2017 RB Kyshaun Bryan Update -- Decommitted from USCe

Advertisement
I don't mind this kid, and if you are looking for quickness and explosiveness...he may not be Macfarland, but he does have those qualities and is a better option than Epstein if that's what you are looking for.

And wouldn't read too much into him being 2nd string...He put up numbers at AH for 3 seasons, and didn't transfer to STA until last minute. Kid can play...I would have no problem with passing, but he can play.

This guy backed up a *** at RB. Hard pass. Why not go get the *** instead?

Unleash the Jericho missile

Israel Tests Jericho Series Jericho III intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) Shavit space.jpg

Advertisement
This is why in the other thread I said, if they knew yesterday and they wanted this guy why didn't they contact him last night and try and get him for an OV this weekend, and to skip Iowa?

Sounds like they didn't know yesterday. Pete told us this morning he was gone, which is probably when the staff found out.

So because Pete didn't say something until today they didn't know? Here is info from another person who knows the situation...

Reason why I said I respect the jit was because he called UM yesterday around 6 and told them he was going to Maryland and putting on for his hometown. He didnt drag it out till signing and Brown had ample time to find another Back to offer.

So again the question stands, if you knew yesterday and you knew Bryan was an option you wanted to explore why not contact him and see if you could get the last OV instead of Iowa?

Maybe that person is just BSing like most "recruiting insiders"?

I don't see the point in bringing in a JAG just for the sake of having bodies. Since we now have a scholly open why are we just limiting our search to RB?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Asked this in the Mac thread:

Any good? I honestly know nothing except that he's a 3 star committed to South Carolina that 247 thinks is going to Oregon State and from I've heard has committable (I hate that word) offers from Iowa, Duke and Pitt.

Do it . Kid's got talent from what my limited eyes can see . I bet and hope he is a cane on Wed.

Advertisement
K. Bryan looks fine to me. Played better comp than McFarland so his highlights aren't as surreal. Seems to have decent vision. Runs well in between the tackles. He doesn't have the acceleration of a Cook, and that may be the biggest knock on him, but his top speed is fast enough. He doesn't break a ton of tackles, but he runs slippery and will run through an arm tackle. As in, he seems to take good angles and naturally avoids big hits when possible. Portis was a natural at that, although Portis obviously is well, Portis, just saying running "slippery" is the comparison here, not comparing the two.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hard pass. Pursuing Golden-level backup plans only makes an already bad situation worse.

Have to land a Chubb/Michel-level haul next year. This staff should be capable of that with the opportunity 2018 RB recruits will have to earn early playing time.

This guy backed up a *** at RB. Hard pass. Why not go get the *** instead?

Just my opinion, but I think there was favoritism there. Bryan transferred in from American Heritage.

I thought STA made a big mistake by not playing him more against Gorman.

This is why in the other thread I said, if they knew yesterday and they wanted this guy why didn't they contact him last night and try and get him for an OV this weekend, and to skip Iowa?

Sounds like they didn't know yesterday. Pete told us this morning he was gone, which is probably when the staff found out.

So because Pete didn't say something until today they didn't know? Here is info from another person who knows the situation...

Reason why I said I respect the jit was because he called UM yesterday around 6 and told them he was going to Maryland and putting on for his hometown. He didnt drag it out till signing and Brown had ample time to find another Back to offer.

So again the question stands, if you knew yesterday and you knew Bryan was an option you wanted to explore why not contact him and see if you could get the last OV instead of Iowa?

Maybe that person is just BSing like most "recruiting insiders"?

Not at all, he knows exactly what happened.

Advertisement
Back