You know Miami is getting back...

Mike Smith is playing solid football for us. The dreads had a reverse effect and slowed him down.

Go DeeJay! That's my DeeJay! So smooth with the rock even with the added weight. Continue to feed that man.

Beyonce didn't look as bad last night. She's learning apparently.

Advertisement
This is the same crappy North Carolina team that gave us all we could handle last season. Thursday night was a walk in the park.

Best thing about the offense besides seeing #5 start? The last handful of offensive possessions where UNC knew UM was going to just run the ball and they could do nothing to stop it. The O line is still a work in progress but they are light years better this year than last.

This is a good win, for sure. But I am wondering if it is also fool's gold. We saw this play out last year winning games with multiple turnovers and defense while our offense struggles. Without the defensive scores last night the whole complexion of the game changes and we are in a tighter game with more pressure on a freshman qb.

That said I think our new qb is light years better that we had. Maybe Richt doesn't get so conservative in a tighter game and lets N'Kosi air it out and get into a rhythm. It seemed last night he was willing to sit on the lead and work on the running game.

I am still a bit guarded in my optimism until I see how the offense rolls when the defense maybe isn't having its best performance.
Our offense didn’t “struggle.”

The offense and the offensive line still concerns me. I still think we have a poorly designed offense and play too slow. I think the offense will be better served if we speed up the tempo.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 10.03.47 AM.png

Advertisement
This is the same crappy North Carolina team that gave us all we could handle last season. Thursday night was a walk in the park.

Best thing about the offense besides seeing #5 start? The last handful of offensive possessions where UNC knew UM was going to just run the ball and they could do nothing to stop it. The O line is still a work in progress but they are light years better this year than last.
And remember In 2017 unc was without about 20 players due to injuries and we struggled vs them

I said before we aint losing again this season. Including the ACCTG . Now we will lose by 20 in the playoffs but that is a step in the right direction.

Advertisement
I was going to make the same point about Jaquan Johnson. As Lance has pointed out in several of his game summaries, Jaquan cleans up a bunch of mistakes in the run game with his anticipation and tackling ability. While he certainly wouldn't have fixed all of the breakdowns we had last night in the run game, I completely agree that he almost certainly would have limited a bunch of those runs from being as large gains as they were. I think it's a great sign for our defense that we were still able to make as many impact plays as we did without the only preseason all American we had on our defense.

The O didn’t really have the chance to get it going.. all those defensive scores robbed the O of a few series. They were sluggish in the 3rd, but that happens in games.

And that pick straight into double coverage is a very freshman mistake. Not going to get hyped about rushing for over 200 yards, when UNC gave up an average of about 220 on the ground before our game. IN short, defense was elite and should have been against this trash team. Offense is still untested. I'm excited to see what Perry can do, but won't pretend I'm not still nervous.

That is NFL open. He threw him open when the DB had his back turned. Perry is putting the ball in some extremely small windows. He's almost too confident.....

Exactly. That is considered "open" in the NFL. If your receiver is about make a break and the DB has his head turned, it's up to the QB to get him that ball. Perry has shown incredible touch and anticipation on his throws. While the coverage on the TD to Langham was tight, there was no way for the DB to make a play on the ball, it was thrown so well. That throw and the long pass to Harley were beautiful. It's not that Harley wasn't wide open, it's that Perry was rolling left, looked off a safety and then squared his shoulders to hit Harley down the sideline. Not an easy throw regardless of how open the receiver was.

And that pick straight into double coverage is a very freshman mistake. Not going to get hyped about rushing for over 200 yards, when UNC gave up an average of about 220 on the ground before our game. IN short, defense was elite and should have been against this trash team. Offense is still untested. I'm excited to see what Perry can do, but won't pretend I'm not still nervous.

The interception you referring to hit Mike Harley literally on the 3 so as a coach would say you got to hold on to those. And the man has 12 pass attempts... He literally was not needed pass the 2nd qtr... Don't be nervous.. Smoke one.

Advertisement
looking forward to the breakdown by Lance and Roman. But from that screen clip it looks like Brevin was also open, and would have walked in...but glad Langham got the TD as he made a couple plays earlier.

That is NFL open. He threw him open when the DB had his back turned. Perry is putting the ball in some extremely small windows. He's almost too confident.....
You could argue that’s nowhere open. It was almost like Perry threw a Willie Hernandez screwball the way the ball hooked around the defender. Beautiful concentration by Lang on the play too.

Nkosi and Spicer. It's great to see Richt not being stubborn and recognizing areas of improvement. With that said, what a ******* game last night.

Obviously room for improvement, but there's no way you didn't leave that stadium last night not feeling great about how we played.

FSU, we're coming for that ***.

Advertisement
It wasn’t a bad throw. Perry stuck it in there perfectly. It was pass interference, and the guy who caught it wasn’t even close to Harley. He was the beneficiary of a big deflection.

We want our QB to use the middle of the field, and this is one of the drawbacks to throwing in the middle—lots of traffic and lots of tipped balls, deflections and picks.

People are claiming Rick got too conservative in the second half, but I get the feeling he wants to establish the run game and get the two-headed attack with Dallas and Homer going for the ACC.

I think he realizes we aren’t winning anything significant without a good running game that we can rely on. That’s why he’s been hammering the run so consistently.

I don’t like that little play where the RB jumps next to the QB on the clap because it looked like the DL got wise to it in the 2nd half and started jumping it. I do like handoffs out of the pistol though and the possibility of developing some play action off that.

The interception you referring to hit Mike Harley literally on the 3 so as a coach would say you got to hold on to those. And the man has 12 pass attempts... He literally was not needed pass the 2nd qtr... Don't be nervous.. Smoke one.

Going to watch the replay on that. Definitely did not have the best angle from my seat. Will find you before FSU to take your advice.

Advertisement
Back