2021 QB Miller Moss receives offer

Advertisement
If Bryce Young wasn't there, I'd agree. He didn't pull trigger on USC until Young was out of picture. That bodes well for us and other interested parties.
Good point. But If bama wants two qb’s and he’s in the perfect spot to get a full court pre$$ form Nicky.

Good point. But If bama wants two qb’s and he’s in the perfect spot to get a full court pre$$ form Nicky.
Doesn't seem like Garcia will be a target, reading their boards. They don't think he'd be interested. There's more talk about finding a strong 3 star kid - like Clemson did - just for competition or even a grad transfer at some point. I bet they wait to see how Bryce Young does in practice and if he ends up the starter as the season goes along...

Advertisement
I'd be shocked if Garcia sticks with them. I understand the "I aint afraid of competition" schtick and I admire it but I'll just play the odds here....

Schools rarely ever sign 2 top kids like this. We know Moss aint scared, obviously. As time goes on I expect there to be "Garcia is flirting with XYZ" smoke and I expect it to get louder and louder as time goes on. Hopefully Lashlee saw all of this coming and has stayed in touch.

I'd be shocked if Garcia sticks with them. I understand the "I aint afraid of competition" schtick and I admire it but I'll just play the odds here....

Schools rarely ever sign 2 top kids like this. We know Moss aint scared, obviously. As time goes on I expect there to be "Garcia is flirting with XYZ" smoke and I expect it to get louder and louder as time goes on. Hopefully Lashlee saw all of this coming and has stayed in touch.
Manny, too, and it sounds like he has at least this winter. Didn’t he stop by his high school while out west?

Advertisement

Competition will be there just about at any school. He comes to Miami and he will compete with TVD for the starting job 2021 which most on this site continue to castoff like a week old loaf of bread.

Competition will be there just about at any school. He comes to Miami and he will compete with TVD for the starting job 2021 which most on this site continue to castoff like a week old loaf of bread.

I don’t disagree, but I’m strictly talking coming in the same class as another local highly rated blue chip QB....

It’s a good news-bad news situation for the Canes when it comes to La Habra (Calif.) High School QB
Jake Garcia

The 4-star is a USC commitment, and the good news from a Miami perspective is that he’s still in regular contact with new offensive coordinator/QB coach Rhett Lashlee.
“We talk every week, every two weeks,” Garcia told CaneSport. “He’s just checking in. When we talk it’s not even really about football, I just about life and building relationships, we just talk about how family is going. It’s just building a personal relationship.
“I still communicate with him, just keep a good relationship between us.”
More potential good news, at least if you’re a Cane fan who wants to speculate on the chance of Garcia still winding up at Miami: 4-star QB
Miller Moss
committed to USC on Monday.

The thinking goes with that happening is that perhaps Garcia will look elsewhere. And Miami was high on his list when he chose the Trojans - he took an unofficial visit last June, paying his own way, and then came back again for the game against Virginia Tech with his family, girlfriend and QB coach.
uub.png

fu7q6g8mtzuli3ibr5ji

NATL
ST
POS
JAKE
GARCIA

VERBAL COMMIT
9/23/2019
USC
6'2" | 185 LBS | PRO QB | 2021
LA HABRA
LA HABRA, CA

So what’s the bad news?
Well, Garcia says he’s totally okay with USC taking another QB.
“No matter who goes to what school, at the end of the day you have to compete,” he said. “That’s what this game is about, competing. When you get to the league everyone is equal, talent, so competing is a big thing for me. I’m ready to go and compete no matter who is there.
“The biggest thing for me is having a fair shot because I know what I can do.”
Asked if, when he committed to USC, UM was No. 2 on his list, Garcia said, “They were all pretty close. USC just felt like home. And it’s close to home so that was a factor other schools couldn’t match.”
Garcia also says fans shouldn’t read too much into the fact that he talks regularly with Lashlee.
“The best part about football is building relationships, and you never know where someone will end up - I’m talking about a coach ending up in the league,” Garcia said. “For instance coach Lashlee could wind up in the league when I’m getting drafted.”
A final question for Garcia: “Bottom line, is there still a chance, even a 1 percent chance, that you could wind up at Miami at the end of all this?”
His response was only two words.
“I’m committed,” he said.
CaneSport’s take
Look, things happen in a hurry in recruiting, and there’s a lot of smoke out there that Garcia could consider the Canes with Moss winding up at USC. We will keep checking in with Garcia to see if things change. And he says a few other coaches are also reaching out to him “here and there” and that “They’re all really respectful of the commitment, are not pushing.” Perhaps the most interesting comment he made in the above interview regarded him ”having a fair shot,” since if he winds up thinking that perhaps there’s some favoritism from the USC coordinator or head coach toward Moss, that would put the Canes right back in this. For now UM is sort of in a holding pattern at QB with no highly regarded player leaning toward UM that has an offer.

Advertisement
Give him a couple of months, when USC tell Miller Moss he’s there QB of the future, Garcia will coming running on back to he 305.

im pretty sure he doesnt want to be a back-up

Last edited:
Looks like Bama found a new QB target- they just offered FSU’s QB commit. 4star Luke Altmyer

Advertisement
Miller Moss transferring to Mater Dei for his final season....

Having a chance to develop more as a QB was a big reason for the move, he saw how Bryce Young was able to learn a different system, play faster and that all played a role. Kid is looking to beat out Garcia as the backup next year.

Miller Moss transferring to Mater Dei for his final season....

Having a chance to develop more as a QB was a big reason for the move, he saw how Bryce Young was able to learn a different system, play faster and that all played a role. Kid is looking to beat out Garcia as the backup next year.
He was at Mater Dei his Sophomore year too, he's transferring back.

Give him a couple of months, when USC tell Miller Moss he’s there QB of the future, Garcia will coming running on back to he 305.

im pretty sure he doesnt want to be a back-up

These kids need to figure out a way to make the eventual flip appear to be more the product of a long process of recruiting, rather than a split-second ****ed-off reaction to a school signing a competitor in your same recruiting class.

Advertisement
Back