2022 QB Quinn Ewers receives offer

You have your opinion and i have mine.

My Opinion is YES he's selfish. Should i spell it out any other way for you?
Actually I don’t have a opinion..I’m not calling a 16/17 year old selfish lol. He and his family have the right to make whatever decisions they feel is best for for them. He doesn’t own Jonny or Maxx anything on his HS team..What exactly makes him selfish tho is my question?

Advertisement
From OSU MOD Dave Bittle:

Like Bill said, Quinn joining the team sometime this month is more likely to happen than it's not, but it's not a done deal yet. Source tells me the staff is not exactly pleased about this development, but they're also not going to be foolish and tell Quinn he can't do it (and risk losing him to another program that will).

We will meet with Ryan Day on Wednesday, but he won't be able to talk about it since Quinn is still technically a recruit and has not signed.

Personally? I hope Quinn decides to enjoy his senior season in high school and enrolls at OSU in January as originally planned. But it does not look like that's going to happen. Again, this is not a done deal by any means, we're just telling you the most likely scenario right now is that Quinn will be on the team this season.

And to be clear, there is zero chance he will join the team when camp begins (which is Wednesday). We're saying there is a chance he will join the team sometime later this month. I agree the chances of him playing meaningful snaps this season are very slim.
So is anyone gunna call OSU “selfish” for not wanting this or is this just a one way street lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would be surpised if OSU manages to keep all of the QBs on the roster. Gotta imagine there is some upset players in that room lol

yeah especially how the fields thing went down - they pretty much guaranteed him a spot and now I’m sure they are doing something similar with ewers. I don’t really care that he skips his senior year but you’ll be hard pressed to find someone who has had success doing that. JT Daniels tried that. I would be surprised if he starts his first year.

Would be surpised if OSU manages to keep all of the QBs on the roster. Gotta imagine there is some upset players in that room lol

Hey maybe one of their QBs who wants to find greener pastures is the next Joe Burrows (...or we get another Tate Martell)

So is anyone gunna call OSU “selfish” for not wanting this or is this just a one way street lol
You can maybe call the intent selfish, but as long as they accept him on campus this month, the actions speak something else.

Advertisement
Now Travis Hunter is the #1 lol Those lucky **** heads better be grateful that he is such a fan of that trash university. Come on Saban, pull him away! lol

Tale as old as time. You know how this goes...

Coaches asking players to play through "minor" injuries? Team-oriented, not selfish.
Player sitting games to avoid injuries in meaningless bowl games? Selfish (and/or scared).
Coaches "dropping" recruit for perceived better options? Business decision, not selfish.
Local recruit decommitting for another school that may be paying? Business decision, selfish.
Coaches not recruiting a "borderline" local take because they are going after bigger fish? Stacking chips, not selfish.
Local kid says he's only considering teams in the CFB playoff because he wants to win NCs? Why not make the crib great... selfish (and/or scared).
Coaches bench a player coming off of injury because his replacement has been on fire? That's just competition and good for the team, not selfish.
Kid leaves early to put food on the table for himself and his family? "Get mine attitude," totally selfish.

Having been raised to truly value education, I can't say I agree with what this young man and his family have decided. But neither will I pretend P5 college football coaches aren't cutthroat and selfish as ****, or that it's only the kids wanting a slice of the pie that are acting in their own best interest.

Advertisement
Tale as old as time. You know how this goes...

Coaches asking players to play through "minor" injuries? Team-oriented, not selfish.
Player sitting games to avoid injuries in meaningless bowl games? Selfish (and/or scared).
Coaches "dropping" recruit for perceived better options? Business decision, not selfish.
Local recruit decommitting for another school that may be paying? Business decision, selfish.
Coaches not recruiting a "borderline" local take because they are going after bigger fish? Stacking chips, not selfish.
Local kid says he's only considering teams in the CFB playoff because he wants to win NCs? Why not make the crib great... selfish (and/or scared).
Coaches bench a player coming off of injury because his replacement has been on fire? That's just competition and good for the team, not selfish.
Kid leaves early to put food on the table for himself and his family? "Get mine attitude," totally selfish.

Having been raised to truly value education, I can't say I agree with what this young man and his family have decided. But neither will I pretend P5 college football coaches aren't cutthroat and selfish as ****, or that it's only the kids wanting a slice of the pie that are acting in their own best interest.
I agree with all of this. But it’s also not like this kid is leaving HS and saying **** a diploma. The only way he can even give this a thought is because his grades have to be good if not great. Kid is a generational talent in HS. He doesn’t Owe HS FB a **** thing

If only mulletsgalore.com was still up and running

website_mullet.jpg

I don't think he is the best QB in that room and he will have a hard time beating out 3 others. Would this kid sit for 2 years and wait for Stroud or another to go to the next level? This kid playing before that is not guaranteed and he may be the one to leave. For a perfect 1.0 rated QB, he did not come close to showing that at the Elite 11. I would think a 1.0 rated QB would run a 4.5 and never miss when throwing on air. Trevor Lawrence did show real well at the Elite 11 despite loosing out to Justin Fields as the MVP. This kid was not near the top, which tells me he really performed well below expectations given the media wants to GOAT status this kid now. Kid is good, don't get me wrong, but there exists some media bias. They are dying to promote the next big player to line their own pockets. I think Stroud starts the season. If he plays well no way they change up this year.

Advertisement
Back