2021 QB Miller Moss receives offer

Advertisement
USC made it known they’ll probably take 2 QBs this cycle. Jake Garcia was even actively reaching out wanting Moss to sign with him, that is til the recent hype Moss has generated for himself. I’m not to sure Garcia stays with SC if Moss wants in. I’ve mainly seen UCLA and Stanford as his top 2 with possibly LSU being 3rd.

1585612898938.png

Advertisement
LSU is after Moss, Caleb Williams and Nussmeier - they want at least one of them and would take two. Looks like Nussmeier is leaning their way. Williams and his dad have said they want to get back to LSU before making a decision yet the OU board is convinced he is all Sooner.

Not much said about Moss and LSU until recently. It doesn't seem like he's all that interested in UCLA and Stanford chose another QB. Seems like he's still looking around a bit...

From the Stanford 247 reporter - posted on USC board in a discussion about Moss - Garcia:

Just wanted to chime in here. There are two big misconceptions happening right now with Moss’ recruitment. 1. A decision is not imminent 2. Portraying this as a two-team race is inaccurate. Cal alone is a legit factor from the Pac-12. Alabama and LSU are also getting strong consideration and are both recruiting Miller hard. Sark has been recruiting Miller for over a year and Miller's relationship with that staff is solid.

The extended dead period is going to make it very hard for Miami to flip or land any OOS QB. Especially those who have never visited.
It wouldn't surprise me if we started spending more effort on 2022 to develop relationships in hopes of landing a top QB in that cycle.. Maybe Lashlee can get someone late in the cycle if there is a season and Miami has a solid offense and winning record.

Advertisement
Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany High School QB Miller Moss says the Miami Hurricanes remain very much in his picture.

And UM coaches are pushing hard.

“They’ve been doing a really good job recruiting me,” Moss said. “Coach (Rhett) Lashlee and the offensive staff have been talking with me, it’s been good. They are definitely high in the picture.”

Moss says he has no favorites right now and that “in my head I’m trying to formulate the schools I’m interested in. As of now I’m fielding a lot of different calls and texts.”

He says 10 to 15 different programs are reaching out per week.

“And you get multiple guys from each school, the staff is so many people, so it’s a lot,” Moss said.

He says Lashlee and other Cane coaches “reach out a lot, have been doing some group FaceTime stuff which has been cool. That’s fun talking with multiple coaches at the same time.”

The message Lashlee’s giving him?

“That they have D’Eriq King this year as a bridge quarterback and really need to land a guy in 2021 and that they see me fitting that role,” Moss said. “They’ve made it pretty clear I’m a big priority.”

The virus outbreak cost UM a planned visit from Moss - he was supposed to be on campus the weekend of March 25. Now he plans to reschedule when the outbreak is over.

“It’s a place I want to check out,” Moss said.

Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany High School QB Miller Moss says the Miami Hurricanes remain very much in his picture.

And UM coaches are pushing hard.

“They’ve been doing a really good job recruiting me,” Moss said. “Coach (Rhett) Lashlee and the offensive staff have been talking with me, it’s been good. They are definitely high in the picture.”

Moss says he has no favorites right now and that “in my head I’m trying to formulate the schools I’m interested in. As of now I’m fielding a lot of different calls and texts.”

He says 10 to 15 different programs are reaching out per week.

“And you get multiple guys from each school, the staff is so many people, so it’s a lot,” Moss said.

He says Lashlee and other Cane coaches “reach out a lot, have been doing some group FaceTime stuff which has been cool. That’s fun talking with multiple coaches at the same time.”

The message Lashlee’s giving him?

“That they have D’Eriq King this year as a bridge quarterback and really need to land a guy in 2021 and that they see me fitting that role,” Moss said. “They’ve made it pretty clear I’m a big priority.”

The virus outbreak cost UM a planned visit from Moss - he was supposed to be on campus the weekend of March 25. Now he plans to reschedule when the outbreak is over.

“It’s a place I want to check out,” Moss said.

Well. Just goes to show you these reporters don’t get the whole story from kids. There’s been zero mention of Miami from anyone out west.

Cal just locked up Kai Millner as their QB for 2021. UCLA is his if he wants it, so him holding out has to be a go thing. With OVs loking to become more and more rare this year, a Moss OV to Miami will be epid.

Advertisement
From the UCLA board today:

This week saw two quarterbacks commit out West but the region's top un-committed signal caller, Mission Hills (Calif.) Alemany's Miller Moss still doesn't appear close to pulling the trigger.

Moss' recruitment has been fascinating to watch with no real deadline in sight right now. The main schools he’s talking with right now are Alabama, Cal, LSU, UCLA and USC. Stanford, who was thought to be on the short list if they offered, decided to go on Ari Patu in somewhat of a surprise move, so we’re taking the Cardinal off his list.

Cal just received a commitment earlier today from Kai Millner and although the Bears could take a second quarterback, we can't see that being Moss at the moment. Moss wants to visit to Alabama and LSU before making his decision but the question remains, will prospects even be able to get back on the road in the next few months?

Tide OC Steve Sarkisian has been recruiting Moss heavily but it's tough to envision him following Bryce Young. USC didn't look like a real option for Moss when Young was committed there so it's tough to see him following him across the country to Alabama.

As for LSU, the Tigers are making a push but the feeling remains Garrett Nussmeier will be their quarterback in this class. I also get the sense location could play a small role here, which brings us to UCLA and USC.

UCLA has made Moss priority No. 1, regardless of position this year. They have been recruiting him harder then anyone and more consistently as well. Saying that, the fact he hasn’t pulled the trigger yet make you feel like it just might not happen. One thing we've seen in the past is when a player has ample opportunities to commit to a school and doesn't pull the trigger, there is something holding him back and the two sides eventually go their separate ways.

USC is the childhood favorite for Moss and we know the Trojans want a 2nd quarterback in this years class. They already have a commitment from Jake Garcia but we know that's not an issue for Moss as he no problem competing with another quarterback in the '21 class.

That's why this recruitment is so interesting. Will he eventually jump on the offer from the Bruins and help to kick start their class or commit to the Trojans and add to what already looks to be one of the most talented quarterback rooms in the country. Moss has said he could see himself making a decision in May but it won't surprise us if his recruitment moves in to June or even July depending on how adamant he is about taking some visits.

NOTE: Additional comments to the boldened part, the west coast recruiting expert on 247 has a pretty long term relationship with Moss. He mentions in the thread that he believes one of the things Moss is looking for is a strong supporting group of skill players to make him successful. This is more than likely the reason he hasn't pulled the trigger for UCLA.

Advertisement
Join Miami and have skill guys in the class above you (at least better than UCLA) and help us reel in more like Brooks, Alexis, and some West Coast stud. Moss as the lure would help Fields and Likens reel in a West Coast whale!

More on Moss from the weekend, per the USC insider who writes on their 247 board. He has a long-term relationship with Moss.

He was asked for his honest opinion on where/what Moss is going to do:

"Honestly I wish I knew, no CB for me right now with him. I think there's a sense with USC that even though they're recruiting him, he wasn't the priority for them, it was Jake and then probably Sawyer Robertson. With UCLA, he's their top guy, regardless of position, but I think the concern is, is there enough talent around him to be successful. So that's what he's wrestling with right now a bit."

"It is hard to envision them in the same class. The thing is, both kids are confident they could beat out the other and Jake has known they were going to take 2 for some time. Maybe it's all lip service about, 'not being afraid to compete' so we'll see what happens. Would be a very talented QB room for sure with those 2 coming in."

Some posters asked if there would be a concern about guys already committed or other players Garcia has actively been recruiting if USC brought Moss in too:

"Moss is a very popular kid as well among his peers and would be an active recruiter as well, there wouldn't be a drop off. In fact, several players committed to SC or leaning that way are actually recruiting Moss."

Smart kid. He won’t win or do anything of relevance at UCLA. Either drop your nuts and go compete w Garcia or wait for this **** to be over and visit other competitors and explore your options. I’ve already wrote him off for us though. LSU and Bama seem to be the only OOS schools mentioned for him by the West Coast guys who are tied into his recruitment.

Advertisement
Back