Xavier Restrepo season expectations

I’ve looked 15 years in the future and found X.

D97E69F1-7F97-4C81-9E0A-32C95E8FD41C.jpeg

Advertisement
Unfortunately we are gonna need all the Freshman big time. We have 4 returning WR's, one of which redshirted in Payton. The other 3, what have they really done? Harley is avg, Pope has under performed and Wiggins has flashed some big play potential. Truth is we could use a freshman savior ala Richards back in '16.
Sounds convincing but im not sold. Harley, Pope, and Wiggins have the opportunity to show they have grown into their big boy pants in a new offense.

I must be getting old, a 4.58 seems a little slow for a receiver. I did hear he gets open, hope someone can get him the ball.

Advertisement
A laser 4.58 for a true freshman is anything but slow. this kid will be running a sub 4.4 by the time he leaves here.
Thanks. I am misinformed. Appreciate the insght. Heard he is a hard worker who is always open

When examining our options in the passing game, it's important to step back and view them as an aggregate and not pigeonholed. I can name 10 players who may feature in the passing game before naming a single true freshman. All this talk about depending on the true freshmen is a bit overblown, don't you think?

Harley - our leading returning receiver
Jordan - can play TE, H-Back, FB, WR
Wiggins - our best deep threat
Mallory - can play TE, H-Back, FB, WR
Pope - can get open inside a phone booth
Harris - has displayed ability as a pass catcher
Payton - budding star according to sources
Few - entering 4th year out of HS, was in rotation in 2019
Hodges - all he does is catch TDs
Burns - caught a TD against Duke

slot: Harley / (Knighton?) / Few / Restrepo

flanker: Pope / Payton / Smith

split end: Wiggins / (Mallory?) / Redding / Worsham

Lol Marshall Few. Good lord Rok just stop

Special teams Demon. On Kickoff and punt coverage..saw someone say he’s gonna be better then Brax..he has a chance

Advertisement
This young man never stops training, he will win every match up because he's winning the match up now...

Advertisement
My hope is that he carves our a roll similar to Hunter Renfrow. Helping sustain drives by working the middle of the field. Since we are aiming to be running 80 plays per game I expect some of the young guys to get 20 snaps per game.

20-30 catches would be good as a Fr.
I like this take alot! I like Resperedo in the
slot too seems like such a hard working kid! I remember when the staff was slow playing him and people on the board were talking about how there was better out there. So glad we got him! I'm actually about to pass Hunter Renfrows HS here in Socastee SC out by Myrtle Beach lol dude is a god in his lil country *** home town! Go Canes!

IMHO, X will split time with Harley in the slot. Quick and tough with excellent hands.

ST? Punt coverage for sure. Perhaps kick coverage as well. Stretch? Punt returner. His short area quickness is excellent as are his hands. Judgment? Can’t tell but the comparison to Berrios is real. He is smart. Can’t forget the muffed punt by Jeff Thomas vs. Florida. Disaster. Berrios never did that. I don’t expect X to make mistakes like that.

To me he’s more Adam Thielen than Braxton Berrios
He's nothing like any of them. Yall really hyping Restrepo up. He shouldn't be our starting PR or R this year. He shouldn't even be in our top 5 wr rotation. I know he works hard and has solid testing numbers but yall reaching with this one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's nothing like any of them. Yall really hyping Restrepo up. He shouldn't be our starting PR or R this year. He shouldn't even be in our top 5 wr rotation. I know he works hard and has solid texting numbers but yall reaching with this one.

The idea of Restrepo is great. At DHS they called him the little bulldog. But he's not super springy or fast.

I must be getting old, a 4.58 seems a little slow for a receiver. I did hear he gets open, hope someone can get him the ball.

That is because now, the prospects layers are electronically timed. Back in the olden days a financially motivated Head Coach or Street agent was doing the hand timing and seeing a 4.2 Are you honestly saying kids are getting slower of the past several years. I have not seen a proven electonic 4.2 no less 4;3 in a long timer?

He's nothing like any of them. Yall really hyping Restrepo up. He shouldn't be our starting PR or R this year. He shouldn't even be in our top 5 wr rotation. I know he works hard and has solid testing numbers but yall reaching with this one.
He looks like Adam Thielen to me, I can’t find any fvcks to give about what you think. He has fluid routes, great hands, and his swag screams Adam. I played WR, didn’t say he was the next Adam Thielen just said he has similar abilities. Who made you the king of comparisons?

Advertisement
Back