Yulkieth Brown

Give me Brashard Smith over Brown any day!!! We can’t continue to get WR under 6’0 and if we have to chose one of them... it’s Smith by a landslide. Easily!!!!!

Advertisement
The question shouldn’t be Brown over Brashard. It should be why we aren’t dropping Curtis for Him

I think Rumph should recruit him as a CB and drop Malik Curtis
YO WHY DO YALL KEEP SAYING DROP THIS KID? THE ONLY PERSON I SAW SO FAR IN THIS CLASS. THAT LOOKS THAT EXPLOSIVE IS ALEXIS. THIS DUDE LOOKS LIKE HE HAS WHEELS. WE CANT AFFORD THAT. HAS ANYONE NOTCIED HOW SLOW WE LOOKED THE PAST COUPLE YEARS? THIS THE U AND WE WERE ALWAYS THE FASTEST TEAM ON THE FIELD. ITS TIME TO GET BACK TO THOSE DAYS.

Advertisement
YO IM SERIOUS. DROP WHAT MAYBE THE FASTEST DUDE IN THE CLASS SO FAR. SMH
Curtis is not the fastest dude at all and he is just being recruited to add speed to the CB room, which is retarded. UM needs to drop him and add someone better, just not for Yulkieth Brown. As of rn If Curtis is the fastest commit we have, but that would be a problem, since his 100 meter times are not insanely good.

Miami Central High School RB/slot receiver Yulkeith Brown is one of the area’s most talented prospects.

And it’s been an on-and-off again recruitment for Brown when it comes to the hometown team.

Brown picked up a Cane offer in May of last year, and in February of this year the Hurricanes were still on his trail and the 4-star had a top five of LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, Penn State and UM.

Then communication with Cane coaches trailed off for a while before picking up again.

Now?

It’s back off again.

With Brashard Smith a similar skillset and considered a Cane lean, and with UM adding Romello Brinson to the fold, there just might not be room for this talented playmaker.

There’s also the fact that smaller RB Amari Daniels is also showing renewed interest in the Canes.

For Brown, it’s disappointing. He says UM was high up on his list, and he hopes coaches will reconsider and start going after him hard again.

“Right now it’s Texas A&M, Penn State and Nebraska for me,” Brown said. “Miami’s fallen off.”

Brown says it’s not too late for UM but that “Coaches haven’t been hitting me up, I can’t tell you what happened, don’t know why. They’re building something here, but it’s kind of off with me and them right now.

“They had a chance, but now I don’t know.”
This is the bs I don't be understanding. The do the same thing pretty much at every position. All they have to do is text and/or call the kid. Any of the recruiting coordinators or any coach could do this. I get frustrated when this is done at the CB position the most but this is just stupid. If they only plan on taking 3 WRs you continue to recruit Brown, Smith, and Alexis until one commits.

Last edited:
This is the bs I don't be understanding. The do the same thing pretty much at every position. All they have to do is text and/or call the kid. Any of the recruiting coordinators or any coach could do this. I get frustrated when this is done at the CB position the most but this is just stupid. If they only play on taking 3 WRs you continue to recruit Brown, Smith, and Alexis until one commits.
This is different from other situations. Usually the staff chases a pipe dream or slow play kids. There is obviously smoke with Brashard Smith, which is probably why contact has gone dow with Brown.

This is different from other situations. Usually the staff chases a pipe dream or slow play kids. There is obviously smoke with Brashard Smith, which is probably why contact has gone dow with Brown.
We've had plenty of smoke with kids in other cycles that didn't pick us. I don't care how much Smith is trending our way. He needs to publicly commit to us before considering to stop recruiting a kid as talented as Yul. Manny should know better.

Advertisement
I take it as a great sign for recruiting that we’re dropping kids as talented as Collins and Brown.

Time will tell, but in the meantime everyone should continue to over-analyze quotes from 17 year olds

We've had plenty of smoke with kids in other cycles that didn't pick us. I don't care how much Smith is trending our way. He needs to publicly commit to us before considering to stop recruiting a kid as talented as Yul. Manny should know better.

If Yulkeith has been evaluated correctly and if his ceiling is at or higher than any of the current slot candidates: Pope, Harley, Restrepo, keep recruiting him until you can get him to commit. From everything I've read, it sounds like he can be the 2nd rb as well, never mind him being a possible cb option. Tell him he can do it all if hen wants: return kicks, punts, wildcat it, run it, all hands team, reverse that btch, run that btch, screen that btch, dime package, nickel corner, fake fg's, block pat's.

He needs to commit and shut it down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
YO WHY DO YALL KEEP SAYING DROP THIS KID? THE ONLY PERSON I SAW SO FAR IN THIS CLASS. THAT LOOKS THAT EXPLOSIVE IS ALEXIS. THIS DUDE LOOKS LIKE HE HAS WHEELS. WE CANT AFFORD THAT. HAS ANYONE NOTCIED HOW SLOW WE LOOKED THE PAST COUPLE YEARS? THIS THE U AND WE WERE ALWAYS THE FASTEST TEAM ON THE FIELD. ITS TIME TO GET BACK TO THOSE DAYS.
They said the same thing about lingard, truth is you don’t let talent like this leave the Crib who got Overall talent

Alexis?!?! Bro! You must watch football thru only highlights if you think ALEXIS is the only person who’s explosive. In my opinion Alexis is nothing compared to these guys.

And Miami has looked slow not because of the kid’s Speed, but because of the complexity of the playbook. When you out there trying to figure **** out, then of course you will look slow. That’s both on defense and offense. Notice how the defense looked fast.

Advertisement
Back