“There aint a RB in Miami History better than me” - Shady Mccoy

Hey Shady,
rick james cocaine GIF

Advertisement
I might be biased because hes from my hometown but i also like to talk to facts if you look up both career stats. Shady and Edge....its closer than what you guys might think. I'll say that

NFL wise

Advertisement
Lesean McCoy was pretty ******* dope in the NFL. At the end of the day all these guys were talking about are greats. Edge and Frank were clearly on a superior level in the NFL and that's going to be evident by the fact EDGE is already in HOF and Frank clearly will be.

But there's definitely a good debate between Shady vs Clinton. I think Shady has the clear edge over Willis though.
Not Pre OSU injury. If that injury doesn't happen McGahee would have been unstoppable in the NFL.

I'm an EDGE guy but also think Gore was the most talented.

I might be biased because hes from my hometown but i also like to talk to facts if you look up both career stats. Shady and Edge....its closer than what you guys might think. I'll say that

NFL wise
Shady: 170 games, 2,457 rushes, 11,102 yards (4.5ypc) 73 td; 518 catches 3,898 yrds, 16 TD, totaled 15,000 yards from scrimmage

James: 148 games 3,028 rushes, 12,246 (4.0) 80 TD; 433 catches, 3,364 yds 11td; 15,610 yards from scrimmage

James played in 22 less games. Also compare Edge's Team's passing attack to the teams Shady was on.

Shady: 170 games, 2,457 rushes, 11,102 yards (4.5ypc) 73 td; 518 catches 3,898 yrds, 16 TD, totaled 15,000 yards from scrimmage

James: 148 games 3,028 rushes, 12,246 (4.0) 80 TD; 433 catches, 3,364 yds 11td; 15,610 yards from scrimmage

James played in 22 less games. Also compare Edge's Team's passing attack to the teams Shady was on.

Brotha by no means am i saying he was better than edge. HAHAH but ppl were making it seem like Shady was a bum thats all.

Advertisement
Willie cooper
Willie Coop got shot in the ***, TWICE. First time, he made the game saving interception against Duke and died at like the 10 yard line lulz

Then he literally got shot in the *** during that burglary when Brandish Meriweather pulled his pistol out and saved everyone.

Remind me again which rushing category he's in the top 3 for?

Career rushing yards? No, Frank Gore is at #3 though.
Career carries? No,, but again Frank Gore is at #3.
Rookie RB touchdowns? No, but Clinton Portis is in a 4 way tie at #2.
Rookie rushin attempts? No, but Edgerrin James is at #3.

Advertisement

Edge played for the **** Colts most of his career...

Also never forget that the following year we could have had him here but it was decided that Coop was better by the coaching staff. 🤦‍♂️ It was simply a health issue and not a talent issue.

I don't think it was "the coaching staff" that made that decision, as much as it was "UM porsters" who did.

McCoy ended up picking Pitt in January 2007. He was one of 4 RB signees for Pitt, though he was the highest rated.

Miami's 2007 signing class was Graig Cooper and...Shawnbrey McNeal and Lee Chambers, both of whom were lower-rated than McCoy. McCoy was bigger than all three, and would have been a very potent "thunder-and-lightning" backfield when paired with Cooper.

Let's not forget, Miami's 2006 commit list was...Cooper and McNeal (both of whom did not qualify for 2006) and Javarris Jackson and Kylan Robinson.

In 2005, we only signed the enormous Jerrell Mabry.

And in 2004, we signed Charlie Jones, Derron Thomas, Andrew Johnson, and Bobby Washington (never qualified at UM).

So by 2007, we definitely had room for McCoy IF WE HAD STAYED ON TOP OF HIM AND KEPT RECRUITING HIM.

As has been shown via photograph, another poster has proof that McCoy was on the UM campus in April 2006, so we clearly wanted him at that point. And he prepped with Cooper, who eventually made it back to UM in 2007. Yes, McCoy had some behavioral issues too, but I do believe that if Miami had continued to recruit McCoy hard, we could have gotten him back by early 2007.

But, yes, in that early stage of the Interwebz, Miami fans continued to circulate the myths that McCoy never had a shot of coming to UM (untrue) and that we "only" needed Cooper and didn't need McCoy (untrue, different styles of running back), even though we toon McNeal and Chambers in 2007.

Advertisement
LOL! He was prone to fumble. I remember watching him fumble thrice at the goal line in one game while playing at Pitt on TV. Most definitely we got some RBs which are 1000X better than him.

He’s better than Clinton and Willie but there’s no way he’s better than Edge and Frank. I’ve watched them both snatch the ankles of some of the best Backers in history with one cut.

I was with you for your first sentence, but if you're second one is the measuring stick then you have to put McCoy above all our guys except Gore. There's hardly anyone in history (other than Barry Sanders) who could snatch ankles like Shady. McCoy and Gore were unbelievable talents, both just a notch below Barry imo.

Advertisement
Back