Zion Nelson, OT, Sumter HS (SC)

Advertisement
Who says he’s lower level talent? He looks like a 2 star to you? Just bc the rating guys think he’s lower level talent means nothing. Use your eyes and judge what type of talent you think this kid is.. it’s **** sho higher than 2 stars imo.

I didn’t say he was a lower talent. I was responding to a question of why posters aren’t high on him. Check the beginning of this post. I was one of the first to review his film and say he plays like a higher caliber player.

Advertisement
I heard where he is 270 pounds now Up from 240 when he arrived and carrying the 270 easy.
How long it is until he can contribute as a tackle is unknown but one thing his dedication to the S&C program cannot be disregarded. The way he is gaining it would not be surprising by the summer he is 285-290. At that weight at 6'6" he has the size and muscle to get some learning reps during the year under the new red-shirt rule.

My advice: find somewhere else to plant your flag. I think he's going to end up being a player here
#1 It’s a joke.
#2 Nobody has any idea if he’s going to be a player yet. How many times have you seen him play? All you’ve heard is what UM beat reporters that have no clue have told you.
#3 I don’t need your advice...thanks anyway.

Advertisement
A kid gets 2nd team reps in the spring and all of a sudden he goes from a hopeless project to a diamond in the rough. Gotta love this place.
actually people told me they are surprised by him but he has a long way to go with s&c

actually people told me they are surprised by him but he has a long way to go with s&c
Let’s be real. We all Zion to be a stud. Nobody here knows anything YET. That’s all I’m saying. Let’s at least wait until the scrimmages to start annoiting guys. I’m guessing Zion is redshirting at his weight regardless. Maybe Enos will put Zion, Brown, and Nesta’s grad ***** on the Bama supplements this summer lol. We can make the playoffs with a good OL this year.

Let’s be real. We all Zion to be a stud. Nobody here knows anything YET. That’s all I’m saying. Let’s at least wait until the scrimmages to start annoiting guys. I’m guessing Zion is redshirting at his weight regardless. Maybe Enos will put Zion, Brown, and Nesta’s grad ***** on the Bama supplements this summer lol. We can make the playoffs with a good OL this year.
i dont see him not redshirting, i was just told he has been a pleasant surprise.

Advertisement

Oh, no, LOL.....don't avail yourself to this fantasy.

On Saturday, with the first team, we saw early enrollee Zion Nelson and largely unproven Kai-Leon Herbert at left and right tackle, respectively, sophomore D.J. Scaife and redshirt freshman Cleveland Reed at guard and Navaughn Donaldson filling in for Corey Gaynor at center.

Nelson has really come on strong, enough so that Scaife was shifted to guard Saturday.

“I got here same day Zion got here,” Enos said. “I said, ‘Who’s that?’ They said, ‘Zion, he’s a freshman.’ I’m like, ‘He’ll probably be good in a few years.’ He has excellent athletic ability, very tough. To be honest with you, the guy has put him in position to be in the first group if he continues to get better and stronger and learn.

“He’s put on a bunch of weight since I’ve got here. I can’t say enough [good things] about him. It’s asking a lot as a freshmen but he’s responded in a very good way.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article229182234.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back