2017 RB Kyshaun Bryan Update -- Decommitted from USCe

Just my opinion, but I think there was favoritism there. Bryan transferred in from American Heritage.

I thought STA made a big mistake by not playing him more against Gorman.

I thought 99% of STA transferred in. Have they ever showed favoritism? Or did they show it to the 1 guy who was there all along?

Pretty sure Epstein transferred in from Cypress Bay.

Ok, then where is this favoritism crap coming from?

Jews own the media.

Except for El Nuevo Herald. Is that still a thing?

Advertisement
This guy backed up a *** at RB. Hard pass. Why not go get the *** instead?

Just my opinion, but I think there was favoritism there. Bryan transferred in from American Heritage.

I thought 99% of STA transferred in. Have they ever showed favoritism? Or did they show it to the 1 guy who was there all along?

I believe he had already been at STA a year while rehabbing an injury.

Clearly, the coaches think Bryan is the better player. They could be wrong, but I agree with them. The Gorman game exposed Epstein a bit IMO.

Clearly, the coaches think Bryan is the better player. They could be wrong, but I agree with them. The Gorman game exposed Epstein a bit IMO.

Go on (I'm serious, I didn't watch a second of STA this year). How did he compile the very impressive stats I posted above? His measureables, stats, etc, scream 4 star and bigger offers.

It's too late for all this folly. Brown got smoked. Just save the scholly and stop reaching. Very golden-esque move to me

K. Bryan looks fine to me. Played better comp than McFarland so his highlights aren't as surreal. Seems to have decent vision. Runs well in between the tackles. He doesn't have the acceleration of a Cook, and that may be the biggest knock on him, but his top speed is fast enough. He doesn't break a ton of tackles, but he runs slippery and will run through an arm tackle. As in, he seems to take good angles and naturally avoids big hits when possible. Portis was a natural at that, although Portis obviously is well, Portis, just saying running "slippery" is the comparison here, not comparing the two.

McFarland played against good competition. They played one of the best teams in VA in Oscar Smith, Josh Sweat's HS, they went up to PA to play a playoff team in Harrisburg, they beat McDonough, ranked #5 in Maryland, a Baltimore power private school, they played Gonzaga in DC, their biggest rival who was ranked #6 in MD (they play in MD league because DC is DC), they beat St. Johns who was #2 in MD to win the title and St Johns beat Delray American Heritage 42-9.

He did all that on a broken leg?

Advertisement
K. Bryan looks fine to me. Played better comp than McFarland so his highlights aren't as surreal. Seems to have decent vision. Runs well in between the tackles. He doesn't have the acceleration of a Cook, and that may be the biggest knock on him, but his top speed is fast enough. He doesn't break a ton of tackles, but he runs slippery and will run through an arm tackle. As in, he seems to take good angles and naturally avoids big hits when possible. Portis was a natural at that, although Portis obviously is well, Portis, just saying running "slippery" is the comparison here, not comparing the two.

McFarland played against good competition. They played one of the best teams in VA in Oscar Smith, Josh Sweat's HS, they went up to PA to play a playoff team in Harrisburg, they beat McDonough, ranked #5 in Maryland, a Baltimore power private school, they played Gonzaga in DC, their biggest rival who was ranked #6 in MD (they play in MD league because DC is DC), they beat St. Johns who was #2 in MD to win the title and St Johns beat Delray American Heritage 42-9.

Ok, then I'll look at last year's schedule. I bet it was the same or similar.

Edit: MUCH TOUGHER

Miami Central (killed them)
American Heritage (beat them)
St Johns (twice)
Gonzaga
Archbishop Carroll (DC)
LaSalle, PA (#4 in PA)

Their 2014 schedule was tough. Point being, he wasn't playing against 5-6, 150 white kids in Idaho.

Last edited:
Kid that played at AMH and STA plus he wants to put on for his hometown. That's good enough for me.

Book it.

I think they both stink.

Go on (I'm serious, I didn't watch a second of STA this year). How did he compile the very impressive stats I posted above? His measureables, stats, etc, scream 4 star and bigger offers.

He is a good player in a great offense. Epstein can run-- he proved that against Booker T -- but I don't see the suddenness and burst of Bryan.

Maybe that's just an inherent bias. But that's what I see, and apparently Brown sees the same thing.

Advertisement

He is a good player in a great offense. Epstein can run-- he proved that against Booker T -- but I don't see the suddenness and burst of Bryan.

Maybe that's just an inherent bias. But that's what I see, and apparently Brown sees the same thing.

That's fair. So you would say top teams really did their homework then. Because usually those stats, that size and speed, equals more than Illinois for a STA kid.

We are done at RB IMO..
No need to panic, see who has legit interest and if he doesn't fit move it along to next year or grad transfer...
Kid from Mary-land played the game and I will enjoy watching him get fugged up in college

LOL obviously we aren't done if we add this kid . And it looks like if he wants to be a cane ( he will IMO ) then he is a cane.

That's fair. So you would say top teams really did their homework then. Because usually those stats, that size and speed, equals more than Illinois for a STA kid.

I mean, they probably have never seen a ****** running back either. So we might all look back and blame bias for a scouting mistake. Epstein has been a very good player since youth football.

But I just don't see that twitch. He has good feet and is a natural runner, but a disciplined, athletic Gorman defense (basically a college unit) made him look a little lumbering.

We ain't stacking 3 RB's next year. It's about **** near impossible to bring in three backs that are elite unless you're dropping bags. So you'd likely end up with two elite and a prospect anyway.

Advertisement

Ok, then I'll look at last year's schedule. I bet it was the same or similar.

Edit: MUCH TOUGHER

Miami Central (killed them)
American Heritage (beat them)
St Johns (twice)
Gonzaga
Archbishop Carroll (DC)
LaSalle, PA (#4 in PA)

Their 2014 schedule was tough. Point being, he wasn't playing against 5-6, 150 white kids in Idaho.

Forgive me if i'm wrong but i thought i've seen it as a common misconception that he killed central when in fact he had like 2 carries. I think it was some other RB.

I think they both stink.

This. Literally everyone on this thread will be calling whoever we reach for a JAG in 12-15 months. We've got plenty of athletes on this roster who can play RB in an emergency for 1 year. Reaching for a RB is the worst ******* idea i've heard when we already have 2 reaches on roster in chocolate fumble and robert 1st degree burns.

Do we really want 3 of our 5 RB's to be mediocre or injury plagued. Bunch of ******* danny dillards on this board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We ain't stacking 3 RB's next year. It's about **** near impossible to bring in three backs that are elite unless you're dropping bags. So you'd likely end up with two elite and a prospect anyway.

Cam Akers
Khalil Laborn
Zaquandre White

We need numbers. We need bodies. Have schollies to burn.

We played at what, 70 players last season?! We have 2 backs currently on the roster and one major IF with Choc. You make this play ALL DAY and hope like **** the kid can contribute. At least until 2018 when you go all in Lingard and Curry

IMG_3718.jpg. The check mark means he had an offer from those schools at one time or another. If LSU, Ohio State, FSU, Iowa, Florida, UNC, etc.. thought he was good enough to have interest in, then the kid has to be talented. He played for one of the best schools in the country at STA, and we aren't looking for him to come in and play this season. I think it's a good move, and like someone else mentioned can only help our relationship with players/coaches from there.

View attachment 42108. The check mark means he had an offer from those schools at one time or another. If LSU, Ohio State, FSU, Iowa, Florida, UNC, etc.. thought he was good enough to have interest in, then the kid has to be talented. He played for one of the best schools in the country at STA, and we aren't looking for him to come in and play this season. I think it's a good move, and like someone else mentioned can only help our relationship with players/coaches from there.

Those pages are never accurate especially for a school like STA where every college program visits them and passes out uncommittable offers like roofies at a frat party.

"if we offer half their team maybe we'll land 1-2 strategy"

Advertisement
Back