Zion Nelson, OT, Sumter HS (SC)

Agree with both possibilities (Nelson real deal, Herbert possible bum)...and like the poster above said the fact Scaiffe is inside makes me lean to the fact this kid as AT LEAST a shot to be an all ACC type sooner or later.
Agree totally, I think Hebert was ovverrated because he went to Heritage... Zion was picked for his athleticism..most LT get beat because they cant get out of thier stance quick enough.. AT the same time id be surprised if We are not running behind ZIon on 3rd and 1. Glad we picked Campbell I was gonna be worried about Barry if he started Hebert

Advertisement
He did beat out Kai-Leon Herbert, who is a four-star tackle in his third year. Maybe that’s an indictment on Herbert, but most teams in FBS don’t have any four-star tackles.
From what I heard this afternoon, there's only one in the Coastal not playing for the Canes. Thanks @DMoney and Coach Duasso on the CIS Podcast.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The kid is built like a DE with the long arms and very quick feet for an OL and seems to have good balance-things you cant teach. Only problem for now is, he is just to light. If he puts on 40 lbs we good.
Yeah, but that'll take years to put on 40 lbs.

Richt will be fired before this kid earns a snap.

Then the next coach with ask him to transfer.

It’s over for this staff. You can’t spin this take as positive.

If we have no OC and elite DC in place by signing day ... Richt just might be gone next season.
Yeah, I'm sure Manny wants to push him out...wasting a scholarship and all that.

Yes we were all so silly for doubting the take of a 240 lb OL committed to App State in the middle of Richtirement.

Sure. OK and reasonable to doubt under the circumstances. But should also realize that there are so many surprises. These are kids 18-22, often still growing. A lot can change with nutrition, S&C, natural growth. We've seen it happen before. So many kids at Miami over the years who developed after high school.

This kid had a lot of plus attributes: length, twitchiness, frame. Developmental but a lot to work with. The surprise is that it's happened so fast.

I wish we had gotten Kennedy earlier, he could use a couple of years with Feely.

Advertisement
Advertisement
At least you're admitting that you had no idea what you were talking about before. It's good to know going forward.
AS were we all, the only ones that were championing this croot were the guys who champion every croot... Facts. Glad to be proven wrong once every blue moon, but lets not make a habit out of crooting 230 pound Offensive Tackles that only other offers were Appalachian State, if you saw the potential cheers to you!!

giphy.gif

AS were we all, the only ones that were championing this croot were the guys who champion every croot... Facts. Glad to be proven wrong once every blue moon, but lets not make a habit out of crooting 230 pound Offensive Tackles that only other offers were Appalachian State, if you saw the potential cheers to you!!

giphy.gif

I just keep my mouth shut if I don't know what I'm talking about. Didn't see Zion play so I didn't comment.

Zion is playing for his team and family at home , not US we were against him from the very start our attitude towards him motivates him to prove his Cane fly by night fans WRONG.

Don't think for a moment he didn't read and hear how Cane fans DID NOT WANT HIM HERE.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back