“There aint a RB in Miami History better than me” - Shady Mccoy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thats how athletes talk and supposed to think, especially if they lit on some substance, lol.. This is a nothing burger but will get clicks from nerds..
Add in retired ones with literally nothing to talk about other than their glory days

Like the old heads at the gym telling you how much they used to bench

Advertisement
Add in retired ones with literally nothing to talk about other than their glory days

Like the old heads at the gym telling you how much they used to bench

1641875702686.png

Advertisement
If we’re talking college only:
Edgerrin James
Willis McGahee
Clinton Portis
Duke Johnson
>>>>>>>>>>
LeSean McCoy

If we’re talking NFL only:
Frank Gore
Edgerrin James
>>>>>>>>>
LeSean McCoy

I’ll take Portis over him in the pro’s too. He played longer but both had the same amount of 1k seasons. I also saw Portis be successful in to drastically different offenses.

I tend to grade Denver RB’s on a curve because Mike Shanahan’s Zone run system mainly made RB’s look much better than they actually were.

Portis was a great RB, so not trying to take anything away from him, but I think McCoy was better in the NFL than him.

The reason why Shady played more games than Clinton is because he was better longer, Clinton had a 9 year career because he eventually just didn’t have it anymore, while Shady was still serviceable until 2018.

I felt this was overstated. They kept a good running game but outside of Terrell Davis no was else was as dynamic and consistent as Portis in that system. Portis went to WAS and still gave you four more 1k seasons in that ground and pound offense. Did WAS try to run the west coast too? I felt Shady was fortunate to play with Andy Reid.

Advertisement
McCoy has over 11000 rushing yards, so big props to him.

His overall statement... phew.

But I am not sure if I would take Portis over him in terms of NFL careers. Their averages are similar. Depends on the scheme, really, because both guys were excellent.

I tend to grade Denver RB’s on a curve because Mike Shanahan’s Zone run system mainly made RB’s look much better than they actually were.

Portis was a great RB, so not trying to take anything away from him, but I think McCoy was better in the NFL than him.

The reason why Shady played more games than Clinton is because he was better longer, Clinton had a 9 year career because he eventually just didn’t have it anymore, while Shady was still serviceable until 2018.
It made a particular style of RB look better than they actually were.

He also put up 1.5k yards in that system each year, so he was excelling. He'd be in the Hall now if he hadn't been traded for Champ.

I grew up an hour from where be played high school ball & work based out of Harrisburg now. Shady was the greatest thing since sliced bread back in his prep days. He’s seems so salty he didn’t get to go to UM. Like a kid lashing out, Shady was nice but come on now. Case in point when we are rolling we can come up North & cherry pick some studs.

Advertisement
Back