You know Miami is getting back...

Towards the end there were 2 plays in a row where Bandy murdered someone. Fun as **** to watch.
Yes, He layed the receiver out and on the very next play he lunched into the same receiver, got off the block and layed the next guy out. I think is was 4th qtr 13:20 on the clock. Love his energy and passion!

Advertisement
Bandy and Deejay are 1 and 2 for me right now. Trajan pressed the f*ck out of that receiver, shed the block, and made a picture-perfect tackle. That's the type of physicality we need throughout the defense.
This was the exact play I was talking about. Would love this as a gif image!!!

Mike Smith, is a really impressive young baller. I would like to see more of him. He kind of reminds me of Perryman.

Great post D, thank you!

One other random item of note:

I felt a little bit bad for Bradley Jennings jr. The kid got on the field, got a turnover chain then stood on the benches to pump up the crowd..... and the stadium had already emptied out. There was no one left at the game. lol

I felt bad so I gave him a standing O..... Me and like 300 other people still left in the stands on the home side of the field.
Jennings was thumping last night

...when the team is scoring non-offensive TDs. This was a feel-good win, as you can tell by the smirk on Richt's face when he shook Fedora's hand.

- UNC's offense was living in fear of Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson and Jon Garvin. Those three are game-wreckers and give us a chance in any game we play.

- N'Kosi Perry only had 12 attempts but showed a lot of accuracy and poise. Of his four incompletions, two were drops, one bounced off a receiver's chest and the other was a miscommunication. I am pleasantly surprised by his consistency and mature approach. The TD pass to Langham was as good as it gets.

- Third game in a row we rush for over 200 yards. It helps to have two big-time backs with Deejay Dallas and Travis Homer.

- We miss Jaquan Johnson. A lot of those 20-yard gains are 9-yard gains with Quan on the field. Knowles gets a lot of (deserved) heat, but I thought he played better than Amari Carter today.

- The sample size is getting bigger, and we are still maintaining a top position in third down defense. UNC was 2-13. In 2017, Manny emphasized turnovers. The results were immediate. In 2018, Manny emphasized third-down defense. The year is young, but so far so good on that front.

- Hope Shaq and Mike Smith are OK. Both looked outstanding.

- Romeo Finley is quietly becoming a baller. He is tough, he has excellent straight-line speed and he has improved his coverage ability. The striker position was a God-send for him.

- Choc Gray is really finding his niche in short-yardage back. It reminds me of when Damien Berry emerged towards the end of the Shannon era. Gray is generating some legit buzz in the scouting community as a late-round pick/FA.

- Trajan Bandy and Travis Homer play the game the way it was meant to be played. Absolutely love their physicality and effort.

All in all, this was a 47-10 over a North Carolina team that gave us fits in the Shannon/Golden eras. It is so refreshing to expect to win these games.

To quote MC Hammer: "That's the word!!"

Advertisement
I agree with this as well. Mike Smith earned more reps with his play last night. He needs to be on the field more.

This was the type of athlete/player we all heard about when he was at Northwestern. I think he definitely earned more PT the pat few weeks....

I was really impressed with Shaq and Mike Smith. We know Shaq is great. I was pleasantly surprised how well Mike Smith played. He was physical, decisive, and quick to the ball carrier. He's a starter on any other team.

I'm going out on a limb. I think he's good enough to make an NFL roster next year with his versatility. The kid looks healthy and is playing well.

said it in another thread. If he keeps it up like last night and has a solid pro day...he will be in someone's camp and likely makes a practice squad at worst. He's a starter at alot of other ACC schools

Good summary and yep, Knowles played solid and actually had a couple good hits. Gotta give him credit since he's been such a liability in previous games, had his best game for sure.

I'm pulling for this young fella. last year most wanted Mike Smith and Choc gone! he is a #stateofMiami guy we need to develop him, we can always use special team killers.

Advertisement
Richt is gonna get Perry killed with these 5-man protection 4-verts concepts. It's not Perry's nature to instantly feel the rush and quickly check down to the back on a swing route. Some of these plays have absolutely no chance of success. The sack-fumble was the perfect example.

Static is dead and until Richt figures this out it's gonna put an artificial ceiling on the offense. We've seen Richt adjust to personnel such as the simplified 1-read concepts he gave Perry last night. The next step is to adjust to the trends happening outside the building. Football is in a passing game renaissance right now and we're still stuck in the stone age smh!

Excellent post.

Choc’s ability to score in short yardage is big. Think of all the failed fades we have throw over the last years because we could not punch the ball in from inside the five. Before the season is over, that will make the difference in a game.

1. Good write up. Appreciate the effort.
    Our third down situation is really improving.
    To say it's improving would be the understatement of the year. This defense is light years better on 3rd down. It has been a complete transformation. Give credit to Diaz. Sure the guy has his faults but this defenses problems getting off the field on 3rd down last year was a point of emphasis for Diaz this off-season and the guy has adjusted beautifully. Part of my concern with Diaz was the worry that he would not adjust his scheme because of ego driven stubbornness. He obviously has and I'm glad I was wrong. Now if he can remedy the intermittently leaky run defense with a few twists of the coaching wrench we could have something very special. I think we will improve in that area as the season progresses. We certainly have the talent to make it happen.

Advertisement
Shaq>>>>M Smith and it's not even close. We will be crying for Shaq a week from now. That said, once we get Shaq back, M. Smith should take some of Pinckney's snaps... Pinckney is too un-disciplined and Smith has been playing excellent this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back