Xavier Restrepo season expectations

Advertisement
you should be able to see from this highlight vs good HS competition. He didn't get loose one time in space, dropped a screen pass etc..He also let a HS rb blow by him for a long td.....he will face faster kids at the college level..please don't get me wrong I like him as a prospect....just think some of us are expecting too much out of him as a frosh.....let's wait to see how he develops...

I'm sorry, are we watching the same video?

1. He did get loose multiple times in space, broke tackles, got around the corner a couple times, and shook people.
2. That screen pass was 6 feet over his head.
3. Nobody blew passed him for a long TD. If you're talking about that long run, that kid cut-back and Restrepo was out of position, he didn't "blow by him".

Since you're referencing that game, he was probably the most productive player on the field that day other than Knighton and Parrish. And even Parrish had a hard time breaking loose in the open field. (he averaged 3.4 YPC that game) Literally the only guys in that entire play-off game who stuck out and looked "other wordly" from a physical standpoint were Henderson and Knighton. Everybody else looked like they were playing against other P5 D1 prospects. You're not just gonna "get loose" versus a team filled with other D1 kids. That just doesn't happen unless that player is flat-out special.

Last edited:
you should be able to see from this highlight vs good HS competition. He didn't get loose one time in space, dropped a screen pass etc..He also let a HS rb blow by him for a long td.....he will face faster kids at the college level..please don't get me wrong I like him as a prospect....just think some of us are expecting too much out of him as a frosh.....let's wait to see how he develops...

This !!!! Lol idk what y’all seeing to make y’all think he going ham right from the start. That man is a redshirt player.

This !!!! Lol idk what y’all seeing to make y’all think he going ham right from the start. That man is a redshirt player.

Is Henry Parrish a redshirt player?
Was Bryce Gowdy gonna be a redshirt player?
McDougle?
How 'bout Rodriguez?

Other than Knighton, NOBODY showed out in that game.

You still have yet to answer my question by the way.
What does he need to develop?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is Henry Parrish a redshirt player?
Was Bryce Gowdy gonna be a redshirt player?
McDougle?
How 'bout Rodriguez?

Other than Knighton, NOBODY showed out in that game.

You still have yet to answer my question by the way.
What does he need to develop?
Vershod Quinn #22 ( not fast) is the one who blew by him for a long run... Parish had 2 tds runs, Mcdougle ,Henderson and Mcsween scored long TDs...

We're just saying that he could see playing time, not that he'll be a phenom and break all kinds of records. You're making it sound like it's impossible for him to even sniff the field this year

Smart kids usually play early. Restrepo is smart, competitive, battle-tested and confident. I expect him to play in the slot and special teams.

Physically, he looked like a RB in spring. It will be interesting to see whether that’s his ideal weight. Berrios got a little too big early and it hurt his quickness. Restrepo looked pretty quick in spring so we’ll see.

When did a 195lb WR who runs a laser-timed 4.5 and polished routes become "developmental"?

Like, what does he need development with? (other than adjusting to the speed of the college game, which is EVERY Freshman)

I mean, you could've said that about Pope or Harley coming in, cause they were 126lbs and built like 12 year old boys.
But Restrepo, physically, is ready-made.

Route running? That's his best trait.
Weight room? He's jacked. Kid's probably maxed out actually. Any bigger and he might be too heavy.
Playbook? He's an Ivy League kid.
Scheme? He played in the spread.

Somebody help me understand what's going to keep him off the field other than older players being in front of him.

Macho you have to understand your talking to fans who have no clue about football IMO..

Advertisement
Vershod Quinn #22 ( not fast) is the one who blew by him for a long run... Parish had 2 tds runs, Mcdougle ,Henderson and Mcsween scored long TDs...
Yeah I know bro, I was there.
And while all the good kids made SOME plays, nobody stuck out physically other than Knighton and Henderson. They were different than everybody else on the field.

This kid is an animal

Brothers HE’S WINNING NOW before practice even starts.

You all have heard me say...

YOU TRAIN LIKE NO OTHER SO YOU CAN BE LIKE NO OTHER.

He’s taken ownership he owns his future his bar is LEAGUE level . When he reports players and coaches will be say GOOD LORD .

He’ll say let’s play football I’m ready Playbook memorized KICK IT.

Brothers this is NOT rocket science YOU WANT IT WELL TAKE IT.

I bet there’s no film of his workouts of agonizing pain hurling all alone and at night can’t sleep muscle aches cramps hunger pains body needing more fuel .

Brothers this is what Champions do THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED HOLD TROPHIES ABOVE KISS THEM ON NATIONAL TELEVISION

GOCANES

Advertisement
Brothers HE’S WINNING NOW before practice even starts.

You all have heard me say...

YOU TRAIN LIKE NO OTHER SO YOU CAN BE LIKE NO OTHER.

He’s taken ownership he owns his future his bar is LEAGUE level . When he reports players and coaches will be say GOOD LORD .

He’ll say let’s play football I’m ready Playbook memorized KICK IT.

Brothers this is NOT rocket science YOU WANT IT WELL TAKE IT.

I bet there’s no film of his workouts of agonizing pain hurling all alone and at night can’t sleep muscle aches cramps hunger pains body needing more fuel .

Brothers this is what Champions do THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED HOLD TROPHIES ABOVE KISS THEM ON NATIONAL TELEVISION

GOCANES
Preach. Wouldn’t be surprised if X had both offense and defense playbooks memorized already

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back