2018 WR Kevin Austin talks Canes

View as article
Any athlete that lists academics as a primary factor in their recruitment but doesn't mention Stanford is a little suspect to me.

Advertisement
Any athlete that lists academics as a primary factor in their recruitment but doesn't mention Stanford is a little suspect to me.

Is Stanford recruiting him?

Honestly don't know. But If it was me and I didn't have a scholarship I'd be mentioning that Stanford was a school I wanted to get an offer from.
I'm pretty sure I've said it in another thread but as far as academics & football are concerned my top schools would be: Stanford, Miami, USC, & Cal.

Advertisement

Honestly don't know. But If it was me and I didn't have a scholarship I'd be mentioning that Stanford was a school I wanted to get an offer from.
I'm pretty sure I've said it in another thread but as far as academics & football are concerned my top schools would be: Stanford, Miami, USC, & Cal.

You realize that not everyone wants to move from FL to CA right? Clearly, you're a little more interested in CA than a normal guy who grows up and lives in FL.

This kid talks about academics but then puts Ohio St and Kentucky in this top group of schools? WTF

This kid talks about academics but then puts Ohio St and Kentucky in this top group of schools? WTF

Again these kids have to say something. They typically develop a rote response to the questions they get regarding recruiting. Things like: I'm looking for great academics, I'm looking for a family atmosphere, I'm looking for an exciting offense/defense.

You can expect a slight variation on the above for almost all recruits.

Advertisement

I'd put ND ahead of USC.

I'd put ND ahead of USC.

Well ND can be the 5th school but since I hate ND I only listed a top 4.

Mama is very serious about the kid's academics. That's how he ended up at North Broward Prep. Mama took him out of his home school because they didn't have the program she wanted him in.

I'd put ND ahead of USC.

Michigan certainly belongs on that list.

Advertisement

You realize that not everyone wants to move from FL to CA right? Clearly, you're a little more interested in CA than a normal guy who grows up and lives in FL.

You're probably right, but California just has better academics and athletics than most other states **** I didn't even list UCLA. The only two schools in Florida in the discussion are UF and Miami.
and the next closest schools are probably Virginia, Duke, and UNC. But really whats the difference going there instead of California other than the California schools offer better academics and athletics?

Stanford is best combo of academics and athletics in the nation. Cal is the best pubic school in the country. and imo USC and Miami just are the total package having everything you want in a college.

I want him more than any other WR not named Pope

but I must admit i havent seen hightower play

Kids like Kevin Austin are must haves. He'll be a great ambassador for the program. It sucks that his type don't end up at Miami. They usually end up at the Notre Dames, Stanfords and Dukes of the world... Hopefully he gives Miami a shot because the academics at Miami are the best in the state.

I'd put ND ahead of USC.

Michigan certainly belongs on that list.

Michigan isn't as good as Cal, UCLA, and UVA in academics as far as public schools are concerned. Obviously they are better right now at football than all those schools.
I'd have them in the top 10 for sure. But Michigan isn't better than the 4 I listed. But thats just my opinion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back