2022 QB Quinn Ewers receives offer

I think he busts because he’s being selfish imo. The reason for this is a family decision based on money. Not the team just him trying to get his over everyone else

this is not goi to end well IMO. The fact the parents are pushing this doesn’t help either. We’ll see but I see him out amd back in Texas sooner than later
So he’s selfish because instead of playing HS football he and his family likes the idea of him getting on campus early and possibly making money off his NIL..do you see his social media following? Kid could easily market himself. Kid obviously works at his craft and from what ive heard about him his character isn’t at all a question

Advertisement
So he’s selfish because instead of playing HS football he and his family likes the idea of him getting on campus early and possibly making money off his NIL..do you see his social media following? Kid could easily market himself. Kid obviously works at his craft and from what ive heard about him his character isn’t at all a question
You have your opinion and i have mine.

My Opinion is YES he's selfish. Should i spell it out any other way for you?

Yeah, super selfish taking a potential 7 figure payday. Nobody knows the family finances, just speculate and say he’s being selfish.
I mean, the dictionary definition of 'selfish' says, "concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure." so objectively speaking, he is being selfish. Whether you think he is doing the right thing or not is a matter of opinion, but leaving your HS team just before the season starts to do that is selfish.

Also, Southlake Carroll is in one of the wealthiest school districts in TX. That's where a ton of former Dallas Cowboys and other very rich people live. His parents aren't hurting at all for money, I can say that without knowing them lol. If Ewers wants to make that money and leave school early, that's his prerogative. But it's definitely not bc his parents need the money.

Advertisement
I mean, the dictionary definition of 'selfish' says, "concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure." so objectively speaking, he is being selfish. Whether you think he is doing the right thing or not is a matter of opinion, but leaving your HS team just before the season starts to do that is selfish.

Also, Southlake Carroll is in one of the wealthiest school districts in TX. That's where a ton of former Dallas Cowboys and other very rich people live. His parents aren't hurting at all for money, I can say that without knowing them lol. If Ewers wants to make that money and leave school early, that's his prerogative. But it's definitely not bc his parents need the money.
His dad works in oil+gas. His mom is a schoolteacher and said they don't need the money.

As for me it'd take a lot for me to give up a year of HS ball. Those are memories you can't get back. How much money is he really missing out on by waiting 3-4 months?

His dad works in oil+gas. His mom is a schoolteacher and said they don't need the money.

As for me it'd take a lot for me to give up a year of HS ball. Those are memories you can't get back. How much money is he really missing out on by waiting 3-4 months?
I agree. That NIL money isn't going anywhere. And on the field, SL Carroll is a legit state title contender with him. I figured that he'd want to go back and finish last season's business when they upset Duncanville and lost to Westlake in the state championship.

eh. I think for a lot of these kids, their HS lives are quite different than what it used to be. These kids are essentially full time football players jmo

OSU is building an insane offensive line and skill position group for this kid. He’s not going to TX. He’s elite and will be starting in ‘22 on maybe the most loaded team in the country. How wanting (and not being afraid) to go to college early somehow suggests he will bust is beyond me.

Advertisement
Read the post I originally posted. I think it’s clear.

I disagree. Your original post was internally inconsistent. So we are clear, here's what you wrote:

I think he busts because he’s being selfish imo. The reason for this is a family decision based on money. Not the team just him trying to get his over everyone else

this is not goi to end well IMO. The fact the parents are pushing this doesn’t help either. We’ll see but I see him out amd back in Texas sooner than later

I see several opinions, and one sentence of support: "The reason for this is a family decision based on money." But, that one sentence -- that it is a "family decision" --seems to contradict your opinion that he is being "selfish". If it's a family decision, how can it be selfish?

Advertisement

I’ll be real I think people overstate the value of that last year of high school when you’ve played varsity ball every down since you were a freshman.

OSU is building an insane offensive line and skill position group for this kid. He’s not going to TX. He’s elite and will be starting in ‘22 on maybe the most loaded team in the country. How wanting (and not being afraid) to go to college early somehow suggests he will bust is beyond me.
Man I hate what OSU is about to look like already and he hasn’t even taken a snap.

Advertisement
Personal Attacks (the triggered kind)
I disagree. Your original post was internally inconsistent. So we are clear, here's what you wrote:

I see several opinions, and one sentence of support: "The reason for this is a family decision based on money." But, that one sentence -- that it is a "family decision" --seems to contradict your opinion that he is being "selfish". If it's a family decision, how can it be selfish?
Go back and read the original reason why this tread was bumped and then figure it out. Wasn't inconsistent, you're just a moron if you can't connect the dots. Don’t try to be the smartest person in the room. U come off like a tool. Now go back, read the whole article as to why he is thinking of skipping his senior season and who is influencing that decision the most. Are you related to Quinn? If not then stop trying so hard

You can do it. It’s simple

Be it family, his, or whatever....the reason for the "selfish" decision is.....Money.

Last edited:
Go back and read the original reason why this tread was bumped and then figure it out. Wasn't inconsistent, you're just a moron if you can't connect the dots. Don’t try to be the smartest person in the room. U come off like a tool. Now go back, read the whole article as to why he is thinking of skipping his senior season and who is influencing that decision the most. Are you related to Quinn? If not then stop trying so hard

You can do it. It’s simple

Be it family, his, or whatever....the reason for the "selfish" decision is.....Money.
You're clearly triggered, and it's about to end poorly for you.

FWIW, they expect this to happen. And possibly in the next few days. He won't be on campus until later in August but the expectation right now is it will become official sooner rather than later...

Advertisement
Back