Xavier Restrepo--This man gonna be our next Honeynut.

You guys realize that this is all tea leaves. It’s like fun, but its like arguing whether Ray Robinson would beat Ray Leonard when both were in their primes. Fun, but tea leaves. Only time will tell.

Advertisement
You guys realize that this is all tea leaves. It’s like fun, but its like arguing whether Ray Robinson would beat Ray Leonard when both were in their primes. Fun, but tea leaves. Only time will tell.
Would you rather argue about...that thing that became big in 2020?

Berrios never had more than a handful of catches until his senior year. In every report I've seen Restrepo has been tearing it up since the day he got to campus-on the field, with the playbook and in the locker room.

He's going to smash those first three year numbers in year one and never look back.
but that wasn't his fault, he was misused and not used at all until Richt got here.

Advertisement
Totally different players. I am from NC and called berrios being a stud when he came in. I was laughed at by people and they continued to laugh for 3 years. Berrios played QB because their team didn't have one and he was the best player on the field. He ran the ball non stop.
Perhaps you can take some comfort in the fact that that was happening irrespective of your opinion on Berrios.

Man Berrios is that dude. I DONT CARE WHAT NONE OF YALL SAY!! After that Florida State game that someone mentioned here earlier, I was sold on his, talent, heart and Canedom. That man was a hero for a day. Long live Honey Nut Berrios!! A CANE TRHOUGH AND THROUGH. I’ll never forget that North Carolina and Notre Dame swag that he displayed either. Oh and he was picked up by the PATRIOTS,... come on man smh.

Advertisement
I just don't agree we crown guys all the time. Let''s have this conversation around mid November. I'll save this thread for future bump status!
So this is a Canes message board right? What are we supposed to do, talk about who won the bingo game last night at the YMCA?

Agree, disagree whatever but try adding something of value to the conversation instead of uhhh.. another Greentree all American... Yeah never heard that one before.

Advertisement
Think the comparison is pretty solid imo:

Braxton pre-college: 5’9”, 181 lb, 4.52 40, 3.81 shuttle
X pre-college: 5’10”, 185 lb, 4.58 40, 4.16 shuttle

Brax has the slight edge in testing numbers but X’s are still well above average. They’re also both regarded as highly intelligent (we all know about Brax), have near identical builds, and both played quarterback for their high school team when it was needed.

Give Braxton health coming into college and a Rhett Lashlee offense, think you’d be hearing about him too. Either way, I view the comparison as a compliment to both guys, not an insult to either.

Advertisement
Loved braxton as a player here, legendary senior year performance, can never forget his 2017 game vs FSU. That being said I think X can and will surpass him here. I know he hasn't played a game yet but the kid's toughness, football IQ, route running, and hands are so good I can't imagine him not making an impact here.

Berrios was all Cane, a super quick athlete and a great teamate. But Restrepo already looks to be game ready and definitely acts like he has that dog in him.

Numbers only tell part of the story. Do you see him only have 12 catches this season?
All that matters is one has done it at the college level, and one we expect to do it at the college level.

Advertisement
Back