You know Miami is getting back...

Advertisement
Glad to see Smith doing well. One of the best pass rushers in the south when he was in high school happy to see him putting it together and having a good year

M Smith has been looking very impressive. I'm glad he stuck it out. He is playing very fast and I think they should consider sliding him over and giving him some of Pickney's snaps.

We beat them last year but this finally felt like retribution for the beat down they put on us 3 years ago. I did want us to score 50 but 47 and holding them to 10 is sweet as well. I do not like those freaking goats

Advertisement
The smirk on Richt's face after the handshake with Fedora was priceless!

The defense was full of highlights. Shaq was having probably his best game ever. Hope he's OK.

On both O & D, many of the freshman got quality playing time. Obviously, a few mistakes but will pay off big time long term.

Bandy and Deejay are 1 and 2 for me right now. Trajan pressed the f*ck out of that receiver, shed the block, and made a picture-perfect tackle. That's the type of physicality we need throughout the defense.

He jumped on that WR like a **** spider monkey. Right into his grill...both feet in the air. Hilarious.

It’s obviously something serious to be missing 4 games straight, hope so starting to get really worried for sure

There was no reason to rush him back for the slate of games we just had. Let’s see if he straps up for FSU. If he doesn’t play against them, then he may catch a redshirt.

Advertisement
All I will say is that DJ Dallas is a stud. He should get looked at by the pros.
Love dj, he’s running good. The only thing I’d like to see from him is getting body shots at the end of his run, going out of bounds is to forgiving for the defenders lol.

This is a good win, for sure. But I am wondering if it is also fool's gold. We saw this play out last year winning games with multiple turnovers and defense while our offense struggles. Without the defensive scores last night the whole complexion of the game changes and we are in a tighter game with more pressure on a freshman qb.

That said I think our new qb is light years better that we had. Maybe Richt doesn't get so conservative in a tighter game and lets N'Kosi air it out and get into a rhythm. It seemed last night he was willing to sit on the lead and work on the running game.

I am still a bit guarded in my optimism until I see how the offense rolls when the defense maybe isn't having its best performance.

Advertisement
* That's a much weaker North Carolina team than the ones that gave us fits during the Golden era. It should be impossible to lose to East Carolina by 22 points while allowing more than 500 yards.

* Their quarterback was like a poor man's Rosier: scrappy runner but dependable for the big inexplicable error

* Perry's wonderfully relaxed style with great touch makes every possession interesting. The touchdown pass to Langham was like a walk through pitch and catch, and the defender scolded for audacity to believe he had any chance.

* First time in many years we had a run/pass ratio like that

* I greatly prefer Thursday night games on the road, primarily because I normally attend them, including the one at North Carolina in 2013
First mention I see of "Perry's relaxed style". So now that others have also noticed it, I think it is more of a positive at this point and it will be interesting to see if it will become an issue when facing teams with a good pass rush.

At this point, I'm going to believe that his relaxed style and his quick release are a perfect combination.

Advertisement
Good summary and yep, Knowles played solid and actually had a couple good hits. Gotta give him credit since he's been such a liability in previous games, had his best game for sure.

Mike Smith stood out. Dude has really transformed his body. And looked much quicker than I ever thought he would/could. Showed some great burst.

He looked very good. I hope he's alright, looked like he got leveled late in the game by an OL.

Advertisement
Back