Xavier Restrepo--This man gonna be our next Honeynut.

I mi

I misunderstood the original post. I thought you were referring to Jones. My bad.
All good brother. I felt like a dumbass, I initially thought **** I worded that like a clown. No harm. I love X and what he brings.

Advertisement
Advertisement
braxton didn´t get used correctly until his senior year when he was moved into the slot.
A cog in a far bigger issue. Harley was used the same exact way because we had coordinators who prioritized what they viewed as a mismatch in our favor based on how we lined up. Aka a failure to read the room.

Phil's my Boy...been friends with him since his Frosh yr. Both are from same area, so of course I'm alittle partial.
One of my favs . Sincerely. I didn't miss a home or away game during those times. Truly enjoyed every freaking kid back then lol. I drive my son's nuts. They unfortunately see only the vids.

Advertisement
I'll preface this by saying that I agree with 99% of the stuff you wrote and I would take X over Berrios. But how can you say "Berrios has had good moments but has never taken over games the way X has."?

He took over against our biggest rival in 2017 (probably the reason we won that game). He set the tone with his opening TD against ND in the biggest victory we've had in 20 years. Which game has X taking over in similar magnitude as Berrios?
Mannnn take the logos off their uniforms and both of those teams were trash that year. 😆
X has had games where he was completely unguardable. When did a defense EVER bracket Berrios?

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Right. I think people think Berrios was a better athlete because he was quick, maybe even very quick (didn’t he get some crazy shuttle score in HS?), and X looks a little bigger (b/c he is) and maybe not as quick. But he’s still plenty agile and—the point here—there are a range of other important metrics, and X brings a lot to the table in terms of what comprises athleticism.
Pretty sure berrios at the Miami pro day ran in the 4.3s

Berrios has had good moments but has never taken over games the way X has.
He's never made some of the spectacular catches X has. X is winning 50/50 balls at 5'10". He's definitely never embarrassed DB's the way X has. Berrios would often trip over his own feet while trying to get YAC. Even now when you watch him in the NFL, he can't make anybody miss. Berrios has had a nice career fueled by hard work, reliability and coachability... and that's respectable. That's his niche.

Let's not forget X is the only one who showed up versus Alabama (scored a TD) and the only one who was even trying (maybe too hard) versus Clemson when they blew us out.

He's much bigger... much stronger... and his route running is some of the best in the country.

We're talking about a kid who is breaking reception records and strength records at THE University of Miami.

How is this even a real discussion?
Cause they're both short and white? Lol
Yes... I mean seriously it is... LOL

Advertisement
Maybe it's just me not putting much thought into brax,but I don't remember him dropping anything. That's why we put him at punt returner. Maybe just cause it's fresher in my mind but I remember x dropping passes last year a few times. I'm sure it's comparable but that's what I remember off top.
Brax dropped a Kaaya dime in the endzone against FSU.

Brax was only really good his senior year. I like him, but i remember that drop

I'll preface this by saying that I agree with 99% of the stuff you wrote and I would take X over Berrios. But how can you say "Berrios has had good moments but has never taken over games the way X has."?

He took over against our biggest rival in 2017 (probably the reason we won that game). He set the tone with his opening TD against ND in the biggest victory we've had in 20 years. Which game has X taking over in similar magnitude as Berrios?
He's right though. Brax never took over a game and didn't demand attention. Problem is as usual no one is applying context. While people can say berrios played with kaaya, can you REALLY SAY HE PLAYED with Kaaya? We ran a basic offense and berrios was far down the line in terms of options for where the ball was going. After kaaya he played on a gimmick of an offense(which was the only one he was semi featured in)with arguably one of the 3 worst starting qbs at Miami since the 80s atleast. X from the moment he came in has been targeted plenty and featured the last two years. For me that's not a difference because of the player each was. It was because of the coaching in place letting us down in general during that time span. Personally I don't need to hear anything about our records because it's very misguided. When we were dominant we had stacked rosters and people would start for a year or two tops. I really don't need to hear about Brad kaaya like he's even in the discussion for our best qbs, Malik rosier same point, Mike Harley same point, Restrepo more of the same. End of the day congrats on success but see it for what it is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back