2022 QB Quinn Ewers receives offer

Wut. He's 13-17-1 as a starter. #16 in PFF passing grade last year below the now-retired Philip Rivers. If anything Kyler's intangibles are a cautionary tale as a #1 overall pick with rare talent but lousy mechanics and a rumored lack of commitment to film study and improvement in meetings/practice. Which is reflected on the field where he struggles to go through progressions and trigger intermediate throws. And then people wonder why the Cardinals have such a vanilla static short passing game.
in your opinion what would the Cards record be with Rosen still as QB for them? Not saying that Kyler is any good...personally I'm not a fan. But is the record the same, better or worse than what Kyler has given them?

Advertisement
Wut. He's 13-17-1 as a starter. #16 in PFF passing grade last year below the now-retired Philip Rivers. If anything Kyler's intangibles are a cautionary tale as a #1 overall pick with rare talent but lousy mechanics and a rumored lack of commitment to film study and improvement in meetings/practice. Which is reflected on the field where he struggles to go through progressions and trigger intermediate throws. And then people wonder why the Cardinals have such a vanilla static short passing game.
well, you might want to mention the part where he ran for 819 yards -- the 7th most all time in NFL history for a QB -- on 6.2 YPC (second best in the league) and 11 touchdowns, tied for 4th in the league. if he's a top 15 passer while also being one of the most dynamic rushing threats at the position in NFL history... then yeah that's a superstar player, it's pretty easy to see. cam newton and lamar jackson both won MVPs with the combo of above average but not great passing and elite running. welcome to the year 2015.

i have no idea how being 13-17 as a starter two years after being the number 1 overall pick is supposed to be some negative. they've gone from 3 wins the year before he got there to 6 wins in his rookie year and 8 wins last year, while being coached by a guy who couldn't even break .500 in the big 12 and w/ a GM who is one of the worst in the league. PFF has the cardinals ranked as the no. 22 roster in the NFL in terms of talent. here is what they list as the team's strength

Biggest strength: Kyler Murray has given the Cardinals one of the most efficient rushing attacks in the NFL despite not possessing an elite offensive line or running back. Since 2019, Arizona ranks third in expected points added per run play behind only Baltimore and Tennessee. Murray's speed and the attention that defenses have to pay him on read options is a big part of that success. And that doesn't even factor in the danger Murray poses as a scrambler. His 427 rushing yards on scrambles last season were fewer than only Russell Wilson's.

but yeah, PFF had him ranked 16 in passing grade so he's not very good.

Murray won a Heisman and the ESPN executive/scout poll had him as the #10 QB in the league. That sounds about right to me. I think his height limits him in terms of sitting in the pocket and carving up teams over the middle.

If Murray (or Ewers) lacks work ethic off the field, that's a whole different issue. Hard to get behind anybody with questionable habits at that position. I'm just saying that prickly QBs can be successful (see Roethlisberger and Rodgers).

Yes, ******* QBs in NFL history have turned into stars (marino, AR12, et al).

those are the exceptions to the rule. IIRC, wasn't Murray's knock before the draft his work ethic? Maybe I'm wrong but I do recall how he rubbed some scouts the wrong way with his off-field approach.

in your opinion what would the Cards record be with Rosen still as QB for them? Not saying that Kyler is any good...personally I'm not a fan. But is the record the same, better or worse than what Kyler has given them?
Considering how awful Rosen has been especially since leaving Arizona...they would probably have 8 wins at most over 2 years. But there's obviously a huge gap between fringe practice squad QB and superstar.
well, you might want to mention the part where he ran for 819 yards -- the 7th most all time in NFL history for a QB -- on 6.2 YPC (second best in the league) and 11 touchdowns, tied for 4th in the league. if he's a top 15 passer while also being one of the most dynamic rushing threats at the position in NFL history... then yeah that's a superstar player, it's pretty easy to see. cam newton and lamar jackson both won MVPs with the combo of above average but not great passing and elite running. welcome to the year 2015.

i have no idea how being 13-17 as a starter two years after being the number 1 overall pick is supposed to be some negative. they've gone from 3 wins the year before he got there to 6 wins in his rookie year and 8 wins last year, while being coached by a guy who couldn't even break .500 in the big 12 and w/ a GM who is one of the worst in the league. PFF has the cardinals ranked as the no. 22 roster in the NFL in terms of talent. here is what they list as the team's strength

Biggest strength: Kyler Murray has given the Cardinals one of the most efficient rushing attacks in the NFL despite not possessing an elite offensive line or running back. Since 2019, Arizona ranks third in expected points added per run play behind only Baltimore and Tennessee. Murray's speed and the attention that defenses have to pay him on read options is a big part of that success. And that doesn't even factor in the danger Murray poses as a scrambler. His 427 rushing yards on scrambles last season were fewer than only Russell Wilson's.

but yeah, PFF had him ranked 16 in passing grade so he's not very good.
Cam and Lamar have never had players like Hopkins to throw to. Cam made Kelvin Benjamin relevant for a brief period. That's why Lamar should be a favorite for MVP this year btw. He actually has NFL caliber WRs now.

For the first half of the year Kyler was approaching superstardom. Then defenses adjusted to his run threat instead of loading up on Drake - as a Drake fantasy owner this was so frustrating - and Kyler wore down and his numbers dipped severely. Now Kyler is saying he will run less to protect himself and their offense has added WRs and will start Edmonds who's more of a pass-game back. So Kyler better grow as a passer and win more from the pocket or that whole org is gonna clean house and he's in trouble.

kyler chart.png

well, imo the cardinals getting a new GM and head coach would be the opposite of trouble for kyler

Advertisement
I want to see if this kid will be killed like the Texas RB Jaidon blue I think his name is was killed for skipping his senior season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
yeah but I was doing it more from a career trajectory (ratings, etc) and physical traits (arm strength, etc) POV.
Never followed Easons career after he got beat out by captain bland at UGA, so i don't know much about him.

Stafford had and still has a cannon...one of the strongest arms.

you never know he could be like a Jeff George...million dollar arm, ten cent head.

Kid has had a circus around him for years, so he’s used to it. But, it does seem to be accelerating. Lot more gifted arm than Martell, and his parents are already loaded financially. I hope this decision doesn’t haunt him.

Advertisement
Back