Yulkieth Brown

ajone228

Recruit
Update from Rivals... Appears we're recruiting him hard. DK who I like better b/w him and Brashad. I'd honestly probably just take both of them and let one of him be an APB.

Miami Central High School WR
Yulkeith Brown says the Miami Hurricanes are very much on his radar.

“Lately I’ve been talking to coach (Manny) Diaz, me and him text and we’ve talked - he wants to coach me real bad, said if he had me we’d change the U around,” Brown says, adding “Coach (Rehtt) Lashlee, he also hit my phone up the other day, says he’s changing the offense around, wants me to be in it.
“We talk a lot.”
It’s a big change from earlier in his recruitment when Brown says he wasn’t hearing much from Miami.
“Now they’re recruiting me hard,” he says.

Brown isn’t listing any favorites and says other programs recruiting him hard along with UM include Penn State, Texas A&M and Alabama.
“I’ll visit them this summer,” he says.
When does he want to have a decision?
“Either during the season or right after,” Brown said.
Asked the chance UM has with him as of now, Brown says “Oh, it’s a good chance.”

CaneSport’s take
Brown also spoke about what Miami has going for it - “Well one is it’s home, so I can get to play in front of the home fans,” he said. “And they have players committed or going so we’d be straight as a whole team - I’m friends with some of them.” Brown is being recruited by some teams as a running back but says UM wants him as a slot receiver.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's a good football player and dynamic with the football in his hands. I don't care where we or the staff thinks he might be best. Just get him here and figure it out. You can never have too many good football players. He's good. Get him, and I don't care if he's similar to Smith, or any of that bull****. Get him here. He's good and can help you win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Take Yulkeith at whatever position he wants to play, be it WR or DB. Let's say it's WR, that's fine, STILL take Brashard as a WR and hope that we land Romello Brinson this weekend (if not we turn up the heat on Alexis and others).

Point is that we take 4 WRs and if that includes Brashard and Yul we're not losing anything. We're gaining everything. The 13 games I watched last year showed me that we need all the SoFLA offensive talent that we can get.

Take Yulkeith at whatever position he wants to play, be it WR or DB. Let's say it's WR, that's fine, STILL take Brashard as a WR and hope that we land Romello Brinson this weekend (if not we turn up the heat on Alexis and others).

Point is that we take 4 WRs and if that includes Brashard and Yul we're not losing anything. We're gaining everything. The 13 games I watched last year showed me that we need all the SoFLA offensive talent that we can get.
I agree. Stack talent when you can. I love myself some Brashard Smith and if he has influence in getting DT Taylor, Marshall or any other Palmetto boys, then you have to make him priority #1

Advertisement
Back