2022 QB Quinn Ewers receives offer

I agree.

Jumbo would be an idiot to do that IMO, I think the best fit for him his UT, or even somewhere like TTech or Nevada.

Obviously not major National championship programs, but places where he would start day 1 & still have a great NFL draft profile because he would be playing in systems that would generate great productivity & he’d still win games if he’s as good as expected.

Out of the top 10 QB’s in the league, most of them didn’t play a big time schools nor win a National championship.
You’re preaching to the choir. I’m of the personal belief that if you’re that highly ranked, just go on tour and pick a school you can ball at and that you like. That does not have to even mean a top 10 team. The camera’s will follow a 5 star **** if he chose to play for Satan. They’ll go anywhere and you’ll still get your looks so for the life of me why the commit on top of each other I’ll never understand

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh St has CJ Stroud who’s a Red Frosh, plus signed Kyle McCord in the 21 class who’s also a 5-star QB just like Ewers, they even still have 4-star QB Jack Miller out of AZ from the 2020 class. They literally have 4 4/5-star QB’s on their rosters that are all Red & True Freshmen, if playing time is what you were looking for Ohio State is literally the last place to go if you’re a QB lol.

Those kids all have massive egos thinking they can come in and be the starter. They shouldn't be afraid of competition regardless of how many 5 stars are on the depth chart. With the way things are if they don't get the job after a year or two they leave anyway to a lower P5/G5 school and start for the rest of their time.

He kind of screwed himself by graduating early, even for the 7 figure NIL deal. Stroud is probably gone in 1 or 2 years regardless so all he did was waste this year as far as eligibility goes.

I agree.

Jumbo would be an idiot to do that IMO, I think the best fit for him his UT, or even somewhere like TTech or Nevada.

Obviously not major National championship programs, but places where he would start day 1 & still have a great NFL draft profile because he would be playing in systems that would generate great productivity & he’d still win games if he’s as good as expected.

Out of the top 10 QB’s in the league, most of them didn’t play a big time schools nor win a National championship.
Clemson is another good landing spot for him.

I thought it was such a horrible decision to forego his senior season. Does it ever work for a QB?

JT Daniels did that nonsense at USC too.

Whats the rush man, just enjoy your last year of HS. Also, I think getting a million bucks at 17 is gonna mess this kid up.

He is my case study, and based off these rumors, I think I'm right.

I thought it was such a horrible decision to forego his senior season. Does it ever work for a QB?

Whats the rush man, just enjoy your last year of HS. Also, I think getting a million bucks at 17 is gonna mess this kid up.

He comes from money already so I doubt it. Switched Mercedes’ every year of hs lol. The only thing that’ll set him back is his parents handling of him. They have no idea how football works but they’re control freaks

Advertisement

Between him and the deal Dr Pepper gave DJ at Clemson, I am curious how these companies view these endorsements going forward. So far, there are some terrible returns on investment. Even if they go preseason Heisman contender, how many of them fizzle out in the first month of the season. It will be interesting to see how they approach this going forward, at least the bigger deals or national companies.

He comes from money already so I doubt it. Switched Mercedes’ every year of hs lol. The only thing that’ll set him back is his parents handling of him. They have no idea how football works but they’re control freaks
not even from a going wild with new money perspective though lol.

I was listening to an NIL panel with some agents speaking, and the agent was saying he doesn't recommend the players to take huge deals or many because it undoubtedly takes time and focus away from hitting the gym and studying game film and playbook during formative years.

For example, TVD is a work junkie. If he had millions of dollars of deals and outside commitments, would he be able to be a junkie like that and be successful? We don't know yet, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out with young guys.

Between him and the deal Dr Pepper gave DJ at Clemson, I am curious how these companies view these endorsements going forward. So far, there are some terrible returns on investment. Even if they go preseason Heisman contender, how many of them fizzle out in the first month of the season. It will be interesting to see how they approach this going forward, at least the bigger deals or national companies.
Yup for sure. And Spencer Rattler is another example.

Personally I think these endorsement deals are going to go to established players rather than prospects because the guys who invested in DJ and rattler are probably heated. Unless it’s a die hard fans company doing it

Advertisement

I was listening to an NIL panel with some agents speaking, and the agent was saying he doesn't recommend the players to take huge deals or many because it undoubtedly takes time and focus away from hitting the gym and studying game film and playbook during formative years.

For example, TVD is a work junkie. If he had millions of dollars of deals and outside commitments, would he be able to be a junkie like that and be successful? We don't know yet, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out with young guys.

Depends on the kid.

I think King could handle a 7 figure deal because He's more mature.

But some of these kids they're giving these huge NIL deals to already get their heads blown up by these recruiting sites before they ever play a down, have recruiters kissing their @$$e$ before they ever play a down, and now you're giving this kid 7 figures before He ever plays a down...early ripe, early rot.

I think this is a case of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Personally I think these endorsement deals are going to go to established players rather than prospects because the guys who invested in DJ and rattler are probably heated. Unless it’s a die hard fans company doing it
Sure, but even then it doesn't always work out in college football. I don't mean to pick on King, but there is one example. Rattler was somewhat established. The risk/reward may not work out for these companies once they have a chance to run the numbers.

Well yeah depends on the guy. Quinn is ultra competitive and a gym ray himself. It’s the only thing his family let him do that wasn’t controlled most of his life so he poured his time into his craft. We’ll see how it all plays out though

Well yeah depends on the guy. Quinn is ultra competitive and a gym ray himself. It’s the only thing his family let him do that wasn’t controlled most of his life so he poured his time into his craft. We’ll see how it all plays out though
Your description of his parents reminds me of Todd Marinovich or that freshman kid from the show Friday night lights lol

Advertisement
Advertisement

And look at Daniels still..... He seems to be made of glass. I would be surprised if he plays serious snaps at UGA at all at this point

I’ve also checked on the OH St boards & some of their fans seem to think there’s some smoke here in terms of Quinn legitimately considering transferring.

From what I gather he was promised he would start as a TF, but now with CJ Stroud being a RS Frosh starter at OH ST, Quinn & his father are starting to seriously reconsider if Columbus is really the best place for him.

LMAO!

Advertisement
Back