Duke Johnson
>>>>>>>>>>
LeSean McCoy

If we’re talking NFL only:
Frank Gore
Edgerrin James
>>>>>>>>>
LeSean McCoy
Arguement can be made for Clinton also in NFL. Lesean played close to 60 more games and Clinton has 2 more TDs but Lesean has around 1200 more yards.. Clinton Denver years were ELITE..

lol Shady was nice in his day stat wise he may have McGahee and Portis, but James and Gore? Nahhhh

Shady: 170 games, 2,457 rushes, 11,102 yards (4.5ypc) 73 td; 518 catches 3,898 yrds, 16 TD, totaled 15,000 yards from scrimmage

McGahee: 142 games, 2,095 rushes 8,474 yards (4.0) 65 TD; 210 catches 1,339 yds 5TD totaled 9,813 yards

Portis: 113 games 2,230 rushes, 9,923 yards (4.4) 75 TD; 247 catches 2,018 yards 5td; totaled 11,941 yards from scrimmage

James: 148 games 3,028 rushes, 12,246 (4.0) 80 TD; 433 catches, 3,364 yds 11td; 15,610 yards from scrimmage

Gore: 241 games (LOL) 3,735 rushes, 16,000 yards (4.3) 81 TD; 484 catches, 3,985 yds, 18 TD, 19,985 scrimmage yards

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lmao y’all gata realize ain’t nooooooo rightful minded competitor will ever admit that someone else is better than them. If he would’ve admitted that they were, I would’ve looked at him different. Straight up!

Now as far as if he’s telling the truth, lmao **** naw…but he still gets props for standing his ground in a room full of guys with Miami/FL ties

This was the first signing class that I was Extremely Online for (shout out Stanford dorms high speed internet, shout out Canestime) and I remember a roughly 12 month propaganda campaign after where we convinced ourselves McCoy wasn't as good as Cooper because Coop started over him at Milford.

Advertisement
No..I followed his recruitment. He never had a shot of getting in here, beyond SATs.

In case you can't tell, I'm joking around. I've been posting since the 90s, I know full well what was going on with McCoy's recruitment and commit. It was a huge (and unexpected) shocker when he announced, and Miami wasn't even prepared for it.

As for his academics, ****, I posted with great frequency on issues such as core curriculum, core GPA, and replacement (correspondence) courses. And academics weren't even the only issue with McCoy.

I was there at the time. I remember. I do think it would have been interesting if we had maintained the recruiting efforts over the next 18-24 months, but we disengaged. Let's not forget (not you, but other posters), that was 2 years after the Willie Williams debacle.

Arguement can be made for Clinton also in NFL. Lesean played close to 60 more games and Clinton has 2 more TDs but Lesean has around 1200 more yards.. Clinton Denver years were ELITE..
I tend to grade Denver RB’s on a curve because Mike Shanahan’s Zone run system mainly made RB’s look much better than they actually were.

Portis was a great RB, so not trying to take anything away from him, but I think McCoy was better in the NFL than him.

The reason why Shady played more games than Clinton is because he was better longer, Clinton had a 9 year career because he eventually just didn’t have it anymore, while Shady was still serviceable until 2018.

I took this picture back in April 2006, at Alumni day and if you look closely to the right, you'll see Shady McCoy walking off of Greentree probably for the last time as a Miami Hurricane
Screenshot_20220110-182342_Facebook.jpg

Advertisement
I took this picture back in April 2006, at Alumni day and if you look closely to the right, you'll see Shady McCoy walking off of Greentree probably for the last time as a Miami Hurricane
View attachment 171672

Not sure if you could call it "as a Miami Hurricane", as he never actually enrolled at UM. May have been on campus to meet with Admissions and try to plead his case. What is funny about the picture, though, is that it was taken months after Signing Day, which kind of rebuts the guys who claim "there was no chance in **** Shady was ever coming to UM".

Although I was joking around about the SAT being the only barrier to Shady enrolling at UM, there were definitely some efforts to work around the impediments. Uphill and failed efforts, but efforts nonetheless.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back