Yulkieth Brown

Advertisement
Shutting it down is unrealistic in July. Does it happen, sure it's just not likely. To be honest Brantley might be our only lock for sure(MIGHT!!!).
That's not the point. If a recruit is still taking visits, we're still keeping in contact with other recruits. The message they're sending by continuing to take visits is that in their eyes, the spot is only a place holder.

During this entire recruiting class, it felt as if Brown and Smith offered identical roles for UM to land. There’s even a third party in Central RB Amari Daniels. Now that Brinson and George have locked up 2 out of 3 of Miami’s incoming WR spots, most fans think we remain in the market for 1 more slot guy. Based on reports, I get the feeling Lashlee/Likens have prioritized taking Brashard Smith over Yulkeith Brown. It’s my honest opinion that YB tried to play hard to get and is now kicking himself that Miami is looking at Brashard over him.

Come on cuz. I’m with the the SFLA athlete as well, but those 2 aren’t as fast as Alexis.
Alexis may be faster, but he’s not a playmaker at all. And on that field he doesn’t look that much faster than Smith. Watching his tape and catching one of his game, Nothing about Alexis translate to an explosive playmaker on the field in my opinion. I want you to watch Malik Nabers tape, who I’m sure isn’t as fast as Alexis on the track, but is much more of threat. Smith and Brinson is definitely a better take than Alexis. Maybe Jacolby George and Alexis are a toss up.

Advertisement
That's not the point. If a recruit is still taking visits, we're still keeping in contact with other recruits. The message they're sending by continuing to take visits is that in their eyes, the spot is only a place holder.
That's true if they are committed. You missed my point about us not recruiting Yulkieth. Smith isn't committed. He first needs to do that. Then if the staff decides to stop talking to Yul than so be it but until they get a 3rd WR committed they shouldn't cut off contact with anyone. After that your point becomes true.

Also, no one is taking visits. This is a different type of year.

Last edited:
We need Yul

you watch highlights..some of us watch games.

Yul is a MONSTER

Not disagreeing at all about his talent. Just curious, what position would you be willing to go light on this year where we have 24 ICs (Jarrid Williams) and taking a kicker, so 23 spots left. Would you take him as a 2nd back or only take 1 DE? Not being sarcastic, genuinely interested in your perspective.

Edit, hit post before I was done.

Last edited:
Alexis may be faster, but he’s not a playmaker at all. And on that field he doesn’t look that much faster than Smith. Watching his tape and catching one of his game, Nothing about Alexis translate to an explosive playmaker on the field in my opinion. I want you to watch Malik Nabers tape, who I’m sure isn’t as fast as Alexis on the track, but is much more of threat. Smith and Brinson is definitely a better take than Alexis. Maybe Jacolby George and Alexis are a toss up.
I’ll check Nabers out.

Advertisement
Honestly this seems like personal preference. I’ve seen YOUTUBE vids where people swear by Yulkeith and others swear by Brashard. So to me that seems to say. That there isn’t really a clear cut difference. As I stated in a previous post. I would like to have both as canes. Why? Stack chips and keep talent home. Can never have enough playmakers and every time this happens. The other guys goes somewhere and kills it. Then we end up back on the boards. Talking bout how did we miss him, who dropped the ball during his recruitment. This is why we cant win because we cant keep talent home and such & such ain’t a good recruiter. Tell me I’m lying.

There’s not much of a talent gap between these two guys either way. I don’t think you can look at them and say that one is obviously better than the other. I’m cool with whoever Lashlee and Likens want for the spot but it feels like it’s a matter of preference at this point. I think both guys would eat here.

That's true if they are committed. You missed my point about us not recruiting Yulkieth. Smith isn't committed. He first needs to do that. Then if the staff decides to stop talking to Yul than so be it but until they get a 3rd WR committed they shouldn't cut of contact with anyone. After that your point becomes true.

Also, no one is taking visits. This is a different type of year.

So then, you agree until Smith commits and shuts things down, UM should continue to recruit Yulkieth. Got it. :encouragement:

Advertisement
So then, you agree until Smith commits and shuts things down, UM should continue to recruit Yulkieth. Got it. :encouragement:
The shut down part is your words. UM already stopped recruiting Yulkieth per Yulkieth. This is why u missed my point. U added an extra layer to "shut it down " for nothing. Of course UM will continue to recruit if a guy starts to give signs that they are looking around. Manny did the same thing last season. The problem is that we already stopped recruiting Yulkieth per Yulkieth and Smith hasn't committed to us yet.

Overall I agree with you yes. It's still unrealistic especially this year with the virus not allowing kids to take visits. We have Seymore who openly said he'll take visits but I haven't heard any news of us recruiting another OG yet. I'm sure they will at some point if they start to get nervous about his commitment though.

So are you right overall YES!!! U still MISSED MY WHOLE POINT!!!! 🤣🤣🤣 This is the weirdest convo I ever had. Do you get my point now? Did u get it from the beginning? You're reasoning to support "shuting things down" leads me to believe that you didn't.

The shut down part is your words. UM already stopped recruiting Yulkieth per Yulkieth. This is why u missed my point. U added an extra layer to "shut it down " for nothing. Of course UM will continue to recruit if a guy starts to give signs that they are looking around. Manny did the same thing last season. The problem is that we already stopped recruiting Yulkieth per Yulkieth and Smith hasn't committed to us yet.

Overall I agree with you yes. It's still unrealistic especially this year with the virus not allowing kids to take visits. We have Seymore who openly said he'll take visits but I haven't heard any news of us recruiting another OG yet. I'm sure they will at some point if they start to get nervous about his commitment though.

So are you right overall YES!!! U still MISSED MY WHOLE POINT!!!! 🤣🤣🤣 This is the weirdest convo I ever had. Do you get my point now? Did u get it from the beginning? You're reasoning to support "shuting things down" leads me to believe that you didn't.

Jez, let me make this simple. I got your point. I just disagree with it. I also disagree with UM cutting off communications with Yulkieth while that spot is still in play. And I believe it's in play until there's a commitment and the recruit has shut it down.

It's just as JJ said, "Your lookin, we're lookin".

Advertisement
Curtis is not the fastest dude at all and he is just being recruited to add speed to the CB room, which is retarded. UM needs to drop him and add someone better, just not for Yulkieth Brown. As of rn If Curtis is the fastest commit we have, but that would be a problem, since his 100 meter times are not insanely good.

You ain’t seen his film?

I think it's pretty simple:

Alexis wants to leave the state

B. Smith wants in and will likely be committing soon

YB ****ed around, knows Smith will be taking his spot and now the staff has backed off
This. Spots are limited. Commit now or lose your spot. We have a lot of holes to fill in this class and can’t wait on YB when we have other options ready to hop on. Get Smith in, a QB, another OL piece, and A 2nd RB/athlete and our 2021 Class on offense is set.

Not disagreeing at all about his talent. Just curious, what position would you be willing to go light on this year where we have 24 ICs (Jarrid Williams) and taking a kicker, so 23 spots left. Would you take him as a 2nd back or only take 1 DE? Not being sarcastic, genuinely interested in your perspective.

Edit, hit post before I was done.

I would take one less s/cb/db to take him.

Advertisement
Back