2017 RB Kyshaun Bryan Update -- Decommitted from USCe

What's really waste is having empty schollys. You may find a diamond in the rough. Some grow into their early 20s. If this kid is fast like he claims then why not take flyer. Choc is a liability and Burns is a wild card. Whatever the case Walton should be in a red jersey until game 1.

Advertisement
Per 247 Miami has informed STA they will NOT be offering either Bryan or Epstein, but will pursue a grad transfer instead.

Smart move. Why use a 4 year scholarship on a guy who will be 5th string next year, and almost certainly be recruited over in 2018.

Give credit to this staff. Golden would've pulled another Henley and made the offer just to fill a spot

I disagree UM has had major problems recruiting Broward County the last half decade...I'd take the Plan B with talent that attended both AH and STA highs schools to help with those schools.

I agree we should pass and not settle. We have enough athletes on the team who can fill in, if we get to that point. Prime example was Standish Dobard this past season. Kids who are willing to do what is best for the team. The canes will be fine either way!

Don't have an account anymore, but CS saying that Bryan isn't an option

So, 20 pages for nothing. Again.

Advertisement
If you get to your 5th RB Bryan youre fccked and you're better off going empty or just putting Herndon in at Hback and using jet sweeps to Thomas as your run threat.

You're kind of making my point that he is a take.

I'm kind of not because if you make it to Bryan I'd rather not use him. I'd rather use a guy like Deejay as an emergency plan at RB if we lose Walton and Homer than stack another JAG on the roster for 4 years.

I understand your point. What concerns me is taking a guy like Deejay and moving him around hasn't worked out so great for the player long term. Starting him out as say a slot receiver, moving him to RB and then back to receiver is not ideal for him or for the team. Maybe it would work out, but history proves otherwise.

Deejay was recruited with the idea of being a utility man who wanted to play both offense and defense. I'm not saying to start him out as the 5th team RB. I'm saying play him wherever you originally planned to play him. But if we lose our top 2 or 3 RBs move Deejay to RB on an emergency basis. He's a very smart kid who can pick things up quickly enough.

I see no benefit in wasting another spot on another JAG to be a 5th string RB. The odds of making it all the way to your 5th RB are astronomical and don't justify signing a guy like this.

I don't get why its so hard for people to understand this.

Another point is that every guy we get this class that wont contribute takes away from a kid that will in next years class where scholarship numbers are already limited currently. If we get someone it needs to be for 1 yr only.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're kind of making my point that he is a take.

I'm kind of not because if you make it to Bryan I'd rather not use him. I'd rather use a guy like Deejay as an emergency plan at RB if we lose Walton and Homer than stack another JAG on the roster for 4 years.

I understand your point. What concerns me is taking a guy like Deejay and moving him around hasn't worked out so great for the player long term. Starting him out as say a slot receiver, moving him to RB and then back to receiver is not ideal for him or for the team. Maybe it would work out, but history proves otherwise.

Deejay was recruited with the idea of being a utility man who wanted to play both offense and defense. I'm not saying to start him out as the 5th team RB. I'm saying play him wherever you originally planned to play him. But if we lose our top 2 or 3 RBs move Deejay to RB on an emergency basis. He's a very smart kid who can pick things up quickly enough.

I see no benefit in wasting another spot on another JAG to be a 5th string RB. The odds of making it all the way to your 5th RB are astronomical and don't justify signing a guy like this.

Another point is that every guy we get this class that wont contribute takes away from a kid that will in next years class where scholarship numbers are already limited currently. If we get someone it needs to be for 1 yr only.

Its simple logic to follow, I'm not in total disagreement; however the whole LETS WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR thing hasn't worked out so great for us in a decade.

Foolish. Grad transfers are not gonna want to come here and sit. They have 1 year to play. Miami has 1st and 2nd string RB's already. If you want depth you get a guy like Bryan. Tired of the wait till next year bull****.

Last edited:
If we don't take him he'll be playing against us at Pitt. That's not a reason to take someone but it should factor in the equation.

Its simple logic to follow, I'm not in total disagreement; however the whole LETS WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR thing hasn't worked out so great for us in a decade.

We are about to have our best recruiting class in a while. And next year is so much more stacked at skill positions, it's really not even close. But again we will only have like 13 guys graduating next yr so we barely will be able to get a full class. And that'll only happen if we cut henley, Langham, etc

Advertisement
Everybody needs to calm down, the coaches know what they are doing let's just trust them for a change. This is not Al Golden so let's not treat CMR like that...He did something Al couldn't do...like win and win a bowl game..We will win the coastal next year and kick *** in the ACC Championship...by 2019 we will be in the football playoffs with a great chance to win it all..so let's sit back relax and enjoy the ride....God knows if Al was here we would be under 500 with the same talent.

We are about to have our best recruiting class in a while. And next year is so much more stacked at skill positions, it's really not even close. But again we will only have like 13 guys graduating next yr so we barely will be able to get a full class. And that'll only happen if we cut henley, Langham, etc

Don't worry about numbers. There will always be attrition and guys leaving early. We ain't turning away great talent next year because of schollie limits. lol. There are at least a dozen kids that could leave early for various reasons before 2018 starts.

Henley
McCray
Mayes
Jackson
Knowles
Wright
Haskins
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Mahoney
Milo
Jahair
Langham
Shirreffs

Advertisement

Don't worry about numbers. There will always be attrition and guys leaving early. We ain't turning away great talent next year because of schollie limits. lol. There are at least a dozen kids that could leave early for various reasons before 2018 starts.

Henley
McCray
Mayes
Jackson
Knowles
Wright
Haskins
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Mahoney
Milo
Jahair
Langham
Shirreffs
[MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION]

please verify this list

Henley
McCray
Mayes
Jackson
Knowles
Wright
Haskins
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Mahoney
Milo
Jahair
Langham
Shirreffs

I understand, I've already gone through the list before and crossed most the guys you have off. I doubt sherriffs leaves though, maybe rosier. And Haskins isn't leaving unless he ***** up again. The problem is how often do 15 guys that aren't graduating leave in one offseason? Again we only have 13 seniors graduating. 13 plus the 15 you listed getting the boot/declaring early is 25. But again what are the chances 15 guys leave in 1 offseason.

Advertisement
Back