2022 QB Quinn Ewers receives offer

Is Brian Knobbs his father??

knobbs.jpg

Advertisement
I have no problem with the kid going after the guaranteed money, but I can see OSU’s hesitation. Kids going to show up and miss a years worth of game time experience with several 100k in his bank account. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I have no problem with the kid going after the guaranteed money, but I can see OSU’s hesitation. Kids going to show up and miss a years worth of game time experience with several 100k in his bank account. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

yeah especially how the fields thing went down - they pretty much guaranteed him a spot and now I’m sure they are doing something similar with ewers. I don’t really care that he skips his senior year but you’ll be hard pressed to find someone who has had success doing that. JT Daniels tried that. I would be surprised if he starts his first year.
It’s soon going to become commonplace for top recruits given the NIL $$.

Advertisement
Just the mindset of these kids today, I don't get it. I really don't. They all seem to be in a rush to leave the fun times they'll one day wish they had maybe stayed for.

I know I have said it before, but they aren't about their friends or teammates anymore. I played college ball, didn't play professionally, just some semi pro stuff.

Maybe I would have a different mindset with money staring me in the face, but I truly doubt it. I treasure all those good times, friends, teammates, etc. The idea of skipping one of those years is foreign to me, leaving a year out.

Where's the love of the game? Just seems like they're chasing money anymore.

Just the mindset of these kids today, I don't get it. I really don't. They all seem to be in a rush to leave the fun times they'll one day wish they had maybe stayed for.

I know I have said it before, but they aren't about their friends or teammates anymore. I played college ball, didn't play professionally, just some semi pro stuff.

Maybe I would have a different mindset with money staring me in the face, but I truly doubt it. I treasure all those good times, friends, teammates, etc. The idea of skipping one of those years is foreign to me, leaving a year out.

Where's the love of the game? Just seems like they're chasing money anymore.
It does seem like they grow up much faster these days.

If Ewers takes the job mid-season (if any other QBs struggle) I would expect OSU’s QB’s to transfer. Are there any QBs we would like to have if that’s the case. Kind of curious since I know we have Jaccuri locked in.

If Ewers takes the job mid-season (if any other QBs struggle) I would expect OSU’s QB’s to transfer. Are there any QBs we would like to have if that’s the case. Kind of curious since I know we have Jaccuri locked in.
If he is starting this year than something went seriously wrong at OSU. He isn't even expected to be available for summer camp the last I saw so if he comes in at the end of August and is somehow playing then everyone else probably got hurt. OSU is going to let him do it so they do not lose him but I get the sense they would rather he not so he gets to actually play and continue to develop because it is not happening at OSU this year.

Advertisement

I’ve also checked on the OH St boards & some of their fans seem to think there’s some smoke here in terms of Quinn legitimately considering transferring.

From what I gather he was promised he would start as a TF, but now with CJ Stroud being a RS Frosh starter at OH ST, Quinn & his father are starting to seriously reconsider if Columbus is really the best place for him.

I’ve also checked on the OH St boards & some of their fans seem to think there’s some smoke here in terms of Quinn legitimately considering transferring.

From what I gather he was promised he would start as a TF, but now with CJ Stroud being a RS Frosh starter at OH ST, Quinn & his father are starting to seriously reconsider if Columbus is really the best place for him.

Kids are idiots, any normal fan could have told him he was t going to start after declaring to College early. Maybe next year if he would have played Hs ball this year. It amazes me how dumb these kids are. Quinn has a stupid haircut so this really isnt surprising.

Should have went to one of the Texas schools in the first place

Kids are idiots, any normal fan could have told him he was t going to start after declaring to College early. Maybe next year if he would have played Hs ball this year. It amazes me how dumb these kids are. Quinn has a stupid haircut so this really isnt surprising.

Should have went to one of the Texas schools in the first place
He’s a kid that’s a phenomenal talent & has everybody in the world offering more money than he can count, not that that matters much considering he already comes from money, but he’s someone that multiple college programs are willing to bend over backwards for so of course he’s going to be easily swayed by the sweet whispers & lies that get told to him on a daily basis...

I don’t blame the 17 year olds, I blame their parents & the adults around them such as their coaches for not giving them clear & honest advice. When he first committed to Herman & Texas is was already a forgone conclusion that he would more than likely be a TF starter at UT if he stayed home, he’d have to compete with Casey Thompson obviously, but in most cases Herman would’ve had no choice but to go with the TF phenom if he were still the HC there. But then Herman gets fired & of course now that Sark is in the fold he’s not really tied to any of the previous regimes QB’s so he’s definitely gonna tell this kid & his family whatever they wanna hear to get him to stay home, or in this case come back home.

He made a mistake forgoing his Senior year & enrolling early at Oh St thinking he would be the shoo-in starter for them next year & now that CJ Stroud is comfortably the starter for the Buckeyes Ryan Day (who is one of the best QB gurus in the business) would be insane to have Stroud playing as well as he is now & just bench him for a hot sh*t TF next year when Stroud has them legitimately in playoff contention this year in the same mold that JT Barrett, Haskins & Justin Fields did in previous years.

TAMU has former high 4-star Haynes King on roster, but other than that they really don’t have a superstar QB of the future, they do have 5-star Conner Weigman committed for the 2022 class & he & Ewers would essentially be in competition for the starter job next year he transferred there.

Texas doesn’t have anybody & purposely haven’t recruited any QB’s for the 22 class with the hope they can possibly get Ewers back in the fold, but currently on their roster they have nothing but upperclassmen QB’s.

Oh St has CJ Stroud who’s a Red Frosh, plus signed Kyle McCord in the 21 class who’s also a 5-star QB just like Ewers, they even still have 4-star QB Jack Miller out of AZ from the 2020 class. They literally have 4 4/5-star QB’s on their rosters that are all Red & True Freshmen, if playing time is what you were looking for Ohio State is literally the last place to go if you’re a QB lol.

But high rated kids never think long term, a kid of his talent could go to Texas Tech & still get drafted in the 1st round if he’s good enough. If you’re a highly talented QB & you wanna play right away, the smartest thing you can do is check depth charts & find a program that runs an offense that’s conducive to high productivity then sign with them. The problem is, these kids are scared to think for themselves & go outside the box, in their mind, there’s only 7 or 8 schools that matter & no place else. Hence why most of the best QB’s in the NFL over the last 4+ years have been guys from small schools.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Didnt he enroll like a full year early? wow
Yes, he forgoes his Senior season & is currently enrolled at OH St.

But there’s rumors on TAMU, UT & Oh St boards that he & his family have allegedly been in contact with other coaches because he’s upset about the fact he might have to wait a few years before he plays at Oh St.

Could just be rumors, but some people who are connected to him at Southlake are saying he’s looking around.

Ryan Day will have his hands full trying to smooth things over & keep this kid in the fold.

He’s a kid that’s a phenomenal talent & has everybody in the world offering more money than he can count, not that that matters much considering he already comes from money, but he’s someone that multiple college programs are willing to bend over backwards for so of course he’s going to be easily swayed by the sweet whispers & lies that get told to him on a daily basis...

I don’t blame the 17 year olds, I blame their parents & the adults around them such as their coaches for not giving them clear & honest advice. When he first committed to Herman & Texas is was already a forgone conclusion that he would more than likely be a TF starter at UT if he stayed home, he’d have to compete with Casey Thompson obviously, but in most cases Herman would’ve had no choice but to go with the TF phenom if he were still the HC there. But then Herman gets fired & of course now that Sark is in the fold he’s not really tied to any of the previous regimes QB’s so he’s definitely gonna tell this kid & his family whatever they wanna here to get him to stay home, or in this case come back home.

He made a mistake forgoing his Senior year & enrolling early at Oh St thinking he would be the shoo-in starter for them next year & now that CJ Stroud is comfortably the starter for the Buckeyes Ryan Day (who is one of the best QB gurus in the business) would be insane to have Stroud playing as well as he is now & just bench him for a hot sh*t TF next year when Stroud has them legitimately in playoff contention this year in the same mold that JT Barrett, Haskins & Justin Fields did in previous years.

TAMU has former high 4-star Haynes King on roster, but other than that they really don’t have a superstar QB of the future, they do have 5-star Connor Weismann committed for the 2022 class & he & Ewers would essentially be in competition for the starter job next year he transferred there.

Texas doesn’t have anybody & purposely haven’t recruited any QB’s for the 22 class with the hope they can possibly get Ewers back in the fold, but currently on their roster they have nothing but upperclassmen QB’s.

Oh St has CJ Stroud who’s a Red Frosh, plus signed Kyle McCord in the 21 class who’s also a 5-star QB just like Ewers, they even still have 4-star QB Jack Miller out of AZ from the 2020 class. They literally have 4 4/5-star QB’s on their rosters go are all Red & True Freshmen, if playing time is what you were looking for Ohio State is literally the last place to go if you’re a QB lol.

But high rated kids never think long term, a kid of his talent could go to Texas Tech & still get drafted in the 1st round if he’s good enough. If you’re a highly talented QB & you wanna play right away, the smartest thing you can do is check depth charts & find a program that runs an offense that’s conducive to high productivity then sign with them. The problem is, these kids are scared to think for themselves & go outside the box, in their mind, there’s only 7 or 8 schools that matter & no place else. Hence why most of the best QB’s in the NFL over the last 4+ years have been guys from small schools.
He goes to A&M Conner is OUT.

Advertisement

It's ridiculous to even think you could step on campus 2 weeks before the season starts and expect to start. The two QB's ahead of him are former 5-stars too at that. Entitlement and unrealistic expectations are to blame for this.

It's ridiculous to even think you could step on campus 2 weeks before the season starts and expect to start. The two QB's ahead of him are former 5-stars too at that. Entitlement and unrealistic expectations are to blame for this.
He didn’t expect to start this season, but he did expect to start next year for 2022, because more than likely that’s what he was promised...

But I absolutely agree, the entitlement to expect to given anything especially at a place like OH St was foolish for him & his pops to believe. If they would’ve done their due diligence they would’ve seen that signing with OH St was a bad idea given their crowded QB room.

His best bet at playing early was to stick with Texas, or go to a smaller program & put up big numbers.

He goes to A&M Conner is OUT.
I agree.

Jumbo would be an idiot to do that IMO, I think the best fit for him his UT, or even somewhere like TTech or Nevada.

Obviously not major National championship programs, but places where he would start day 1 & still have a great NFL draft profile because he would be playing in systems that would generate great productivity & he’d still win games if he’s as good as expected.

Out of the top 10 QB’s in the league, most of them didn’t play a big time schools nor win a National championship.

Advertisement
Back