Xavier Restrepo season expectations

I do, Because he gets open and catches the ball. Simple concept that 5 Star Pope never has understood or at least performed?
Different offense and pope has been getting praised by likens and looks like he will start this year. Restrepro isn’t gettting 30 catches. Not only is older guys ahead of him he has to beat out smith who was flashing early in spring and Redding

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's nothing like any of them. Yall really hyping Restrepo up. He shouldn't be our starting PR or R this year. He shouldn't even be in our top 5 wr rotation. I know he works hard and has solid testing numbers but yall reaching with this one.
It’s okay to not like him as much as others bro, but he has film too that pretty much throw away anything that YOU have to say, imo. I trust my own eye and X is ready made.

It’s okay to not like him as much as others bro, but he has film too that pretty much throw away anything that YOU have to say, imo. I trust my own eye and X is ready made.
You'll see tho. I'm not saying he sucks but yall expectations way too. We have too much talent to have him at KR or PR. Where do yall even see him playing on offense ?

Advertisement
Even with throwing the ball a lot. You got jordan, Pope, Payton, Wiggins, Harley, and Mallory all ahead of him. He isnt getting 30 catches
And in that group proven play makers are Jordan, Wiggins and Harley. So maybe he gets 20, who knows, tough to tell anything when the kid didn’t even get to go through a full spring practice. I love his short are quickness and feel he can be a weapon in the slot, if not this year then next.

That is because now, the prospects layers are electronically timed. Back in the olden days a financially motivated Head Coach or Street agent was doing the hand timing and seeing a 4.2 Are you honestly saying kids are getting slower of the past several years. I have not seen a proven electonic 4.2 no less 4;3 in a long timer?
Oh no, not saying that. Just thought most receivers were in the 4.4 to 4.5 range. These kids are bigger, stronger and faster than they have ever been. Just saying Mississippi ST had a D Lineman run an official 4.41 at the 2019 combine, a freak for sure.
LOL I am an old guy and these kids today are unreal, a bit spoiled but really gifted athletically.

He's nothing like any of them. Yall really hyping Restrepo up. He shouldn't be our starting PR or R this year. He shouldn't even be in our top 5 wr rotation. I know he works hard and has solid testing numbers but yall reaching with this one.
Restrepo will do better than berrios at Miami imo. He’s used to the competition for one playing and excelling at sta and Deerfield and then he’s a good athlete in his own right. The transition won’t take as long as it did for berrios to produce

Last edited:
Restrepo will do better than berrios at Miami imo. He’s used to the competition for one and then he’s a good athlete in his own right. The transition won’t take as long as it did for berrios to produce
I'm not saying he wont but to come on the gate...

Advertisement
And in that group proven play makers are Jordan, Wiggins and Harley. So maybe he gets 20, who knows, tough to tell anything when the kid didn’t even get to go through a full spring practice. I love his short are quickness and feel he can be a weapon in the slot, if not this year then next.
He isn’t getting 20 either

7BCD4323-28E5-401A-9A47-B040BD55EDAB.jpeg

If this offense can perform at SMU level I don’t see him getting 30 catches.

Guys saying we have 8 WRs. Unless we are doing Mark Richt level full substitutions we shouldn’t need more than the top 4 WRs and top 3 TEs seeing significant snaps.

Cam Harris likely going for 1000 yards. KING probably adding another 600-700 rush yards.

Shane Buechele passed more often than I believe King will here.

Buechele rushed 64 times. I see King rushing about 80 times this season. Those runs take away from WR catches as well.
My expectations for the freshman are not high unless they are head and shoulders better than the others.

@Coach Macho what is Restrepo like as a kid? Is he hood?
As a kid?
Among the best I've ever encountered. Came to our program and became a leader within a month. He's got a "hood" flavor to him that comes from his dad. Pops is a tough, straight shootin', ex-Dade County Colombian Chico. But his parents taught him respect.
Everything is "yes sir, no sir", looks you right in the eyes. Grades are phenomenal. Could've went Ivy league.
He'll REQUEST to be put at multiple positions to help the team. Last season he played Corner, Nickel, Strong Safety, Free Safety, slot WR, outside WR, Running Back, Quarterback and returned kicks.

You look at his Senior tape and you'll see him all over the place, even blitzing off the edge.

Kid absolutely works his a$$ off. He was on a visit to Maryland and still woke up early and went to a local gym to get a workout in. While on a visit.

Bro we were getting absolutely steamrolled by St John's (DC) in the first half. Our only available Quarterback goes down with an injury and Restrepo comes in and scores 4 touchdowns...AT QUARTERBACK. 😆 Runnin' and gunnin' on some Doug Flutie type **** son!

Kid is the best FOOTBALL PLAYER I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You'll see tho. I'm not saying he sucks but yall expectations way too. We have too much talent to have him at KR or PR. Where do yall even see him playing on offense ?
He'll out-work everybody in that WR room right now.

He's smarter than all of them.
Runs better routes than any of them minus maybe Pope.
And coming in he's already stronger than all of them.

He also has more savvy with the ball in his hands than any of them minus (again maybe) Pope.

The kid had back-to-back kickoff returns for touchdowns in the playoffs. The first one got called back on a BS call, so he housed the next one.

I think you're severely underestimating him brother. I did too before I saw him play first hand.
He's probably the main one who showed up in every game last season. Even against Carol City, our offense couldn't **** a drop but he was (the only one) giving their DB's **** in man coverage.

Last edited:
Absolutely love this kid. I’m still a believer that his money is made at the CB spot. Either way he will thrive here. I would be surprised to see him line up at WR & CB this season. He brings depth to two positions we more at. He’s going to get a full scheduled of burn from day one.

Advertisement

The following players are being considered for return jobs according to the guy who makes the call.

KR
Knighton
Restrepo
Pope
Avantae
Clark

PR
Harley
Pope
Couch
Restrepo

As a kid?
Among the best I've ever encountered. Came to our program and became a leader within a month. He's got a "hood" flavor to him that comes from his dad. Pops is a tough, straight shootin', ex-Dade County Colombian Chico. But his parents taught him respect.
Everything is "yes sir, no sir", looks you right in the eyes. Grades are phenomenal. Could've went Ivy league.
He'll REQUEST to be put at multiple positions to help the team. Last season he played Corner, Nickel, Strong Safety, Free Safety, slot WR, outside WR, Running Back, Quarterback and returned kicks.

You look at his Senior tape and you'll see him all over the place, even blitzing off the edge.

Kid absolutely works his a$$ off. He was on a visit to Maryland and still woke up early and went to a local gym to get a workout in. While on a visit.

Bro we were getting absolutely steamrolled by St John's (DC) in the first half. Our only available Quarterback goes down with an injury and Restrepo comes in and scores 4 touchdowns...AT QUARTERBACK. 😆 Runnin' and gunnin' on some Doug Flutie type **** son!

Kid is the best FOOTBALL PLAYER I've ever seen.

Here's the game Macho is talking about on YouTube. Restrepo comes in at QB at around 1:35 in the video and leads a TD drive.

Advertisement
Back