2018 WR Kevin Austin talks Canes

Advertisement
This kid talks about academics but then puts Ohio St and Kentucky in this top group of schools? WTF

right .... like the time that Myron Rolle said the reason he chose FSU was for the academics.

what better way to watch one's own credibility crash and burn

Snips from 247 (UF site) today. Beginning quote asked if he has any leaders:

~“Not really, I’m still going through the process. My main seven are probably going to be Duke, Miami, Ohio State, Florida, Kentucky, Notre Dame.”

~Austin said Florida along with Notre Dame, Miami, and Ohio State would likely get visits this spring and summer. This coming weekend, Austin is heading west for a visit.

~“I’m going to visit UCLA next weekend. I want to see the college and how it is out there in California.

~“Not really, I’m still going through the process. My main seven are probably going to be Duke, Miami, Ohio State, Florida, Kentucky, Notre Dame.”

~Austin said Florida along with Notre Dame, Miami, and Ohio State would likely get visits this spring and summer. This coming weekend, Austin is heading west for a visit.

~“I’m going to visit UCLA next weekend. I want to see the college and how it is out there in California.

Hightower is nice and all, but wish this kid was higher on our board. Think he'll be much better

A notre dame crystal ball just went up for him.

He's big on academics so if a school like Stanford offered they would probably be the team to beat. Per an article posted moments ago on the notre dame board they said his father spoke to a source and said notre dame and duke are clear cut the team to beat as of now

Advertisement
You'd have to be a ********* to want to play for that red-faced twerp, Brian Kelly. I know the kid places a premium on academics, but having to play for Brian Kelly and live in South Bend would put an end to that recruitment for me.

He's big on academics so if a school like Stanford offered they would probably be the team to beat. Per an article posted moments ago on the notre dame board they said his father spoke to a source and said notre dame and duke are clear cut the team to beat as of now

He's not serious about football, then.

You'd have to be a ********* to want to play for that red-faced twerp, Brian Kelly. I know the kid places a premium on academics, but having to play for Brian Kelly and live in South Bend would put an end to that recruitment for me.
Exactly.

Pvssies on here won't want to hear this, but most of his list and his current HS reeks of "I don't want to be in an urban environment".

Exactly.

Pvssies on here won't want to hear this, but most of his list and his current HS reeks of "I don't want to be in an urban environment".

Mom is trying to turn him into an Urkel. smdh.

Advertisement
This kid talks about academics but then puts Ohio St and Kentucky in this top group of schools? WTF

right .... like the time that Myron Rolle said the reason he chose FSU was for the academics.

what better way to watch one's own credibility crash and burn

Ohio State has good academics. Depends what you want to major in but it's a good school man. I went there and the business school is top 15 in the country and let me tell you it was not easy at all. The requirements to get in there for a non athlete are insane. Not like it used to be.

Hightower is nice and all, but wish this kid was higher on our board. Think he'll be much better

lol. Wanting this lame brain Urkel over 5 star Hightower is brain dead idiocy.

Is Stanford recruiting him?

Honestly don't know. But If it was me and I didn't have a scholarship I'd be mentioning that Stanford was a school I wanted to get an offer from.
I'm pretty sure I've said it in another thread but as far as academics & football are concerned my top schools would be: Stanford, Miami, USC, & Cal.

I'd put ND ahead of USC.

Well ND can be the 5th school but since I hate ND I only listed a top 4.

Michigan certainly belongs on that list.

That's what I am hearing as well.

Advertisement
If academics is a YUGE factor in his decision, then that should eliminate uF.

UF is only 6 schools behind Miami in National University Ranking (USA Today). You're probably thinking of FSU.

When the new rankings come out after this year, UF is projected to either tie or surpass UM in the rankings FYI. In the eyes of the majority of the people not only in FL, but nationwide, UF is becoming a more prestigious school than UM regardless of ranking.

This part is idiotic.
:monkey-serious:

UF is only 6 schools behind Miami in National University Ranking (USA Today). You're probably thinking of FSU.

When the new rankings come out after this year, UF is projected to either tie or surpass UM in the rankings FYI. In the eyes of the majority of the people not only in FL, but nationwide, UF is becoming a more prestigious school than UM regardless of ranking.

This part is idiotic.

according to national university rank, miami is 44th best education while uf is tied for 50th . . . not that huge of a gap

This part is idiotic.

according to national university rank, miami is 44th best education while uf is tied for 50th . . . not that huge of a gap

I'm talking about the part in BOLD is idiotic

Advertisement

I'd go to UCLA over ND or Duke without a doubt.

And obviously Stanford.

And obviously Stanford.

I'd go to ucla as well out of those 4 schools

And obviously Stanford.

I'd go to Stanford. The only thing UCLA has over Stanford is LA girls are hotter than bay area girls. Thats honestly the only thing I can think of that would make me want to choose UCLA over Stanford. And Duke and ND aren't even in the same realm as UCLA girls.

Regarldess all signs are pointing to this kid not coming here since we're prioritizing Pope and Williams. Rather him go to UCLA because we don't play them

And obviously Stanford.

I'd go to Stanford. The only thing UCLA has over Stanford is LA girls are hotter than bay area girls. Thats honestly the only thing I can think of that would make me want to choose UCLA over Stanford. And Duke and ND aren't even in the same realm as UCLA girls.

The girls, great campus and academics and the scenery. Can't really beat that

Advertisement
Back