“There aint a RB in Miami History better than me” - Shady Mccoy

Advertisement
Arguement can be made for Clinton also in NFL. Lesean played close to 60 more games and Clinton has 2 more TDs but Lesean has around 1200 more yards.. Clinton Denver years were ELITE..

Clinton stays in Denver & he’s a HOFer. I’ve said that numerous times. And Clint was cheated out of a couple of pro bowl nods.

If we’re talking college only:
Edgerrin James
Willis McGahee
Clinton Portis
Duke Johnson
>>>>>>>>>>
LeSean McCoy

If we’re talking NFL only:
Frank Gore
Edgerrin James
>>>>>>>>>
LeSean McCoy
I think that’s the right order from a NFL career standpoint. Shady in his prime was a cheat code, but the longevity from Gore and consistency of Edge was just different.

Not sure if you could call it "as a Miami Hurricane", as he never actually enrolled at UM. May have been on campus to meet with Admissions and try to plead his case. What is funny about the picture, though, is that it was taken months after Signing Day, which kind of rebuts the guys who claim "there was no chance in **** Shady was ever coming to UM".

Although I was joking around about the SAT being the only barrier to Shady enrolling at UM, there were definitely some efforts to work around the impediments. Uphill and failed efforts, but efforts nonetheless.
True, I was just referring to him being committed to Miami, but here is an old article that explains a little of his situation...

"McCoy was rumored to be Penn State bound all through 2005. Internet rumor stated during his official visit to Penn State he got in a fight with Michael Robinson which led him to commit to Miami. But either his grades or his SAT scores prevented him from enrolling, so he attended prep school for a year in 2006 to get his grades up.

With Larry Coker on the hot seat all season McCoy reopened his recruiting."

Advertisement
Arguement can be made for Clinton also in NFL. Lesean played close to 60 more games and Clinton has 2 more TDs but Lesean has around 1200 more yards.. Clinton Denver years were ELITE..
I would roll with this.

1641858451376.gif

Advertisement
Gore, Davenport and Mcgahee weren't the same guys after horrible injuries . Which makes Gore even crazier. On straight talent he's nowhere In their stratosphere. In the pros he still couldn't touch Gore or Edge.
I know most will disagree with me, had Najeh not got hurt, he would have been the best back we ever had. He was a freak, I think people forget that.

Advertisement
Lesean McCoy was pretty ******* dope in the NFL. At the end of the day all these guys were talking about are greats. Edge and Frank were clearly on a superior level in the NFL and that's going to be evident by the fact EDGE is already in HOF and Frank clearly will be.

But there's definitely a good debate between Shady vs Clinton. I think Shady has the clear edge over Willis though.

Advertisement
Shady was good but not all time. The one we could have had that hurts to this day is Marshall Faulk. Blame Dennis Erickson for that one.
I thought he went elsewhere because he was afraid to fly? Might be getting him mixed up with Ladanian Tomlinson, who was a huge Canes fan too.

Advertisement
Back