2022 So. Fla DL class is STACKED

I remember you bringing up Kelly and you've been consistently talking about him before he started garnering attention this year. I was referring to adding those names to OP list along with the Monarch kid you brought up.
oK GOT YA. It hasnt been this much big guys in awhile like this

Advertisement
oK GOT YA. It hasnt been this much big guys in awhile like this
Its insane, any other year I tell you we end up with a class of:

DT:
Tarber
Lyons
Durant

DE:
Kelly
Anderson
Wyche

With Jamaal Johnson as the swing player and everyone would say that's a pretty good class. We end up with that this year and board will have a meltdown.

We have to keep recruiting DT position hard and WIN! If we can add Taylor then we should good since we have recruited the DT position pretty good given our lack of success on the field. The 2021 DT Class will be key because we only signed one DT prospect in the 2020 class:

2019:
Hollet, Blissett and Hunte

2020:
Elijah Roberts
Good post.

Interior DL recruiting is a real issue. It's been light. Blissett is now retired, and I'm skeptical Holley makes a contribution. So you have Hunte in '19, Roberts in '20 as a big DE projected to move inside. Obviously LT is a top prospect in '21, and Haye seems like a good prospect. But we should be taking no less than 2 good DTs every year, and we haven't been.

Its insane, any other year I tell you we end up with a class of:

DT:
Tarber
Lyons
Durant

DE:
Kelly
Anderson
Wyche

With Jamaal Johnson as the swing player and everyone would say that's a pretty good class. We end up with that this year and board will have a meltdown.
I still recall the Coker class of (I think) 2003. Eric Moncur, Vegas Franklin, Bryan Pata. There were a lot of apparently good FL DE prospects that year. Don't recall who ended up really good. I think UF took a tall guy who ended up good. But the talk on Cane sites was it didn't matter, we'd get our guys, there were enough good guys to go around, it was supposedly this legendarily deep class.

It's never as deep as it seems. The question is always who evaluates well.

I don't know about J-Cup level, but at the DDD"s level, I definitely think UM Cleans up nicely in the 2022 class.
087_1000.gif

Go Canes

Over the years I've become increasingly certain that anyone who finds this sexually attractive was probably breast fed too long and has very serious mommy issues.

Advertisement
Good post.

Interior DL recruiting is a real issue. It's been light. Blissett is now retired, and I'm skeptical Holley makes a contribution. So you have Hunte in '19, Roberts in '20 as a big DE projected to move inside. Obviously LT is a top prospect in '21, and Haye seems like a good prospect. But we should be taking no less than 2 good DTs every year, and we haven't been.
Hlley dancing *** played about the same as Blissett.

Good post.

We took three in 19 and two in 21.

with Johnson on board, Im thinkin staff goes DL heavy 2022 class

*DE Francois Nolton
*DE Kenyatta Jackson
*DE Dante Anderson
*DT Daniel Lyons
*DE Shemar Stewart
*DE Richard Thomas
*DE Marvin Jones Jr.

we should be in good shape to land 4 of these guys
Well probably only end up with Lyons and Anderson LOL. I know Lyons also likes UF a lot.

Advertisement
We took 3 DTs. We did not take good DTs. And don’t stsrt with the ‘you never know’ stuff. ‘19 was a last minute scramble DT class. Holley was just a flyer project.

And 1 in ‘20 (who isn’t even a clear interior kid) followed by 2 in ‘21 is just too thin.
I think q Williams is now playing DT from the 2020 class too

We took 3 DTs. We did not take good DTs. And don’t stsrt with the ‘you never know’ stuff. ‘19 was a last minute scramble DT class. Holley was just a flyer project.

And 1 in ‘20 (who isn’t even a clear interior kid) followed by 2 in ‘21 is just too thin.

Blissett and Hunter were a good haul, nobody knew Blissett would retire because of concussions.
And I trust Simpsons evaluation of Holley over yours. He was offered after paradise camp where he was personally evaluated by the staff.

Advertisement

Naw he wasnt. I was at the camp he performed( might of been Paradise) at in front of the dl coach. It must be the Buford link but they were on him..same camp Blissett was at as well and got offered. Also not said much...but HOLLEY is also a NYCer like Hunte,Blissett. He moved to Atl during high school. In one class we took 3 NYC dts. Whats the chances of that.

Holley must of been trying to get the offer that day...kid was going 100% every drill...every rep. Think i seen Big Baby Seymore throw him somewhere in a rep...dude did a gymnastic roll got up and sprinted full speed back.
rolling-o.gif

I knew he was a character then....and wasnt surprised by the Soul Train line routine on the sidelines.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do we land the elites is the question...the right ones the ones who will be elite during and after college. That's the tricky part....evals evals evals

Facts. McIntosh and Willis are the only two interior guys in years who were special. Each only had one good year with us, and while special they weren't irrefutably elite. I thought Silvera would at least get to their level, hopefully he takes the step.

We need 3-4 of those on roster every year, 1-2 experienced guys starting and 1-2 young pups pushing for playing time. LT is a good beginning. Need to rinse and repeat every year.

Facts. McIntosh and Willis are the only two interior guys in years who were special. Each only had one good year with us, and while special they weren't irrefutably elite. I thought Silvera would at least get to their level, hopefully he takes the step.

We need 3-4 of those on roster every year, 1-2 experienced guys starting and 1-2 young pups pushing for playing time. LT is a good beginning. Need to rinse and repeat every year.
Willis was the best DT in the country his past year with us. Closest thing we’ve had to Sapp since he left.

Other than that you’re right, we can’t seem to stack depth at that spot.

Silvera got T rex arms so I expected he would be limited. But he plays hard

Advertisement
Back