Xavier Restrepo--This man gonna be our next Honeynut.

Advertisement
You missed the fact Payton is in fact a freshman. The rest of your post went downhill from there.
Last year, Payton did whats called a Redshirt year, which means he has out the year. He is not considered to be a true freshman. I know its confusing but I hope I did a good job of explaining it. Hopefully you understand it now!!!!!!

You can't just compare these guys on the surface.
They're both short, white and have similar measureables. But that's where it stops.
(by the way, X is already much bigger than Berrios)

Dig deeper.
X has the intangibles that Berrios didn't have. He's way more crafty with (and without) the ball in his hands. Ain't no **** way X is getting tackled in the open field the way I saw Berrios get tackled for 4 years.

X been doing his thing in SOUTH FLORIDA for years. This ain't fvckin' Carolina. By 10th grade he managed to establish himself as one of the best football players in South Florida...as a white boy! LOL
You know how much of a bada$$ you gotta be to do that down here?

He's been doubted his whole life, so he carries a huge chip on his shoulder.
Some of yall may not believe it, but there are doubts and stereotypes that he's dealt with for a long time playing ball down here. It even carries over in recruiting. Scouts would come to our school. They heard about him. But they would always ask our head coach "but can he really play?"
Even college scouts doubted his actual ability. They thought it was just a hype thing, like "he can play for a white boy".
Our HC had to tell people dozens of times, "Nah, the kid is a real dog. He's our best football player."

What's it say about a kid's ability when he transfers to a team loaded with D1 skill kids and he becomes the PR, KR, Safety, RB, Nickle, Wildcat QB, etc? When we needed something done he was the first player we looked to.

And he balled versus EVERYBODY.
It wasn't like he only excelled versus the trash. He showed up in every game, even the ones where his teammates didn't.
He and Berrios are both white but X is smoother and more polished. Berrios was awkward at times and didn’t have the best coordination. He was fast but he had that mike Harley clumsiness. If X was black no one would compare him to Braxton

Of the top of your head, does anyone recall whether he had made any plays yet in games... or are we possibly using him as our secret weapon against Clemson?

Advertisement
Of the top of your head, does anyone recall whether he had made any plays yet in games... or are we possibly using him as our secret weapon against Clemson?
Nothing but special teams. There are reasons why him and Daz aren’t playing. One of them being the guys ahead of them are better. I do think he’s better than Daz.

Berries touched the field his freshmen year! Five star all American, put some respect on his name if he didn’t get injured he would have been all world!

Nothing but special teams. There are reasons why him and Daz aren’t playing. One of them being the guys ahead of them are better. I do think he’s better than Daz.

We've all seen his film. And we've all gotten the reports from the summer.

It's hard to imagine he didn't get a catch in garbage time against FSU.

I'm still holding on to my "1-person conspiracy theory"--- and Lashlee will unveil him against Clemson. Shhhhh!!

:)

Advertisement
I agree man oh man can't wait till we have a guy like Roscoe who is a poor man's version of his predecessor Santana Moss and he's still a top draft pick. I think Roscoe went 1st round. That is real depth.

Think it’s time for Restrepo to return punts and let Pope focus o being a good WR.

IMG_3337.gif

Advertisement
Not to mention X specifically said he doesn't wanna be compared to Brax.

I hope they're not the same, because as much as I love Berrios, he really didn't do much until his senior year. We need dudes that can come in and ball.
Being fair to brax, while I'll say x has been a better player for us. I will say emphatically x benefited from a real staff and real qb play while brax ehh not so much. Brax has better hands and x is more of a play maker. More heart. Very similar otherwise.

Advertisement
Berrios was a better athlete than X. You can tell that X worked harder on his game though
How can you tell X worked harder than Berrios?

Berrios has been in the league 5 years about to go on to season 6. You don't last that long in the NFL (Not For Long) without being a good worker. X has benefited from a better offensive scheme and a better qb. To me, I hold them in the same regard. Good players who are true Canes to the core.

X is a much better receiver than Berrios. Berrios is an NFL caliber punt returner though so he’s put together nice pro career as a PR/WR 4 type of guy. Nothing wrong with that. Dude has made a nice living.

How can you tell X worked harder than Berrios?

Berrios has been in the league 5 years about to go on to season 6. You don't last that long in the NFL (Not For Long) without being a good worker. X has benefited from a better offensive scheme and a better qb. To me, I hold them in the same regard. Good players who are true Canes to the core.
Because X has more production at this point in his career and he's less talented, that's a pretty good indication that someone worked harder. I also never said Berrios wasn't a good worker

Advertisement
Back