Xavier Restrepo--This man gonna be our next Honeynut.

Advertisement
Yall are forgetting something important. Berrios played under Al Golden his first 2 years, additionally, he didn't take majority of his snaps out of his money position until his SR year

People forget....you are right. He played mostly outside his first 3 years.

Unless he slays more vajayjay than Berrios, just stop and let him get some seventh floor sloots!!!
Buuuuuck Priiiiiide!!!

Semper Canes!!!

You can't just compare these guys on the surface.
They're both short, white and have similar measureables. But that's where it stops.
(by the way, X is already much bigger than Berrios)

Dig deeper.
X has the intangibles that Berrios didn't have. He's way more crafty with (and without) the ball in his hands. Ain't no **** way X is getting tackled in the open field the way I saw Berrios get tackled for 4 years.

X been doing his thing in SOUTH FLORIDA for years. This ain't fvckin' Carolina. By 10th grade he managed to establish himself as one of the best football players in South Florida...as a white boy! LOL
You know how much of a bada$$ you gotta be to do that down here?

He's been doubted his whole life, so he carries a huge chip on his shoulder.
Some of yall may not believe it, but there are doubts and stereotypes that he's dealt with for a long time playing ball down here. It even carries over in recruiting. Scouts would come to our school. They heard about him. But they would always ask our head coach "but can he really play?"
Even college scouts doubted his actual ability. They thought it was just a hype thing, like "he can play for a white boy".
Our HC had to tell people dozens of times, "Nah, the kid is a real dog. He's our best football player."

What's it say about a kid's ability when he transfers to a team loaded with D1 skill kids and he becomes the PR, KR, Safety, RB, Nickle, Wildcat QB, etc? When we needed something done he was the first player we looked to.

And he balled versus EVERYBODY.
It wasn't like he only excelled versus the trash. He showed up in every game, even the ones where his teammates didn't.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yall gonna see.
I think Miami lucked out and got something really special with this kid.

If not for the doubts and stereotypes this kid's offer list would've been way bigger.
I've seen WR's down here who didn't have anywhere near his ability go to schools like Michigan State, Pitt, Syracuse, Oregon, Maryland, etc....and X didn't even have offers like that. I think the biggest offer he had other than Miami was Kentucky.

Shoot, all of our WR's at Deerfield had bigger offer lists and none of them were better than X. (although I can justify Gowdy, he was 6'4")
So what does that tell you? LOL

You can't just compare these guys on the surface.
They're both short, white and have similar measureables. But that's where it stops.
(by the way, X is already much bigger than Berrios)

Dig deeper.
X has the intangibles that Berrios didn't have. He's way more crafty with (and without) the ball in his hands. Ain't no **** way X is getting tackled in the open field the way I saw Berrios get tackled for 4 years.

X been doing his thing in SOUTH FLORIDA for years. This ain't fvckin' Carolina. By 10th grade he managed to establish himself as one of the best football players in South Florida...as a white boy! LOL
You know how much of a bada$$ you gotta be to do that down here?

He's been doubted his whole life, so he carries a huge chip on his shoulder.
Some of yall may not believe it, but there are doubts and stereotypes that he's dealt with for a long time playing ball down here. It even carries over in recruiting. Scouts would come to our school. They heard about him. But they would always ask our head coach "but can he really play?"
Even college scouts doubted his actual ability. They thought it was just a hype thing, like "he can play for a white boy".
Our HC had to tell people dozens of times, "Nah, the kid is a real dog. He's our best football player."

What's it say about a kid's ability when he transfers to a team loaded with D1 skill kids and he becomes the PR, KR, Safety, RB, Nickle, Wildcat QB, etc? When we needed something done he was the first player we looked to.

And he balled versus EVERYBODY.
It wasn't like he only excelled versus the trash. He showed up in every game, even the ones where his teammates didn't.
So you're saying is X is Wayne Chrebet 2.0?

I believe Brax torn his ACL before his freshman year. He still played but was expected to break out in year 2 but got hurt early when Kaaya threw him a pass that nearly got him him killed. Didn't get much burn Junior year and was going to transfer but decided to stay and had a breakout year. I think injuries really slowed him down early in his career but he really broke out Senior year when given the opportunity.
That's because Richt played Him outta position, kid had no business playing the X WR...that's when I knew Richt didn't know what TF He was doing. Richt also played Richards at the slot sometimes, SMDH.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hope Restrepo does his thing and lights the record books on fire, in this offense he will have his chance.

But Berrios name is secured in Hurricane lore for above and definitely for his performance in Tally after 7 straight losses he put the Canes team on his back and delivered catch after catch after catch.. For that he will always be a GREAT..

REPORTED for hitting the nail on the head!

Advertisement
He's going to be better.

The Berrios comparisons are low hanging fruit. They aren't the same guy at all.
Yea the only comparison is they are some cool white guys , in all honesty I think Xavier have a better career then berrios , and have a quicker impact then he did.

...and was injured for a good part of those three years. Not fake injuries, real injuries.

I love X, but he has yet to catch a single pass in a college game.

Meantime Berrios is on an active NFL roster. He’s not killing it, but he’s making NFL money and was something like 5th or 6th in punt returns last year. Nothing to get too excited about, but what he did for the team in 2017 is underrated.

The point isn’t to shlt on X, because I think he’s going to be an outstanding player, could end up being much better, but after years of seeing people dog BB on this site, let’s be honest about his situation and contributions

I love what X brings to the table.

But, BraX basically had a UM hall of fame career in that single magical season. He carried that team on his back.

Thinking X can be as meaningful is lofty, and exciting praise indeed

Advertisement
If Berrios catches that fade route in the back corner of that FSU game his freshman year the guy would be looked at way differently. I am going to say most Miami fans did not like Golden when Golden was here. And here Golden has this young white undersized WR playing over known south florida dudes. Then Berrios is played outside on a bad team with a bad OL. We just could not get the ball outside and deep. That is why his Senior year came out of nowhere for many cane fans.

If X can have a career that gets him a job for the Jets in 5 years that would be pretty special.

I do not mind the comparisons. Every player who wears 20 is going to be compared to Ed. Every TE is going to be compared to our great TE's. Nothing wrong with setting the bar high. If X does not want to be compared to a pro wr then tell him to be better. Don't stop working.

I have said it since day one, this guy would play as a freshman. I believe that as the season goes all, the WR room will be dominated by all the freshman. Guys like Payton, Pope and wiggins will get pushed to the side

Advertisement
Back