2017 RB Kyshaun Bryan Update -- Decommitted from USCe

Ppl said the same thing about the rb out of Columbus that ended up at Louisville... He developed into a very solid rb for them. If he doesn't develop into a #1 rb who cares, we've had rbs that didn't get an opportunity to really make a name for themselves until their 5th year.

I don't understand why people say land a elite back or pass until next year. If our program had operated by that logic we wouldn't have any backs on roster.

Advertisement
Ppl said the same thing about the rb out of Columbus that ended up at Louisville... He developed into a very solid rb for them. If he doesn't develop into a #1 rb who cares, we've had rbs that didn't get an opportunity to really make a name for themselves until their 5th year.

I hear you he was solid...but we werent winning championships with solid running backs..You wanna finish 9-4 like louisville or you wanna win championships

Brandon Radcliffe.

Most on here called the kid a plan C waste. He's no Dalvin Cook, but a kid like him would be perfectly fine as reliable backup and rotational player.

The issue is whether Bryan is comparable to him.

Not a take. If anything go to the midwest and find a guy. Seriously, there are plenty of midwest commits that can play at our level that would jump at an offer. This late in the game that is all we got. Either that or stay pat and save the schollie.

Like Bryce Brown? No thanks.

We have plenty of schoolies, probably won't use all available even if we take Bryan.

Brown was a completely different deal. He was the number one recruit in the country. I am talking about poaching a back from K state or Indiana or whatever, (Insert power five midwest school with a three or four star RB.) If we can flip them great, if not put the ship in our pocket and move on. Miami is a lot bigger deal than anything going on in the midwest.

Number one recruit in the country and he turned out to be a bust and you want us to go grab a JAG from the same area of the country?

Is this a joke? No body can play RB in the Midwest?

My point is Bryan is as good as any JAG from the Midwest and he played for STA. Landing guys from STA can help build our program for the future whereas landing a JAG from the midwest will not.

I hear you he was solid...but we werent winning championships with solid running backs..You wanna finish 9-4 like louisville or you wanna win championships

We already have a proven badass RB in Walton and an explosive POTENTIAL gamechanger in Homer. What we need is a reliable option in case they get hurt. If Bryan projects like Radcliffe, you wouldnt take a chance on a kid that could give you Radcliffe like production? What have you got to lose? If he sucks ***, you let him go like Loftus, Knighton, etc. and you free up the schollie again.

Advertisement
Stop it .. that dude is not a Miami caliber running back.... if he ever plays here it's a problem

This kid has more upside than your beloved Augustus. Like I said, would be a solid late pickup, I think we all know he isn't an elite back. And I'll trust Richt's eyes for a RB over yours any day.

Im more concerned for him then I am our crootin class..and no he doesnt have more upside then Gus...did you forget that Miami and FSU were crooting Gus? Im more concerned for him...hes not gonna get major PT here...why not go to a college where your gonna play? He's less talanted then every running back we have on our roster and if things go right he will be less talented then every other rb we recroot from here on out. Bryan would be doing himself a disservice. Ive seen it happen to many a recroot. and you trust Richts eyes over mine?? What other choice does richt have right now.. Please list the RB's that are begging to come here as sloppy 5th's that are so talented..Richt doesnt have ac hoice he is desparate, and this move reeks of desparation

I respect that you always temper the cheerleaders around here Vern, you are definitely the yin to the yang.

I don't care who was recruiting Gus. Go back and look at his tape. The dude ran so high he made Charlie Sheen look sober. And Gus catching a pass out of the backfield, you won't see it in his highlights and you will barely see them here because he sucked at it. Now I'm not trying to hate on Gus, actually wished he would have stayed and I think he improved a lot, just saying if you look this kid has some talent and with the right coaching could be pretty good.

Also, its Walton, Homer, Burns(hasn't played in years), and Choc (coming of injury and has butterfingers). 1-3 has to run with the ones and twos because it's next man up if 1 or 2 go down. 4-5 on the depth chart usually run with scout team and you need quality players there, not walk ons. I'm just saying it's not a bad offer. I'd rather have McDiva but that ship sailed and it's now closing time.

Take him for depth. What if Walton and Homer go down. We would be in trouble. Big time. Doesn't hurt to add a quality player. Please, don't say Choc will save the day lol I hope the light somehow clicked but not putting much faith in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Bryce Brown? No thanks.

We have plenty of schoolies, probably won't use all available even if we take Bryan.

Brown was a completely different deal. He was the number one recruit in the country. I am talking about poaching a back from K state or Indiana or whatever, (Insert power five midwest school with a three or four star RB.) If we can flip them great, if not put the ship in our pocket and move on. Miami is a lot bigger deal than anything going on in the midwest.

Number one recruit in the country and he turned out to be a bust and you want us to go grab a JAG from the same area of the country?

Is this a joke? No body can play RB in the Midwest?

My point is Bryan is as good as any JAG from the Midwest and he played for STA. Landing guys from STA can help build our program for the future whereas landing a JAG from the midwest will not.

I get that. However, Kid was a back up. Kid was passed on by erryone in Fla. Kid is not that good. I would not **** away a scholarship on him. Al Golden would, but not me. If we offer and he comes then I will welcome him.

I trust that Richt and Brown know what they want at RB. Check their resume of players, it's elite.

Advertisement
I trust that Richt and Brown know what they want at RB. Check their resume of players, it's elite.

And a couple of years ago they had Gurley, Chubb and Michel and Gurley got suspended, Chubb and Michel got hurt, and they had true frehsman, white dude Brendan Douglas running the ball. You can never have enough RBs.

Bryan is a take. Is he Elite? Maybe not, but he is no JAG either. He can play.

Our third back, coming off an injury, hasn't proven if he can really get it done as a running back. Our fourth back needs a RS year.

All this talk about next year means nothing as next year has zero guarantees. Start worrying about next year after Wednesday.
If you get to your 5th RB Bryan youre fccked and you're better off going empty or just putting Herndon in at Hback and using jet sweeps to Thomas as your run threat.

You're kind of making my point that he is a take.

I'm kind of not because if you make it to Bryan I'd rather not use him. I'd rather use a guy like Deejay as an emergency plan at RB if we lose Walton and Homer than stack another JAG on the roster for 4 years.

It isn't always about who plays in the games. We need kids like this so our 2 deep isn't playing on the scout team. Same reason why we needed another TE. The rest of the spots have good depth so we are just looking for upgrades in talent.

Our third back, coming off an injury, hasn't proven if he can really get it done as a running back. Our fourth back needs a RS year.

All this talk about next year means nothing as next year has zero guarantees. Start worrying about next year after Wednesday.
If you get to your 5th RB Bryan youre fccked and you're better off going empty or just putting Herndon in at Hback and using jet sweeps to Thomas as your run threat.

I'm kind of not because if you make it to Bryan I'd rather not use him. I'd rather use a guy like Deejay as an emergency plan at RB if we lose Walton and Homer than stack another JAG on the roster for 4 years.

I understand your point. What concerns me is taking a guy like Deejay and moving him around hasn't worked out so great for the player long term. Starting him out as say a slot receiver, moving him to RB and then back to receiver is not ideal for him or for the team. Maybe it would work out, but history proves otherwise.

Advertisement

I understand your point. What concerns me is taking a guy like Deejay and moving him around hasn't worked out so great for the player long term. Starting him out as say a slot receiver, moving him to RB and then back to receiver is not ideal for him or for the team. Maybe it would work out, but history proves otherwise.

Deejay was recruited with the idea of being a utility man who wanted to play both offense and defense. I'm not saying to start him out as the 5th team RB. I'm saying play him wherever you originally planned to play him. But if we lose our top 2 or 3 RBs move Deejay to RB on an emergency basis. He's a very smart kid who can pick things up quickly enough.

I see no benefit in wasting another spot on another JAG to be a 5th string RB. The odds of making it all the way to your 5th RB are astronomical and don't justify signing a guy like this.

Deejay was recruited with the idea of being a utility man who wanted to play both offense and defense. I'm not saying to start him out as the 5th team RB. I'm saying play him wherever you originally planned to play him. But if we lose our top 2 or 3 RBs move Deejay to RB on an emergency basis. He's a very smart kid who can pick things up quickly enough.

I see no benefit in wasting another spot on another JAG to be a 5th string RB. The odds of making it all the way to your 5th RB are astronomical and don't justify signing a guy like this.

I don't disagree, the odds of making it to our 5th back is a long shot. Who's to say Bryan would be our 5th guy? I Love Chocolate! Kid was so humble to become a Cane, I am pulling for him to make an impact; however he hasn't proven himself to this point. Burns is a RS, that is the plan for him, he needs time to heal properly and he hasn't proven he can stay healthy. With Bryan you get a guy that has played the position his whole HS career, unlike Chocolate and can argue he is more durable than Burns.

In 2011 Richt's starting two running backs for 2 games were walkons, Brandon Hardin 5'9" 174 and Kyle karempolis 5'9" 180.

Advertisement
Cmr recruited Tyshon Dye while at uga and who is now looking to transfer from Clemson as a graduate, good rb, but injury problems in the past.

Per 247 Miami has informed STA they will NOT be offering either Bryan or Epstein, but will pursue a grad transfer instead.

Smart move. Why use a 4 year scholarship on a guy who will be 5th string next year, and almost certainly be recruited over in 2018.

Give credit to this staff. Golden would've pulled another Henley and made the offer just to fill a spot

Per 247 Miami has informed STA they will NOT be offering either Bryan or Epstein, but will pursue a grad transfer instead.

Smart move. Why use a 4 year scholarship on a guy who will be 5th string next year, and almost certainly be recruited over in 2018.

Give credit to this staff. Golden would've pulled another Henley and made the offer just to fill a spot

No problem with that, its a good way to go as well. They obviously threw out interest to Davis, Bryan, and some grad transfers but obviously one of the grad transfers (Truitt/Dye) has agreed to come. If McFartland comes we don't take a grad transfer so it's likely we only had interest talks with them previously and now they probably got full on offers to come here.

This. 100.

Advertisement
Back