Xavier Restrepo season expectations

Is this your book?

1.jpg
It's a shame dumba@$$ fans put high expectations on developmental prospects...this isn't HS goofy....let this young man develop in a timely manner...he was the #84 rated player in Florida for a reason...give him 2-3 years to perfect his craft...how many players can you name who recently (rated close to #84) made a impact as a freshman? if we are ever going to get back this type of attitude by dumba$$ fans need to stop...if he doesn't live up to y'all retarded early expectations....then he instantly becomes a jag....

Advertisement
It's a shame dumba@$$ fans put high expectations on developmental prospects...this isn't HS goofy....let this young man develop in a timely manner...he was the #84 rated player in Florida for a reason...give him 2-3 years to perfect his craft...how many players can you name who recently (rated close to #84) made a impact as a freshman? if we are ever going to get back this type of attitude by dumba$$ fans need to stop...if he doesn't live up to y'all retarded early expectations....then he instantly becomes a jag....

Are you done?

Every year we do it lol. I don't see what there seeing to make them think hes an impact freshman. I saw someone say he's built like a truck. He's not running nobody over as a freshman. Yall want to put him on PR just cause he can catch ? Na man we need somebody back there that can take it to the house. I'm not saying he cant be a dude down the road. But as a freshman ? Stop it LOL.

Advertisement
With his hands and build I would consider making him a Mcaffrey type player. Think about that! That dude can do it all and I think you can use X that way. I know RB might now be what you need but, I can see him being that all around type of player here if we needed him to be.

With his hands and build I would consider making him a Mcaffrey type player. Think about that! That dude can do it all and I think you can use X that way. I know RB might now be what you need but, I can see him being that all around type of player here if we needed him to be.
Bro he is not Mccaffrey. Not even close. That's probably the craziest thing anybody has said on this board.

Hes' going to get a shot to earn the PR/KR job whether people like it or not. It's not like we have a ton of proven options at either spot. I'm not sure he'll climb the depth chart at WR enough to get significant playing time but once again, it's not like there's a ton of proven talent there either.

Bro he is not Mccaffrey. Not even close. That's probably the craziest thing anybody has said on this board.
I think I said Mccaffrey type because of his build and great catching ability but you can go with the extremes if you would like lol. He is bigger than Daniels right now, very shifty, very good hands and will only get faster and stronger. Not saying he is Mccaffrey, but versatile enough to be used that way.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Lol as in Christian Mcaffrey?? Hahahahahahah man CHILL

Lol as in Christian Mcaffrey?? Hahahahahahah man CHILL
Will yall chill man. Mccaffrey "type" He can be used that way is the only thing I am saying. I am not saying he will be that type of athlete, but please read things correctly. He has the versatility to be used as an offensive weapon like that. His build, I think Mc ran a 4.5 at the combine. I think you can make him that "type" of player just the type. I am not boosting anything that he has not proven.

Will yall chill man. Mccaffrey "type" He can be used that way is the only thing I am saying. I am not saying he will be that type of athlete, but please read things correctly. He has the versatility to be used as an offensive weapon like that. His build, I think Mc ran a 4.5 at the combine. I think you can make him that "type" of player just the type. I am not boosting anything that he has not proven.
Stop it bro. Your not moving him around. He is a slot and special team guy. Let the man develop.

Advertisement
Hes' going to get a shot to earn the PR/KR job whether people like it or not. It's not like we have a ton of proven options at either spot. I'm not sure he'll climb the depth chart at WR enough to get significant playing time but once again, it's not like there's a ton of proven talent there either.
This is exactly my expectations for him on his freshmen year.

What's "developmental" about him?

I'll hang up and listen.

When did a 195lb WR who runs a laser-timed 4.5 and polished routes become "developmental"?

Like, what does he need development with? (other than adjusting to the speed of the college game, which is EVERY Freshman)

I mean, you could've said that about Pope or Harley coming in, cause they were 126lbs and built like 12 year old boys.
But Restrepo, physically, is ready-made.

Route running? That's his best trait.
Weight room? He's jacked. Kid's probably maxed out actually. Any bigger and he might be too heavy.
Playbook? He's an Ivy League kid.
Scheme? He played in the spread.

Somebody help me understand what's going to keep him off the field other than older players being in front of him.

Advertisement
I think this kid will crack the rotation this year and prove some guys on the board here wrong... Now I know this is the social media hype thing but he works every time of the day!

Saw him running routes with some other receivers yesterday on IG... working on his quickness with the guy "goldfeet" during quarantine. this kid WORKS for it!

I think this kid will crack the rotation this year and prove some guys on the board here wrong... Now I know this is the social media hype thing but he works every time of the day!

Saw him running routes with some other receivers yesterday on IG... working on his quickness with the guy "goldfeet" during quarantine. this kid WORKS for it!

AWESOME POINT ON YOUR #25 ,

This dude is a ball player and a LEADER, we have our Edelman 2.0 here in Miami , he trains like no other so he can be like no other , he's been winning his PT all off season to players like him there is NO off-season THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

SLOW CLAP EARNED ON THIS POST.

What's "developmental" about him?

I'll hang up and listen.
you should be able to see from this highlight vs good HS competition. He didn't get loose one time in space, dropped a screen pass etc..He also let a HS rb blow by him for a long td.....he will face faster kids at the college level..please don't get me wrong I like him as a prospect....just think some of us are expecting too much out of him as a frosh.....let's wait to see how he develops...

you should be able to see from this highlight vs good HS competition. He didn't get loose one time in space, dropped a screen pass etc..He also let a HS rb blow by him for a long td.....he will face faster kids at the college level..please don't get me wrong I like him as a prospect....just think some of us are expecting too much out of him as a frosh.....let's wait to see how he develops...

wheres the dropped screen?

the one where the qb threw it a foot over his head?

Advertisement
Back