Your QB of choice against Bama

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
I had a discussion with some fellow Canes fans off the board that was interesting, thought I would pose it here

If you had to pick one of the great Miami QBs of the past (or King) for this game against Alabama, who do you roll with?

We’ve had a lot of great QBs that had great teams around them. But what about with this team? Considering what Bama does well and where they might be vulnerable, I thought it was interesting how much support King had in this area

Anyway, thought I would pose the question here

Advertisement
Advertisement
Frank Costa.
Man that guy could really take a hit! I remember him getting hit late so many times in the bowl game and he just kept getting right back up. The hits did eventually take their toll causing him to miss Jones for the win. I love me some Costa though. Dude had heart. Packing your **** and driving away after losing a tough one to FSU, feeling he wasn’t worthy of being a Cane’s QB... haven’t had that for a while. Now a loss is just a loss and on to the next one.

With this offense;

We have the right man at the right time going with King against Bama and for this season

Garcia IMO has already passed TVD as a solid #2 and will be a force in the future but for this game and for this year he's NOT YET the one.
I have to say, "solid #2" doesn't sound like a compliment when referring to our QB's

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve been fortunate to have been in a seat for most of the big games we’ve played in the last two decades, but that game will forever have a special place in my heart. The gator chomp to the UF bleachers after sealing the comeback must forever remain an iconic moment in our history.
Awesome #7 brother, welcome to CIS , the Maudes @RVACane here that run the joint are first class people , whom do what we want the referees to a our Cane games LET THEM PLAY.

Fire out stay low keep feet moving and enjoy 🙌 your in a great place for Canes.

This is a non compensated unofficial spoke person void as prohibited by law 😁

GOCANES

king is the best qb we've had since at least berlin, maybe even dorsey. add the fact that he can run and we're in as good as a spot as we can hope for.

we were a good team last year and we got better, with better coaching and a better defensive coordinator now.

this is a good as a shot as we could've hoped for and we're way more prepared to play bama then we would have been last year

Advertisement
1629824601183.png

You might not see in now, but this man was known as White Lightning.

Advertisement
Baptism by fire, plus, he’s already been in this system for a year. I really like TVD, and I think he’s going to be a very VERY good QB…possibly great. He has NFL tools.

Bama is starting a new QB too, and it’s on a neutral site, so if there were any game for TVD to start this would be it.
I can't tell if you're trolling or actually serious. In the history of Miami QBs which includes:
Kelly
Kosar
Testaverde
Walsh
Erickson
Toretta
Dorsey
Berlin
Kaaya
and now King....
You would pick TVD?!?!? Who has exactly 2 career pass attempts and 0 completions?!?
FOH...

I’ve been fortunate to have been in a seat for most of the big games we’ve played in the last two decades, but that game will forever have a special place in my heart. The gator chomp to the UF bleachers after sealing the comeback must forever remain an iconic moment in our history.
Most electric half of football I've ever witnessed in my life.

No offense, and I know we live in the “now” but I’ve seen D King already in this O vs an aggressive Def last season in Clemson. His stat line? 12 - 28 121 0 TDs 2 ints

So w/ that being said, I think if imma pick a QB to face this Bama team playing behind an improved, yet question mark OL, in a spread offense? Give me 2004 Berlin.

The 2004 season was a tricky one; we just remember us not winning The ACC in our inaugural yr, but that season we played #4 FSU, #20 UL, #10 UVA, #10 VT, and #20 UF in the Peach Bowl. He went 4-1 against those teams. We didn’t win The Coastal b/c we lost 3 heart breakers against UNC (by 3 on game winning FG) Clemson (in OT), and VT (by 6, defensive dog fight were VT scored the last TD in the 4th). Brock had like 2,700 yrds passing w/ 22 TDs & 6ints that season. I’ve seen Big Game Brock. Think he would flourish in this system.

Advertisement
Back