Zion Nelson is athletic!

Advertisement
I'm the only guy on here that hasn't jumped on the ZN bandwagon. Happy for the kid. And I do think he has the attitude and athleticism to be decent at Miami at some point. But I'm dismayed we need to resort to any true freshman to man a tackle spot, much less one that weighed 230 lbs going into his senior year and didn't look technically sound in his HUDL highlights.

I'm the only guy on here that hasn't jumped on the ZN bandwagon. Happy for the kid. And I do think he has the attitude and athleticism to be decent at Miami at some point. But I'm dismayed we need to resort to any true freshman to man a tackle spot, much less one that weighed 230 lbs going into his senior year and didn't look technically sound in his HUDL highlights.

I hear you, and that is on the coaches for not recruiting and developing quality OTs. I’m hoping the new staff has a much better focus on OTs.

That said, let’s not hold the failures of the staff against this kid. I think he can be special. He’s about as athletically gifted of any OT I’ve seen. He needs development but I’m hopeful he can make the leap.

He’s a helluva find.

I’m hoping the Celtics do like Toronto did with Leonard and take the chance they can sign him.They can get a much better package from them.
Welp. Lakers traded lonzo, Josh hart, Ingram, and 3 first round picks, including the 4th pick. Lakers gonna Laker.

Advertisement
Wtf kind of trade is that. I understand AD is really good but... seems like New Orleans just won the lottery!
Lakers had all trade leverage. They just had to hold out. Pelicans are going to be good. Zion, jrue, lonzo, ingram, hart off the bench, the 4th pick. Whoever gets the star usually wins the trade. Lakers done F'd up

Welp. Lakers traded lonzo, Josh hart, Ingram, and 3 first round picks, including the 4th pick. Lakers gonna Laker.

Well I wish they’d have gotten Kuzmas but there’s enough there to build through the draft of use the picks for trade.Up to Griffin to do his thing.Hope he doesn’t fck it up.

Advertisement
Your concerns are justified. Let's wait and see. Keep our fingers crossed. Good coaching and hard work can do a lot.

Well I wish they’d have gotten Kuzmas but there’s enough there to build through the draft of use the picks for trade.Up to Griffin to do his thing.Hope he doesn’t fck it up.
He's been pretty good as as a GM I think. Just dont f up the draft evals.

Advertisement
Size is over rated...JJ had smallish OL, Erickson went with the big boys but the biggies were slow and since Toretta was tough as nails he took the beating but kept on winning.

Advertisement
The thing I noticed he does not have those pipe-stem arms and underdeveloped shoulders as his high school Hudl film show. The weight gain to 280 or more had been good as size and power is there and athleticism has been kept.

At 280lbs??? Name me some..I’ll wait..and I don’t think he is 6’5 either.

Go to any basketball park in NYC or the NJ cities and you will find tons of fat dudes throwing it down. Tons of them are over 250 while under 6'5. A lot of them never even played on an official sports team because of grades.

Schit I ballooned up from 210lbs to close to 250 when I first got my job at just under 6'2 and I was still able to dunk.

Advertisement
Back