Yulkieth Brown

Advertisement
Brown has his chance to get in the boat early but he kept saying LSU was his #1 and dream school blah blah blah. Our staff was on him hard but once we started feeling good about Smith in addition to George and Brinson, his spot was most likely gone. Brown is talented but he choose to wait around.

I also prefer Brashard based on the film, but I realize the film available on Yulk is his sophmore tape. So not really fair to compare.

With that said, I have two thoughts:

1) you mess around, this is what happens...you lose your spot.

2) I wish we wouldnt completely drop communication. Keep the kid interested with a bi-weekly call. It makes it much easier to rev it up later on incase something doesnt go according to plan.

Well recruiting is a crazy thing. On one hand you want to play for the home team and a winner. You also wanna see home team show improvement. All the while you watch home team keep recruiting and landing other top prospects from your school and area. Almost leaving you no choice. Now you commit to home team which ends up having a great class, but they don’t show very much improvement or have the same type year as the previous (GOD PLEASE NO IN THE NAME OF JESUS). Or you sign elsewhere and home team wins 10+ games and bowl game. Now you’re somewhere you don’t really wanna be and real home sickness kicks in. What is a kid to do? Its real easy for us now at our age to say. Stay home like the previous trailblazers. You be apart of the restoration classes. We know what can happen if the kids from FLA/SFLA band together. They don’t believe it because they’ve never seen it. Only seen doc’s, vids and heard the stories. While other schools buy their friend from FLA and win with them. TOUGH SPOT FOR THIS YOUNG MAN. IF HIS HEART WAS SAYING THE U. THEY ALWAYS TELL US FOLLOW YOUR HEART OR YOUR FIRST MOVE.

Advertisement
I also prefer Brashard based on the film, but I realize the film available on Yulk is his sophmore tape. So not really fair to compare.

With that said, I have two thoughts:

1) you mess around, this is what happens...you lose your spot

2) I wish we wouldnt completely drop communication. Keep the kid interested with a bi-weekly call. It makes it much easier to rev it up later on incase something doesnt go according to plan.

Here is Brown's junior year.

Go Canes

I think Brown can ball, but frankly him losing his spot is more on him than anything else. You can say the coaches should keep him warm, but I also think this is about changing the recruiting culture.

Miami isn’t going to allow local kids who aren’t 5* or very high 4* to openly say out of state programs are their top choices and use Miami as a fallback.

I’m 1000% in support of taking a hard line with some of these kids and saying you’re either in or your out.

Advertisement
Right or wrong, I don’t think Miami ever pushed for a commitment here. Doesn’t seem like he was very high on the board.

Advertisement
fans GIF

But where does he fit? The skill position class is Franklin, Brinson, George, Smith.

They might add either Daniels or Alexis to that if they add another. Do you have Yulkeith ahead of any of those guys? If you do, that’s fine, but where is his spot if not?

At the end of the day, it seems Smith was ahead of Brown. Personally, I think that is correct and there isn’t space to take two guys like that who are similar.

Advertisement
But where does he fit? The skill position class is Franklin, Brinson, George, Smith.

They might add either Daniels or Alexis to that if they add another. Do you have Yulkeith ahead of any of those guys? If you do, that’s fine, but where is his spot if not?

At the end of the day, it seems Smith was ahead of Brown. Personally, I think that is correct and there isn’t space to take two guys like that who are similar.

I'll start with this...if they stopped talking with Yul, then they better get Smith. I know that's obvious, but if you cut off communication with a legit stud because you have someone else higher in freaking early July, then you better get that higher target.

Also, give me Yul over Daniels every day of the week.

Lastly, you can't turn this kid away if he wants in. I don't care how you fit him in. Take 4 WRs if you have to. Take him and Brashard Smith. You don't let this kid walk to Lincoln, Nebraska, he's too dynamic with the football.

I'll start with this...if they stopped talking with Yul, then they better get Smith. I know that's obvious, but if you cut off communication with a legit stud because you have someone else higher in freaking early July, then you better get that higher target.

Also, give me Yul over Daniels every day of the week.

Lastly, you can't turn this kid away if he wants in. I don't care how you fit him in. Take 4 WRs if you have to. Take him and Brashard Smith. You don't let this kid walk to Lincoln, Nebraska, he's too dynamic with the football.
I’m taking Daniels from a position standpoint. I see a second RB as necessary in this class with both Harris and Burns possibly not on the team in 21.

I’m taking Daniels from a position standpoint. I see a second RB as necessary in this class with both Harris and Burns possibly not on the team in 21.
Is yul very much against being a RB? I think in this offense he can be. I agree our depth can be scary is harris and burns are not here next year which I see as very likely

Advertisement
Back