Zion Nelson is athletic!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has there ever been a more polarizing prospect than Zion Nelson in recent history?

First he was being dragged on here for being 240 and a 2 star.
Now ppl are so obsessed with his athletic potential and how he looks physically. All before he's played in a single game.

What stands out to me is the coordination on the windmill. He just looks like an athlete.

No argument on his athleticism, D. I am cautiously optimistic that the coaches found a diamond in the rough. ... But can Nelson hold the line as a true freshman like Henderson and Flowers were able to? Winston didn't move from TE to OT until his sophomore year. ACC pass rushers are among the best in college. Hard to have the combination of balance and power to stop them so young and inexperienced.

No argument on his athleticism, D. I am cautiously optimistic that the coaches found a diamond in the rough. ... But can Nelson hold the line as a true freshman like Henderson and Flowers were able to? Winston didn't move from TE to OT until his sophomore year. ACC pass rushers are among the best in college. Hard to have the combination of balance and power to stop them so young and inexperienced.

The best comparison as a freshman would be Jason Fox. That would be a win IMO.

Advertisement
6’5 and got stuffed by the rim. Athletic 6’5 dudes get up over the cylinder.

C’mon Chise! Cut the big boy some slack! Lol

He did a full windmill. Brought the ball down around his nut sack and still threw it down.

You don’t usually see guys that big do those type moves.

Good in the run game. He has power.

Inconsistent in pass protection like any freshman. I don’t think his high school passed much.

So he at least is physical at the point of attack. That’s a good sign.

With his athleticism, we just waiting for him to get his pass protection technique down.

Still, making a little noise in the run game as an early enrollee ain’t nothing to sneeze at.

Advertisement
The more I hear about this kid, the more impressed I am.

He came in as a true freshman and took the spot most had penciled in for an underwhelming grad transfer who had a good amount of interest from p5 schools.

The way people was talking, you would think Zion would be the one getting physically dominated and Kennedy the first team reps. Hasn’t been the case, though.

Yeah, if we could get a Jason Fox year out of him this season, that would be enough for Enos to use all the plays in his playbook. Would be an amazing find by Searels. I've been down on this kid from from the get-go (not because of his stars, don't give a **** about that, but because I didn't like his tape or his weight). I would be ecstatic if he turns into a hidden gem.

Yeah, if we could get a Jason Fox year out of him this season, that would be enough for Enos to use all the plays in his playbook. Would be an amazing find by Searels. I've been down on this kid from from the get-go (not because of his stars, don't give a **** about that, but because I didn't like his tape or his weight). I would be ecstatic if he turns into a hidden gem.

Time for Barry to work his magic.

That windmill shows Zion has potential for good hands.

Advertisement
Kolton Miller is pretty **** athletic too, remember Bruce Campbell? As much as I am excited for this kid, athleticism doesn’t always translate, being a successful Tackle is all about technique and the kid is raw. I have faith in Butchy tho. Let’s go!

Go to any basketball park in NYC or the NJ cities and you will find tons of fat dudes throwing it down. Tons of them are over 250 while under 6'5. A lot of them never even played on an official sports team because of grades.

Schit I ballooned up from 210lbs to close to 250 when I first got my job at just under 6'2 and I was still able to dunk.

Exactly. There are millions of 6’5 dudes who aren’t rail thin who can dunk. That dude must have never heard of Charles Barkley either. He was about 6’3 and 270 and could get it.

Being 6’5 and not being able to dunk a basketball is criminal.

Ivins reported yesterday at the camp that Zion has put on some good wieght since spring. I think he was reported at 274 then, he must be in the 280's now. If nothing else this dude is putting in the work.

Advertisement
Back