2017 RB Kyshaun Bryan Update -- Decommitted from USCe

Advertisement
This guy backed up a *** at RB. Hard pass. Why not go get the *** instead?

Just my opinion, but I think there was favoritism there. Bryan transferred in from American Heritage.

I thought STA made a big mistake by not playing him more against Gorman.

I thought 99% of STA transferred in. Have they ever showed favoritism? Or did they show it to the 1 guy who was there all along?

Pretty sure Epstein transferred in from Cypress Bay.

I believe he had already been at STA a year while rehabbing an injury.

Clearly, the coaches think Bryan is the better player. They could be wrong, but I agree with them. The Gorman game exposed Epstein a bit IMO.

Epstein is a decent player, I think Bryant's tape is definitely better.

Go on (I'm serious, I didn't watch a second of STA this year). How did he compile the very impressive stats I posted above? His measureables, stats, etc, scream 4 star and bigger offers.

He is a good player in a great offense. Epstein can run-- he proved that against Booker T -- but I don't see the suddenness and burst of Bryan.

Maybe that's just an inherent bias. But that's what I see, and apparently Brown sees the same thing.

Well said, the suddenness is what's missing...

The last bordeline sta back we didn't recruit was james white? And the kid that went to the tar heels and now plays in the league

Advertisement
The last bordeline sta back we didn't recruit was james white? And the kid that went to the tar heels and now plays in the league

Are you saying Gio Bernard was borderline? The kid was a stud from peewee to the pros and everybody recruited him.

This guy backed up a *** at RB. Hard pass. Why not go get the *** instead?

Just my opinion, but I think there was favoritism there. Bryan transferred in from American Heritage.

I thought 99% of STA transferred in. Have they ever showed favoritism? Or did they show it to the 1 guy who was there all along?

Clearly, the coaches think Bryan is the better player. They could be wrong, but I agree with them. The Gorman game exposed Epstein a bit IMO.

Sometimes the backup is better then the starter. Look at Yearby and Walton. Yearby is better but Walton is a coaches favorite.

Advertisement

Sometimes the backup is better then the starter. Look at Yearby and Walton. Yearby is better but Walton is a coaches favorite.

How about cook / yearby.

Are you saying Gio Bernard was borderline? The kid was a stud from peewee to the pros and everybody recruited him.

If he was so good( which everyone knows now) why did uf, fsu, Mia not recruit him heavily. ???

James white went to Wisco, Gio to UNC after flipping from ND he was a stud.

How many stars?

What is the South Florida sliding scale comparison of him vs other running backs?

If he was so good( which everyone knows now) why did uf, fsu, Mia not recruit him heavily. ???

James white went to Wisco, Gio to UNC after flipping from ND he was a stud.

Yea we know now. Mia, uf , and fsu did not recruit him heavily. Same as white. This kid fits the mold imo sign him.

Advertisement

I wasn't talking about college. I was talking about high school. Everybody knew he was a future pro and everyone recruited him. As usual back in those days, STA won that one.

If you havent offered him less than a week before signing day, you dont really want him. So take that scholly and offer linguard's cousin. Go all in on him and two more 2018 rbs.

This.

After being shafted by McFarland and the bag game if I'm coach Richt I'm giving Tweed a call and telling him his boy is in if it guarantees Lingard.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I wasn't talking about college. I was talking about high school. Everybody knew he was a future pro and everyone recruited him. As usual back in those days, STA won that one.

Soo, you telling me the big three recruited him hard?because as you said, everyone knew he was a future pro. But he choose Carolina?
I'll lie to my friends, you lie to your friends, but let's don't lie to each other.

Soo, you telling me the big three recruited him hard?because as you said, everyone knew he was a future pro. But he choose Carolina?
I'll lie to my friends, you lie to your friends, but let's don't lie to each other.

All the colleges wanted Gio, too. Gio wanted to get away from home and go somewhere with a good academic reputation. Not every highly rated player will stay close to home. No matter how hard the local schools recruit him.

K. Bryan looks fine to me. Played better comp than McFarland so his highlights aren't as surreal. Seems to have decent vision. Runs well in between the tackles. He doesn't have the acceleration of a Cook, and that may be the biggest knock on him, but his top speed is fast enough. He doesn't break a ton of tackles, but he runs slippery and will run through an arm tackle. As in, he seems to take good angles and naturally avoids big hits when possible. Portis was a natural at that, although Portis obviously is well, Portis, just saying running "slippery" is the comparison here, not comparing the two.

McFarland played against good competition. They played one of the best teams in VA in Oscar Smith, Josh Sweat's HS, they went up to PA to play a playoff team in Harrisburg, they beat McDonough, ranked #5 in Maryland, a Baltimore power private school, they played Gonzaga in DC, their biggest rival who was ranked #6 in MD (they play in MD league because DC is DC), they beat St. Johns who was #2 in MD to win the title and St Johns beat Delray American Heritage 42-9.

He did all that on a broken leg?

Ok, then I'll look at last year's schedule. I bet it was the same or similar.

Edit: MUCH TOUGHER

Miami Central (killed them)
American Heritage (beat them)
St Johns (twice)
Gonzaga
Archbishop Carroll (DC)
LaSalle, PA (#4 in PA)

Their 2014 schedule was tough. Point being, he wasn't playing against 5-6, 150 white kids in Idaho.

Forgive me if i'm wrong but i thought i've seen it as a common misconception that he killed central when in fact he had like 2 carries. I think it was some other RB.

I said they killed Central. I'm discounting this idea that because he's not from South Florida, he played against stiffs.

Advertisement
Back