people evaluattions.
Our coaches are the only ones that evaluate all our players personally before offering scholarships.

And stop getting away from the main point. 2019 was a good DT haul.
You keep changing your excuses. The staff is led by a Hc who wasn’t known as a good recruiter when he came here and spent his first 3 years as a LB corch who dodn’t evaluate or recruit LBs well. So sorry if I’m not impressed or deferential yet. Also, these ‘good recruiters’ you talk about are the new defensive guys I guess. Tjat’s the topic of this exchange, in any case. They haven’t proved **** yet at UM. Sorry if I don’t buy on hype. I’ll be optimistic looking ahead but that ain’t got **** to do with ’19.

more basically, we’re talking about evaluations, not recruiting. I’d have thought at this point you’d be able to grasp that. We have had very weak evals for ages and there isn’t evidence that’s changed yet. We’ve had good recruiters come and go over that time. Evals require a disciplined process, and a HC who knows what good looks like. There isn’t evidence yet that Manny is good at it. Hopefully he’ll show us he is, or can learn.

as for your inability to form any opinion other than ‘yay, staff,’ that’s on you. There’s plenty of information on these sites for you to form all sorts of opinions. You should try sometime to work on processing it all.

In any case, 2019 gave us one solid DT prospect. If that’s a ‘good haul’ to you, your standards are too low. But then, you are young and probably have never seen what an actual really good DT looks like at UM.

Advertisement
Willis was the best DT in the country his past year with us. Closest thing we’ve had to Sapp since he left.

Other than that you’re right, we can’t seem to stack depth at that spot.
If he were that good, he’d have been drafted somewhere, right? He had a very strong year for us, but wasn’t the talent our fans seem to think.

Cant tell from your response whether you think he was a good eval or not. I wasn’t suggesting they didn’t see him at camp. I recall that. I don’t think it was a good eval.
My Thoughts:

He is whta they like in an incoming dt. They (Manny or Simpson) seem to prefer a kid coming in at dt around that 270-280 range. Do to them want attacking up the field. He sort of fits their pedigree of an eval for that position /trait wise and he showed a motor. He seemed to lose weight and firm up last year...looked pretty good frame wise. To early to tell about the eval..this i sthe time i think guys have to make a move or show some progress. So will be watching n listening out for how he looks this summer and spring. He aint Tyreic Martin.

My Thoughts:

He is whta they like in an incoming dt. They (Manny or Simpson) seem to prefer a kid coming in at dt around that 270-280 range. Do to them want attacking up the field. He sort of fits their pedigree of an eval for that position /trait wise and he showed a motor. He seemed to lose weight and firm up last year...looked pretty good frame wise. To early to tell about the eval..this i sthe time i think guys have to make a move or show some progress. So will be watching n listening out for how he looks this summer and spring. He aint Tyreic Martin.
Fair enough. I hope they have a better eval view than just size and hustle. Explosion, toughness, hands, arm length, punch, raw hitting matter for interior DL.

It’s not fair to the kid to say much more than you did at this point. But agreed, this is the time. Most really good DTs, you know by year two, imo. Even if they’re behind someone their teammates mnow from practice. If Holley isn’t top 3 in our rotation this year, I wouldn’t expect much more next year. Not every kid turns ojt to be a difference maker and he sounds lime a terrific kid. But this is a recruiting board and I’m keenly interested in whether our staff knows what traits to look for in prospects at each position and overall.

Advertisement
Over the years I've become increasingly certain that anyone who finds this sexually attractive was probably breast fed too long and has very serious mommy issues.
Man you full of poopoo, you know **** well you are not kicking a curvaceous big bosom milf out of your bed because you know she has the life experience to do things to you that could change your life.

2905400_15.jpg

Go Canes

You keep changing your excuses. The staff is led by a Hc who wasn’t known as a good recruiter when he came here and spent his first 3 years as a LB corch who dodn’t evaluate or recruit LBs well. So sorry if I’m not impressed or deferential yet. Also, these ‘good recruiters’ you talk about are the new defensive guys I guess. Tjat’s the topic of this exchange, in any case. They haven’t proved **** yet at UM. Sorry if I don’t buy on hype. I’ll be optimistic looking ahead but that ain’t got **** to do with ’19.

more basically, we’re talking about evaluations, not recruiting. I’d have thought at this point you’d be able to grasp that. We have had very weak evals for ages and there isn’t evidence that’s changed yet. We’ve had good recruiters come and go over that time. Evals require a disciplined process, and a HC who knows what good looks like. There isn’t evidence yet that Manny is good at it. Hopefully he’ll show us he is, or can learn.

as for your inability to form any opinion other than ‘yay, staff,’ that’s on you. There’s plenty of information on these sites for you to form all sorts of opinions. You should try sometime to work on processing it all.

In any case, 2019 gave us one solid DT prospect. If that’s a ‘good haul’ to you, your standards are too low. But then, you are young and probably have never seen what an actual really good DT looks like at UM.

I'm done with you, write a lot to say nothing.
Your opinions are yours to have but they suck.
So Hunter is good but Holley sucks.
Both are redshirt freshman and neither have been able to prove or play much.
Unless you been able to see them both live in practice all you are doing is using a subjective opinion without any type of real or factual information to justify your criticism of our recruiting.
DT recruiting under Manny has been just fine. If all the guys recruited since 2019 fail to have any impact then you can criticize our ability to develop them.

I'm done with you, write a lot to say nothing.
Your opinions are yours to have but they suck.
So Hunter is good but Holley sucks.
Both are redshirt freshman and neither have been able to prove or play much.
Unless you been able to see them both live in practice all you are doing is using a subjective opinion without any type of real or factual information to justify your criticism of our recruiting.
DT recruiting under Manny has been just fine. If all the guys recruited since 2019 fail to have any impact then you can criticize our ability to develop them.
Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!

/your standard is idiotic, btw. Quit embarrassing yourself. If no one should comment unless they’re watching practice live, wtf are you doing here jizzing all over yourself?

:pgdead:

Advertisement
Man you full of poopoo, you know **** well you are not kicking a curvaceous big bosom milf out of your bed because you know she has the life experience to do things to you that could change your life.

2905400_15.jpg

Go Canes
You’re misreading his comment.

He wrote “Over the years I've become increasingly certain that anyone who finds this sexually attractive was probably breast fed too long and has very serious mommy issues.

He’s not telling you about milf’s. He’s telling you about the _guys_ who are attracted to them. The real question is why he’s ‘increasingly certain’ about these guy’s sexuality and upbringing? Maybe he should know more about the merits of these ladies and less about the upbringing of the guys who nail them.

Does anyone else find it odd that UM had first round DTs in the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s, and ‘00s, but in the 2010s? Wilfork was our last first round DT. How in the world can someone say we’ve been recruiting DT ‘just fine’? Is the standard around here that we win the Coastal once a decade?

Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!

/your standard is idiotic, btw. Quit embarrassing yourself. If no one should comment unless they’re watching practice live, wtf are you doing here jizzing all over yourself?

:pgdead:

You can give opinions but dont act like your opinions are facts. Especially about two redshirt freshmen that have four years left to play with us.

I've noticed that you're a huge coach apologist.

Let's take your pom-poms off and think logically for a second.

You think THIS staff deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to recruiting and evaluation?
You see allllllll these South Florida kids balling throughout college football...
Kids that Miami didn't even recruit...
And you STILL trust the staff at all costs?

And then you mock the opinions of the "online scouts" on here, but if you've been around the message board for a while you'll realize that some of OUR EVALUATIONS have turned out better than Miami's!
I, for one, didn't want Holley. He was pedestrian in high school. There was a better DT locally that we chose not to recruit. So far I've been right, as the kid who I preferred has started his career out on a much better trajectory.

So yes, sometimes the board does know better about kids. Crazy ****, ain't it?

Advertisement
Back