2017 RB Kyshaun Bryan Update -- Decommitted from USCe

I don't get why its so hard for people to understand this.

Another point is that every guy we get this class that wont contribute takes away from a kid that will in next years class where scholarship numbers are already limited currently. If we get someone it needs to be for 1 yr only.

Its simple logic to follow, I'm not in total disagreement; however the whole LETS WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR thing hasn't worked out so great for us in a decade.

We are about to have our best recruiting class in a while. And next year is so much more stacked at skill positions, it's really not even close. But again we will only have like 13 guys graduating next yr so we barely will be able to get a full class. And that'll only happen if we cut henley, Langham, etc

Don't worry about numbers. There will always be attrition and guys leaving early. We ain't turning away great talent next year because of schollie limits. lol. There are at least a dozen kids that could leave early for various reasons before 2018 starts.

Henley
McCray
Mayes
Jackson
Knowles
Wright
Haskins
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Mahoney
Milo
Jahair
Langham
Shirreffs

I understand, I've already gone through the list before and crossed most the guys you have off. I doubt sherriffs leaves though, maybe rosier. And Haskins isn't leaving unless he ****s up again. The problem is how often do 15 guys that aren't graduating leave in one offseason? Again we only have 13 seniors graduating. 13 plus the 15 you listed getting the boot/declaring early is 25. But again what are the chances 15 guys leave in 1 offseason.

Actually 13 seniors plus 15 is 28.

But yes, the 15 i listed are just possibilities based on lack of playing time, rumored discipline issues, early NFL departures, and logic. For example, if Cactus Jack or one of the FR QBs starts, i doubt both Shirreffs and Rosier stick around. ****, maybe both end up leaving.

I agree that we want a full class and more if possible. 2018 is so loaded at certain positions that we just cant turn them away if they want to come. I don't think we need 3 safeties in 2018, given the returning safety depth and the 2017 commits, but no way would we turn away Hall, Frierson, and Campbell if he wants in. Plus Russell as a Rover type. Same situation at CB.

1 QB
2 RB (3 RB if Burns is chronically hurt)
4 WR
1 TE (i think Njoku transitions to TE so only take 1)
5 OL
3 DT
1 DE
2 LB
3 CB
3 S

That's 25 kids.

Advertisement
Its simple logic to follow, I'm not in total disagreement; however the whole LETS WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR thing hasn't worked out so great for us in a decade.

We are about to have our best recruiting class in a while. And next year is so much more stacked at skill positions, it's really not even close. But again we will only have like 13 guys graduating next yr so we barely will be able to get a full class. And that'll only happen if we cut henley, Langham, etc

Don't worry about numbers. There will always be attrition and guys leaving early. We ain't turning away great talent next year because of schollie limits. lol. There are at least a dozen kids that could leave early for various reasons before 2018 starts.

Henley
McCray
Mayes
Jackson
Knowles
Wright
Haskins
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Mahoney
Milo
Jahair
Langham
Shirreffs

I understand, I've already gone through the list before and crossed most the guys you have off. I doubt sherriffs leaves though, maybe rosier. And Haskins isn't leaving unless he ****s up again. The problem is how often do 15 guys that aren't graduating leave in one offseason? Again we only have 13 seniors graduating. 13 plus the 15 you listed getting the boot/declaring early is 25. But again what are the chances 15 guys leave in 1 offseason.

Actually 13 seniors plus 15 is 28.

But yes, the 15 i listed are just possibilities based on lack of playing time, rumored discipline issues, early NFL departures, and logic. For example, if Cactus Jack or one of the FR QBs starts, i doubt both Shirreffs and Rosier stick around. ****, maybe both end up leaving.

I agree that we want a full class and more if possible. 2018 is so loaded at certain positions that we just cant turn them away if they want to come. I don't think we need 3 safeties in 2018, given the returning safety depth and the 2017 commits, but no way would we turn away Hall, Frierson, and Campbell if he wants in. Plus Russell as a Rover type. Same situation at CB.

1 QB
2 RB (3 RB if Burns is chronically hurt)
4 WR
1 TE (i think Njoku transitions to TE so only take 1)
5 OL
3 DT
1 DE
2 LB
3 CB
3 S

That's 25 kids.

Not enough DBs and DL. Probably gonna be at the expense of an OL and LB or something.

But I think you get my point that we seriously need a lot of attrition. I mean 15 is alot. We need some guys to leave this offseason too.

I don't get why its so hard for people to understand this.

Another point is that every guy we get this class that wont contribute takes away from a kid that will in next years class where scholarship numbers are already limited currently. If we get someone it needs to be for 1 yr only.

Henley
McCray
Mayes
Jackson
Knowles
Wright
Haskins
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Mahoney
Milo
Jahair
Langham
Shirreffs
[MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION]

please verify this list

guys I'd like to see get thrown off the team after the spring:

Mayes
Henley
McCray
Langham
Mahoney
Jones
Shirreffs

Imo that's this kids best bet to play else where . Don't think he will ever see the field mich here. We will load up in 2018 at rb 2 or 3

Advertisement

Henley
McCray
Mayes
Jackson
Knowles
Wright
Haskins
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Mahoney
Milo
Jahair
Langham
Shirreffs

please verify this list

Mayes
Henley
McCray
Langham
Mahoney
Jones
Shirreffs

Why? We don't need that many spots to open up. Do you think the walk-ons that replace these guys on the scout team are going to give our starters a better look in practice? They're definitely players that can/should move along after next season to open up spots for the 2018 class, but if they're not cancers in the locker room, why push them out now?

Henley
McCray
Mayes
Jackson
Knowles
Wright
Haskins
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Mahoney
Milo
Jahair
Langham
Shirreffs

please verify this list

Mayes
Henley
McCray
Langham
Mahoney
Jones
Shirreffs

Why? We don't need that many spots to open up. Do you think the walk-ons that replace these guys on the scout team are going to give our starters a better look in practice? They're definitely players that can/should move along after next season to open up spots for the 2018 class, but if they're not cancers in the locker room, why push them out now?

As has already been shown we need 12 guys to leave to be able to bring a full class in 2018. What are the chances all those guys leave in 1 yr? Not very high. And it would be a bad look to get rid of that many guys at once.

Plus maybe it'll allow us to get a few grad transfers maybe in the ol or at s,

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back