2022 QB Quinn Ewers receives offer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why not? Just curious. Do they not have th IC for him as an early entrant?
Nah, just messes with the timeline of other guys. Ewers enrolling early this year makes next year a battle for the job, and they really like Stroud. If he balls out this year, then you have a headache next year if you bench him in favor of Ewers. Ewers is more likely to be fine with sitting for 1 year than 2 with the type of talent that he is. Kid should honestly just go to Texas.

From OSU MOD Dave Bittle:

Like Bill said, Quinn joining the team sometime this month is more likely to happen than it's not, but it's not a done deal yet. Source tells me the staff is not exactly pleased about this development, but they're also not going to be foolish and tell Quinn he can't do it (and risk losing him to another program that will).

We will meet with Ryan Day on Wednesday, but he won't be able to talk about it since Quinn is still technically a recruit and has not signed.

Personally? I hope Quinn decides to enjoy his senior season in high school and enrolls at OSU in January as originally planned. But it does not look like that's going to happen. Again, this is not a done deal by any means, we're just telling you the most likely scenario right now is that Quinn will be on the team this season.

And to be clear, there is zero chance he will join the team when camp begins (which is Wednesday). We're saying there is a chance he will join the team sometime later this month. I agree the chances of him playing meaningful snaps this season are very slim.

From OSU MOD Dave Bittle:

Like Bill said, Quinn joining the team sometime this month is more likely to happen than it's not, but it's not a done deal yet. Source tells me the staff is not exactly pleased about this development, but they're also not going to be foolish and tell Quinn he can't do it (and risk losing him to another program that will).

We will meet with Ryan Day on Wednesday, but he won't be able to talk about it since Quinn is still technically a recruit and has not signed.

Personally? I hope Quinn decides to enjoy his senior season in high school and enrolls at OSU in January as originally planned. But it does not look like that's going to happen. Again, this is not a done deal by any means, we're just telling you the most likely scenario right now is that Quinn will be on the team this season.

And to be clear, there is zero chance he will join the team when camp begins (which is Wednesday). We're saying there is a chance he will join the team sometime later this month. I agree the chances of him playing meaningful snaps this season are very slim.

@TheSwagger1 - what’s your take? Trouble in suckeye land?

Advertisement
Advertisement
They have a fairly loaded room there. Two hit the portal and they’d be quality portal quarterbacks. Stroud will be the starter I think they got jack miller and Kyle McCord. Two quality arms. I love the portal because it does a good job sometimes at distributing quarterback talent across many teams

They have a fairly loaded room there. Two hit the portal and they’d be quality portal quarterbacks. Stroud will be the starter I think they got jack miller and Kyle McCord. Two quality arms. I love the portal because it does a good job sometimes at distributing quarterback talent across many teams
i hope we don’t take either

Advertisement
I think he busts because he’s being selfish imo. The reason for this is a family decision based on money. Not the team just him trying to get his over everyone else

this is not goi to end well IMO. The fact the parents are pushing this doesn’t help either. We’ll see but I see him out amd back in Texas sooner than later

I think he busts because he’s being selfish imo. The reason for this is a family decision based on money. Not the team just him trying to get his over everyone else

this is not goi to end well IMO. The fact the parents are pushing this doesn’t help either. We’ll see but I see him out amd back in Texas sooner than later
Yeah, super selfish taking a potential 7 figure payday. Nobody knows the family finances, just speculate and say he’s being selfish.

Advertisement
Back