2021 QB Miller Moss receives offer

One last comment from Greg Biggins, the USC insider for 247:

"I like Moss better. Better feel for the position in terms of processing, reading coverages, and decision making. He's smaller then Jake but has bigger hands and arm strength is comparable plus he throws a much tighter ball.

I like Jake too though, he has some tools for sure and is a good kid. I think he can make another jump in his game although he's old for his grade, will be 19 in October so physically, he's probably maxed out already but didn't start playing QB until HS so he's not one of those kids who has had a QB coach his whole life."

I don't ever remember reading that Garcia only played QB for a couple of years...

Advertisement
One last comment from Greg Biggins, the USC insider for 247:

"I like Moss better. Better feel for the position in terms of processing, reading coverages, and decision making. He's smaller then Jake but has bigger hands and arm strength is comparable plus he throws a much tighter ball.

I like Jake too though, he has some tools for sure and is a good kid. I think he can make another jump in his game although he's old for his grade, will be 19 in October so physically, he's probably maxed out already but didn't start playing QB until HS so he's not one of those kids who has had a QB coach his whole life."

I don't ever remember reading that Garcia only played QB for a couple of years...
That writer really thinks a 19 y/o is maxed out physically lol ok

Miller Moss and Caleb Williams are now both writing a weekly blog for Sports Illustrated. They call it SI All American. This week, Moss told the story of how he came to play QB and his path in development from the age of 7. Really interesting - he spoke a little bit about recruitment.

On recruitment this weeK::

"Recruitment news: I got to get on the phone with Coach (Nick) Saban this past week, which is always interesting. There's still kind of that "wow" factor with talking with someone like that just because he's a face you see and a voice you hear so much and you're like, "Oh, I'm interacting with this guy!" But you see, just in talking to him, why his program is so successful and why he's had the success he's had. He says a lot of interesting things not only about football but about life in general, so I love being able to get on the phone with Coach Saban.

I've talked to Coach O (Ed Orgeron) a little bit in the past week, as well. We talked a lot about food (which was funny). He loves talking about In-N-Out Burger and post-game meals and said he was gonna make gumbo when we come out and see him so I'm excited for that!

I've been in contact with Coach (Chip) Kelly and Coach (Clay) Hilton, as well. A pretty on-par week with recruitment, I would say. No drastic changes as of now.
The fact that I've been to three of the four schools--all except LSU--is hurting me a lot in terms of trying to compare these schools because it's hard to know if you can really see yourself there if you haven't physically been there. I'm trying to be as diligent as I can in research and all of that kinda stuff but I do really think that in-person experience is invaluable.
The unfortunate circumstance is that we don't know what's to come in these next few months.
Coach O is always in the facility when I talk to him so he kinda shows me around. He'll walk out to his balcony right outside of his office and Tiger Stadium is right there so he'll end up flipping the camera and showing me that.
Just to tie things off, I know there's a lot of uncertainty going around, not only in the recruitment and college football world but all over the world. I hope you guys are all staying safe and taking care of each other and hopefully we'll be returning to normal life sooner rather than later. "

It's a free site -
Link: https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/football/miller-moss-clausen-alabama-lsu-usc-ucla

Advertisement
Manny has moved in silence and we certainly avoided the Crystal Ball Curse the last year. Haselwood, Tyrique, Bogle....those hurt the year prior. At least for a guy that lives in KS and only has 247 and social media to keep him in the know. Surprises due to silent progress last year were Redding for sure. That came out of nowhere for me at least. Oh, and Avantae. That, too, was a surprise but, no doubt, built on a ton of work behind the scenes.

That gives me a LOT of hope. If we could win 9, 10 games we'd make stealth moves like we've never experienced. ****, if we just would've won out last year with Duke and FIU, we would've pulled in one or two additional studs and flirted with Top 10.

I agree with the above. I think there's a lot going on very quietly behind the scenes with Moss, Nussmeier , Davis, Milroe and of course, McLaughlin.
McLaughlin is about to commit to NC St, he received 5 CB's today to NC St including one from Wiltfong.

I think we'll keep working on Moss, Davis, Milroe, possibly Millner & maybe even offer some more QB's down the stretch. Still doesn't make any sense why we haven't offered Salter & Drones.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Why Bama tho, Bryce Young there

Development - winning- professionalism of the program.

From the west coast guy today on the Bama board:

Can confirm his interest in Bama at this point. This would be an even tighter race if he'd been able to travel, and with Miller, don't factor in other players. He has said repeatedly and if you know him, you know he's not lying when he says no other player's place on a roster is going to impact his decision. That's to say that USC and LSU are very much in this regardless of their current or developing QB situations.

I actually hope he goes to Bama at this point. Could help us out with Milroe as that would probably eliminate them from his services.

I think it will be SC/Bama and if you were to put a gun to my head I’d say Bama. Just my gut. Bama needs a QB and Sarkisian is helping them out a ton here, plus he knows for sure he will have top tier skill talent around him and an A+ OL.

So interesting twist to Miller Moss's recruitment possibly, @Liberty City El

Long before California State University announced Tuesday its 23 campuses would remain closed through the fall semester, which in turn created more doubt regarding the upcoming high school football season in the state, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany's Miller Moss put himself in position to have some other options.

As the four-star quarterback put together his course load for the spring semester of his junior year, he took a couple extra classes to give himself flexibility — putting in motion the possibility that he could reclassify from the 2021 class to 2020, possibly graduating this spring and enrolling in college this summer, foregoing what would’ve been his senior year. Moss was already ahead of the curve because he's been taking summer school classes the last few years.

“First thing I want to say, it’s 100 percent my desire to play my senior year,” Moss told 247Sports on Wednesday. “That’s where my heart lies. There is a lot I want to accomplish in high school, I feel like there is a lot left for me to do, and I want to have a senior experience with the guys I’ve worked with on my high school team to this point.

“The only way I would [reclassify] is if the high school season is canceled and even if the high school season is canceled it’s not a guarantee.”

Moss is the No. 5 pro-style passer in 2021 and the No. 51 overall prospect per the 247Sports Composite. In mid-April he announced a final four of Alabama, LSU, UCLA and USC.

Moss is still working to whittle his list of finalists down, with the idea he’ll remain a 2021 recruit. With that, perhaps the door is open for another program — such as Michigan — who might be looking to add a 2020 quarterback to the equation.

“If there is no high school football on the West Coast at all, that would be something to prompt me to go to college early,” Moss said. “If it were an advantageous for me to get in early and get ahead and in the same sense I feel didn’t hurt me with eligibility, that’s something I definitely would go do.”

Moss has an uncle in Arizona, so playing high school football could be an option there.

Moss says the UCLA Bruins and USC Trojans have said they’re “not sure what’s going to happen.”

“The message from LSU and Alabama was, ‘We’re going to play no matter what.’ LSU’s whole staff is in the building working,” Moss said.

“I’m hesitant to put out a strong timeline,” Moss said. “The pandemic has definitely slowed it down because I had an official to LSU in early April and same thing with Alabama. Not being able to see LSU, I saw Alabama last year, but not being able to see LSU delayed my decision. They’ve been good with virtual tours.

“I’m hoping to make the decision in the next couple months.”

I saw a poll that one of the recruiting sites put out asking a bunch of the highly recruited California kids what they would do if there was no football in high schools this fall. Most said they would concentrate on their studies and work out. One or two said they didn't know, hadn't thought about it. Jonathan Flowe was the only one who said he would transfer to either IMG Academy or Bishop Gorman in Vegas.

Advertisement
Back